Next upgrade option after the Inmotion V8

Clifmeister

13 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

You can get 70-75km out of the KS16S with 840wh battery.

No, you get that:P Like @Catlord17, you must have a magic wheel.

Some dirt paths, and I'm getting 75km under optimal conditions (not over 20 km/h average, ideal 25°C temperatures) from my 1300Wh ACM (80 kg rider). 60 km at over 25 average and cold autumn temps.
He's heavier. He needs all the battery he can get.

Not 100% sure the V8 is really defective (tire pumped up properly? Worth a try:P). Worst case, he really might get that shitty range from it under the described circumstances.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clifmeister said:

Yay! @Marty Backe is in my thread!! I already drove wider wheels and that was no problem, maybe because of my length. Thanks all for giving me directions. I want to travel greater distances so I want more range. For the smaller distances I would use my V8.

I'm telling ya Marty, get that merch out there.  :whistling:  Trademark that name before others put out the "Gotway Defender Marty Backe" T-shirts and hoodies to take over the market.

I don't know why EUC manufacturers don't add an additional power port so people can attach external battery packs easily.  There must be some way to design a circuit to be able to join in an external pack to help boost power and range.  I know as the battery packs get depleted the voltage drops, and adding in a fresh pack at a much higher voltage directly into the circuit could be an issue, but does anyone know how it could be done?  There must be some way to do it.  Any electronics gurus out there?  That way people could carry a spare pack in their backpack and have a lead that plugs in with an easy breakaway connector on it.

:-)

i like these discussions...here is my take:

If you really, really want to go all the time over 35kmh(which is in my view nuts and not needed, and i personally know nobody who is doing that just for more than some seconds) you have to go for a GW 84volt or a KS 18S...

IF, IF is the important word...you are happy with a 30-35kmh wheel...and a 65-75kmh range is enough....go for a KS16S wheel instead of a Hotway...quality, safety and overall appearance is just a lot better than on any GW.

who ever had both kind of wheels...can not ignore the fact that it is just a different kind of build quality...where KS stays out and GW falls behind.

So and to all calling me fanboy..i am driving both ...ks18 and Gw v3...and have a bit more experience on more/other Ks/gw wheels!

And been thinking about buying a Tesla....just for Fun...and getting hit in the face when in one month a 1600wh version or upgraded version came out ;-)

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm telling ya Marty, get that merch out there.  :whistling:  Trademark that name before others put out the "Gotway Defender Marty Backe" T-shirts and hoodies to take over the market.

I don't know why EUC manufacturers don't add an additional power port so people can attach external battery packs easily.  There must be some way to design a circuit to be able to join in an external pack to help boost power and range.  I know as the battery packs get depleted the voltage drops, and adding in a fresh pack at a much higher voltage directly into the circuit could be an issue, but does anyone know how it could be done?  There must be some way to do it.  Any electronics gurus out there?  That way people could carry a spare pack in their backpack and have a lead that plugs in with an easy breakaway connector on it.

Did you read that paper weight topic? That explains what might happen if you all of the sudden connect full battery packs to (nearly) empty ones.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Where do you get those numbers from??? 840Wh for 75 km at 30-35 km/h???????:confused1:

Ok....perhaps get that down to a 60km :-)

but in general: a 84Volt wheel, from my experience, runs down on batterie always a bit faster...

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Might as well build the extra battery capacity into the wheel.

I'd buy Marty Backe brand products!

I'm thinking not everyone wants a 60 pound wheel and does 120 km rides every single day so why not have an average weight wheel with the capability to have someone carry additional battery packs to tailor their range on an as needed basis?  If my Ninebot had an easy to access port, I'd carry a couple extra packs for those days I want more range.  The wheel is heavy enough for me as it is, and I don't need 50 km range for every trip.

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Did you read that paper weight topic? That explains what might happen if you all of the sudden connect full battery packs to (nearly) empty ones.

I'm no electronicsologist, but I'm theorizing that there probably is some smart way of doing it through building some sort of electronics circuit.  Just because it's not present in any wheels currently doesn't mean that it cannot be done?  :efef927839:  

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No, you get that:P Like @Catlord17, you must have a magic wheel.

Some dirt paths, and I'm getting 75km under optimal conditions (not over 20 km/h average, ideal 25°C temperatures) from my 1300Wh ACM (80 kg rider). 60 km at over 25 average and cold autumn temps.
He's heavier. He needs all the battery he can get.

Not 100% sure the V8 is really defective (tire pumped up properly? Worth a try:P). Worst case, he really might get that shitty range from it under the described circumstances.

I do notice the Msuper isn't as efficient as the king songs.  Also the Gotway reporting in 10's. So it isn't giving you the actual percentage in ones if you know what I mean.  Lol.  I got the same range between my 16 and 18.  I have them both in 840wh.  

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

but in general: a 84Volt wheel, from my experience, runs down on batterie always a bit faster...

That is what I'm seeing with the Msuper.  Even though it is 1300wh vs my kingsong 840wh, it seems to be less efficient.  I'm getting about the same range for the 30% that I run off the battery.  Though again, the gotway really doesn't show the actual percentage.  It shows everything in 10's. 

47 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

You can get 70-75km out of the KS16S with 840wh battery.  That is more than enough for his 24km requirement.  But unfortunately speedyfeet doesn't sell the King Song. 

That number is meaningless without stating the riders weight. If your riding weight is ~80kg you will get  ~50km from the 16S under average riding conditions. If you ride slow you can stretch that number a bit. And KingSong reduces the speed limit on their wheels at the lower battery levels, so the last few miles can be very slow.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That number is meaningless without stating the riders weight. If your riding weight is ~80kg you will get  ~50km from the 16S under average riding conditions. If you ride slow you can stretch that number a bit. And KingSong reduces the speed limit on their wheels at the lower battery levels, so the last few miles can be very slow.

That's just horrible, riding for 10 miles at ... 10mph. Would drive me crazy on paved roads.

10 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's just horrible, riding for 10 miles at ... 10mph. Would drive me crazy on paved roads.

The KS16B is going down from 30 to 25 km/h, starting at around 25% battery capacity.  For me that is acceptable.

But I know it is different (worse) on the KS14's and KS18's.

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've not hit the battery level where there is a limit.  I ride pretty fast, averaging over 25km/h.  I'm 155lbs.  I ride all asphalt, nearly no grass or off road.  

I rather the wheel limit the speed at low battery than the method Gotway deploy, cutting power to the wheel resulting in a condition called faceplantitis.  Lol

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

When I had my 840wh wheels, I consistently got 48 - 55km under varied riding conditions. I never got close to 60km. I'm ~80kg.

30 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

lol, I rather it drive me at 10mph than for it to drive my face into the ground like the way gotway handles low battery.  

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I've not hit the battery level where there is a limit.  I ride pretty fast, averaging over 25km/h.  I'm 155lbs.  I ride all asphalt, nearly no grass or off road.  

I rather the wheel limit the speed at low battery than the method Gotway deploy, cutting power to the wheel resulting in a condition called faceplantitis.  Lol

That's a false statement. When was the last time someone had a faceplant on a Gotway wheel from riding too fast on a low battery? I've never experienced that with my multitude of Gotway wheels and can't remember reading about someone else having that problem.

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

lol, I rather it drive me at 10mph than for it to drive my face into the ground like the way gotway handles low battery.  

WARNING  false statement  WARNING

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's a false statement. When was the last time someone had a faceplant on a Gotway wheel from riding too fast on a low battery? I've never experienced that with my multitude of Gotway wheels and can't remember reading about someone else having that problem.

Yoshi.  LOL

2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Yoshi.  LOL

Not true. He experienced an overspeed cutout because he disabled the alarms and tilt-back and ignored the final alarm. User error which he acknowledges.

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

Disagree about all wheels, King Song has software that prevents it.   

Gotway treats it's users like adults and lets them establish the level of risk that they want to take.

A Gotway wheel can be configured to be extremely safe. But if you are willing to accept the risks than you can disengage the safety features.

This is my biggest complaint about KingSong. They coddle their users. If given the choice I will always prefer the freedom to make my own choices. 

Archived