Southern California - Whittier Hills 30Sep2017

Marty Backe

During my last ride here I discovered some new trails that some of you might want to explore. So here's your chance.

This ride will be between 15 and 20 miles. There are some strenuous hills involved in this ride, but my KS14S handled them fine. No dainty wheels advised.The new trails contain some Level 4 to 5 (5 being impassible) riding conditions so you should be an experienced rider. Unless you want to have a horrible day, do not bring a Monster (I'm looking at you Jeff).

For any of you trail lovers out there, this is your day. The ride will begin at 8am. Expect to be in the hills for ~4 hours. Bring sunscreen, water, and energy bars. I will be riding my KS14S.

We will be meeting in this small parking lot (I will probably be parking somewhere on Beverly Boulevard to avoid unwanted attention in the parking lot) between 7:30am and 8:00am so that we can be riding no later than 8am   Google Map Location  FYI, the trail head for this ride will be the Art Deco Water Tower and will start with a solid Level 4 hill climb :)

You will be tired after this ride. We can all grab a nearby lunch afterwards to replenish our bodies and tell tall tales of our exploits :D.

Please respond to this post if you will be attending. If there are no responses the ride will be cancelled.

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou   @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

On 9/20/2017 at 3:34 PM, Marty Backe said:

Unless you want to have a horrible day, do not bring a Monster (I'm looking at you Jeff).

Certainly don't want the "Marty and Monster @ Cogswell experience", so I'll bring either the Msuper or KS16 or ACM2040,Unless I bring the Monster.:P

6 minutes ago, JrKline "Wheel Whisperer said:

Certainly don't want the "Marty and Monster @ Cogswell experience", so I'll bring either the Msuper or KS16 or ACM2040,Unless I bring the Monster.:P

It's up to you of course, but this new trail has lots of sharp switchbacks with boulders placed to slow people down (I think???).

Did you see @YoshiSkySun's announcement of a Friday night ride. @Stan Onymous and myself are going to that too (I'll probably only ride for the first couple of hours).

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 3:34 PM, Marty Backe said:

During my last ride here I discovered some new trails that some of you might want to explore. So here's your chance.

This ride will be between 15 and 20 miles. There are some strenuous hills involved in this ride, but my KS14S handled them fine. No dainty wheels advised.The new trails contain some Level 4 to 5 (5 being impassible) riding conditions so you should be an experienced rider. Unless you want to have a horrible day, do not bring a Monster (I'm looking at you Jeff).

For any of you trail lovers out there, this is your day. The ride will begin at 8am. Expect to be in the hills for ~4 hours. Bring sunscreen, water, and energy bars. I will be riding my KS14S.

We will be meeting in this small parking lot (I will probably be parking somewhere on Beverly Boulevard to avoid unwanted attention in the parking lot) between 7:30am and 8:00am so that we can be riding no later than 8am   Google Map Location  FYI, the trail head for this ride will be the Art Deco Water Tower and will start with a solid Level 4 hill climb :)

You will be tired after this ride. We can all grab a nearby lunch afterwards to replenish our bodies and tell tall tales of our exploits :D.

Please respond to this post if you will be attending. If there are no responses the ride will be cancelled.

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou   @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

do not include me in this list.

2 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

do not include me in this list.

Don't worry, you won't be included in any future ride announcements, per your request.

5 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

@YoshiSkySun great video. The angles from all sides, the over the shoulder front view is my favorite, at about 2:28 you climbed past those other two wheels that had to walk their wheels up the hill.  Just noticed you were playing Hotel California at one point.  Great editing and music.

Archived