KS16S recommended top speed?

Sekra

Hi! So i successfully completed the top speed unlock, so now the sliders go all the way up to 40 kph.

So far I haven’t managed to get it to beep or tilt back art that speed, I don’t really dare to push it. 

My question is; is it safe to use that top speed (40 kph) or should I lower it? Does it have the power to tilt back the unicycle at 40kph? What top speed do you guys use on your KS16s?

Mine cannot be set to above 35kmh through the KS application, and although 32kmh feels safe at 80-100 percent power, below that the pedals becomes progressively softer. While I haven't been dumped (yet) I slow down below 80% power and especially 40% power. I can usually tell how much power I have left by the softness of the pedals, within 10% on either side (which means I can be off by 20%).

I don't look at the % as range. I look at it as performance ability; at 100% you get 100% performance of the wheel, and it gets progressively worse until finally you can buckle the pedals if you're hotdogging it.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:12 PM, Sekra said:

Hi! So i successfully completed the top speed unlock, so now the sliders go all the way up to 40 kph.

So far I haven’t managed to get it to beep or tilt back art that speed, I don’t really dare to push it. 

My question is; is it safe to use that top speed (40 kph) or should I lower it? Does it have the power to tilt back the unicycle at 40kph? What top speed do you guys use on your KS16s?

It is not possible to set it to 40 km/h, the sliders will fall back to 35.

The best setting, if you feel safe enough on the wheel to use it, is to set alarm1 and alarm2 to 0, and alarm3 and tiltback to 35.

BTW, It looks like they will not update the old Kingsong app for the newer wheels, so I definitely recommend to use the new app for that (unfortunately it is still not on Playstore, but you can download it here, I'll let it there until end of october):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvkdzadh8t3kna3/20170905_KingsongAndroidAPP.apk?dl=0

If you are a new rider, or new with those speeds, it's best to have atleast one beeper well below the Ollie (tiltback). For example 30km/h. I find the tiltback smooth at top speed, since I never accelerate fast at those speeds. Whatever you do, be sane about it! And wear proper protection.

Archived