Unit setting on the app

Nick R

Just got my Kingsong 16S today. Playing with the app. Neither the kingsong app or the Wheellog app allows me to view my speed in MPH .. They are both metric. 
As far as I can tell, there is no setting to set it to MPH... is this true ?  

If there is.. how ?

24 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Just got my Kingsong 16S today. Playing with the app. Neither the kingsong app or the Wheellog app allows me to view my speed in MPH .. They are both metric. 
As far as I can tell, there is no setting to set it to MPH... is this true ?  

If there is.. how ?

Swipe in from the left. All the settings are there including MPH under the speed settings menu option. It took me forever to find that menu when I first loaded it.

Screenshot_2017-09-22-18-48-21.png

I noticed there is an option to select the max speed on the outer dial.  What does that mean, that the speedometer can show different max speeds, making the pointer sweep faster or slower?  If so, that is another indicator that the Inmotion app is superior to the Ninebot app.:angry: Ninebot is really starting to lose me here.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I noticed there is an option to select the max speed on the outer dial.  What does that mean, that the speedometer can show different max speeds, making the pointer sweep faster or slower?  If so, that is another indicator that the Inmotion app is superior to the Ninebot app.:angry: Ninebot is really starting to lose me here.

Correct. You adjust the range of the dial to suit your wheel so the whole dial is relevant to you.

Wheellog handles multiple wheels types (although not Ninebot I think). Originally created by a forum member with Inmotion support only just been added by a different member. It used to only be Kingsong and Gotway. You could always request Ninebot support.

On 23.9.2017 at 12:24 AM, Nick R said:

This is intentional.

The Russians and the Chinese grudgingly accepted the metric system 3 to 5 decades ago, and now the Chinese (Kingsong) and the Russians (Wheellog) thought:

"Why should we implement this damned nonscientific imperial system for the Angelsaxons ?   It still measures distances in the footlength of King George, and a yard is the free space behind my house, and not a distance metric. And although we know Miles Davis, we don't know what "miles" means as a standalone word.  Even New Zealand, the most remote country in the world, meanwhile uses the metric system. So let's teach these Ux (x='S' | 'K') guys a decent scientific system, the metric system!" :lol:

• 3 months later...

Hi, i got the samsung gear s3 and downloaded tbe wheel log app for the warch, when you open the app on the watch and touch the watch icon on the adroid app nothing happens.

Is there an extra setting i need to do ?

Archived