IMAX S1+ kickscooter vs KS16s

LanghamP

I had a very interesting experience with a guy with one of these lolling around Forrest Park, we went riding for maybe two hours around the Park and urban areas.

IMAX S1+ Electric Scooter Lithium Powered 48V/10Ah 500W Motor 20 MPH (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCRFBLY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-m-Vzb1HXJFH2

--Modern electric vehicles, of the micro transport variety (smaller than bicycles) are amazing in an urban environment.

--A kickscooter may be the most practical, safest, and fastest micro vehicle. It took me maybe .5 of a second to learn, with perhaps the only major drawback is you must have both hands on the bars at all times (right hand to dead man throttle, left hand to brake).

--Obstacle-wise you simply kick off/carry the scooter, with the loss of speed depending on how brave you are.

--Folds-up to about a bit bigger than my wheel but far smaller than any bicycle, with about a four second fold time, maybe faster once you get the hang of it. The handler is the equivalent of our trolley handle.

--I'm unsure why these kickscooters aren't popular as they crush booster boards in every category except maybe coolness. I see a lot of Boosterboards but not kickscooters. 

--You can ride an EUC along the top of a concrete fence, and make 90 degree zero radius turns while double dog daring the kickscooter rider to follow you. :lol:

While a kickscooter won't replace my EUC I do strongly urge anyone here try a high-end kickscooter.

Archived