i promise i'll treat you better, baby...

kour

yes! it's a 1600wh from @Jason McNeil - at the time i bought it the price was slashed, and i wanted a backup (maybe just another? ;)) wheel that was a little smaller and with more juice. my other, first wheel, is an msuper v3 (820wh). the story on the msuper is it got smashed when i was learning and i duct-taped it up to cover some gaps in the casing. i haven't had any problems with it, though - that thing is tough! i'm stoked for the acm - i still have to let it charge more

On 9/20/2017 at 10:10 AM, kour said:

yes! it's a 1600wh from @Jason McNeil - at the time i bought it the price was slashed, and i wanted a backup (maybe just another? ;)) wheel that was a little smaller and with more juice. my other, first wheel, is an msuper v3 (820wh). the story on the msuper is it got smashed when i was learning and i duct-taped it up to cover some gaps in the casing. i haven't had any problems with it, though - that thing is tough! i'm stoked for the acm - i still have to let it charge more

Congrats sir.  I'm sure you will like the ACM its a great wheel.  You will def notice a difference in maneuverability and stability and acceleration, a different feel from the MSuper but not in a bad way.  Enjoy Sir.  I'll check it out next time we ride.    

@Acturbo thanks man! dude, this thing is a beast! yes, very different - most noticeably, for me, is trying to get on it! i'm so used to having that nice, reassuring msuper support around mid-calf.. the first time i tried to mount (this morning) i kicked up the left pedal and slashed my right ankle.. not serious but it bled a lot. fortunately i was able to grab in time, so no damage to the unit. i just rode around my neighborhood for about 20 mins, first impressions:

-headlight is WAAAY brighter than on my msuper 820

-maneuverability seems... twitchier. noticeable especially when re-positioning a foot. at the same it implies a quicker response

-i read your account of the squeaky noise and your subsequent tire rotations (sic) - that occurred a couple of times for me. i noticed it once at around 24 kph so i got back to that speed but it didn't happen again. it occurred again at a much slower speed, but only lasted a second. im not sure what it could be. i have the psi at ~45, maybe a little less.. maybe it's from certain pressures on the shell causing it to make brief contact with the tire? at any rate, the ride was smooth as butter and i ended up going really fast without realizing it!

-the latest gotway app... it would connect to the acm... sometimes. and when it did, i wasn't able to access the alarm etc. controls. today i downloaded the barebones, non-social app and it works like a charm! thank you @Marty Backe! big reps:thumbup:

how is the msuper treatin' ya, @Acturbo?

13 hours ago, kour said:

i kicked up the left pedal and slashed my right ankle.. not serious but it bled a lot

And now you can not get your massage!  That was on my list of things to get done!  Now I cannot get a massage.  I scraped shin trying to do a 180 and had to step off and the pedal hit me.  It's bad manners to get a massage with broken skin.  

37 minutes ago, kour said:

@Acturbo thanks man! dude, this thing is a beast! yes, very different - most noticeably, for me, is trying to get on it! i'm so used to having that nice, reassuring msuper support around mid-calf.. the first time i tried to mount (this morning) i kicked up the left pedal and slashed my right ankle.. not serious but it bled a lot. fortunately i was able to grab in time, so no damage to the unit. i just rode around my neighborhood for about 20 mins, first impressions:

-headlight is WAAAY brighter than on my msuper 820

-maneuverability seems... twitchier. noticeable especially when re-positioning a foot. at the same it implies a quicker response

-i read your account of the squeaky noise and your subsequent tire rotations (sic) - that occurred a couple of times for me. i noticed it once at around 24 kph so i got back to that speed but it didn't happen again. it occurred again at a much slower speed, but only lasted a second. im not sure what it could be. i have the psi at ~45, maybe a little less.. maybe it's from certain pressures on the shell causing it to make brief contact with the tire? at any rate, the ride was smooth as butter and i ended up going really fast without realizing it!

-the latest gotway app... it would connect to the acm... sometimes. and when it did, i wasn't able to access the alarm etc. controls. today i downloaded the barebones, non-social app and it works like a charm! thank you @Marty Backe! big reps:thumbup:

how is the msuper treatin' ya, @Acturbo?

I like the both the MSuper and the ACM, they both have their places in my collection.  MSuper when I want to go long distances with higher speed and more stability and the ACM is great for around town and maneuverability.  I find myself flying on both of them because they both feel like they have gobs of power.

Hopefully that scraping noise will go away.  After I changed my tire I have not had a problem.  It was more of an annoyance than anything and gave me a feeling that something was going to break.  Not a big fan of hearing crunching noises while riding.  

Anyways enjoy the ACM it's def fun.  Have not decided whether or not to bring it on a group ride since the Super is a 1600 and ACM a 1300.  With rapid charger I guess it won't matter.

See you on the next ride...................................... 

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

And now you can not get your massage!  God almighty!  That was on my list of things to get done!  Now I cannot get a massage.  I scraped my knee and holy shit I don't want to burden her wit that.

hey, if she's cool with doing it on some butcher paper i don't mind:lol:

also, i'll add and therefore negate the humorous tone of my first line, since i'm not entirely sure what to make of your response... i don't have a car. it was totaled by some dude driving on a revoked license (for previous dui) who didn't understand traffic signals, in his wife's car - although he told the officers at the scene that it was his sister's car, initially (more lies were to follow... he also didn't show up to court). i had that car (hyundai sonata 2001) for 10 years and was fortunate enough to have been able to buy it for $1.00 from my estranged father. after that incident, i came to the conclusion that a mix of public transportation and wheeling would be the most economical and, more importantly,  FUN solution... for me, that is.. ain't no life of privilege for this cat mister!

i love the msuper! i can only imagine what the maxed out version is like...

sorry, i realized you didn't use 'squeaky' to describe your acm issue - i guess i was thinking of chirpy, hehheh. i'll see how that unfolds...

1 hour ago, Acturbo said:

Have not decided whether or not to bring it on a group ride since the Super is a 1600 and ACM a 1300.  With rapid charger I guess it won't matter.

your call of course - but if u ride your msuper it can be a 1600 sampler's delight!

11 hours ago, kour said:

i love the msuper! i can only imagine what the maxed out version is like...

sorry, i realized you didn't use 'squeaky' to describe your acm issue - i guess i was thinking of chirpy, hehheh. i'll see how that unfolds...

your call of course - but if u ride your msuper it can be a 1600 sampler's delight!

When do you guys do group rides? I will be in DC in a week for a few days, won't have a wheel, but maybe I'd stop by and see some wheelers. I have to go out there because my wife is a lawyer and she's getting her DC Bar card for some reason or another. 

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

@kour I was the one overreacting, your injury reminded me of mine, and I was mad at myself because this is the second time I have to postpone a massage because of the pedal cutting or scraping my leg, in the last two months.

lol, i completely misinterpreted what you were saying - i feel like a fool!! i am sorry for your plight

3 hours ago, kour said:

well, i've got the 30th off, and two wheels ;) anyone else gonna be in dc and down for a ride? @edwin_rm@dmethvin@RichieV@LorenW@Acturbo

even if no one else is available i'll meet up with ya!

Quite possibly...

21 hours ago, kour said:

i came to the conclusion that a mix of public transportation and wheeling would be the most economical and, more importantly,  FUN solution... for me, that is.. ain't no life of privilege for this cat mister!

Add to the list of EUC advantages: More economical transportation =  more money available for massages!

Archived