Ninebot One S2 problems with App

seeker

Hi

I´m new to this forum and the world of unicycles. A few days a go, i bought a ninebot one S2  and installed the official app. So far so good.

But I'm not able to go through the tutorial. Every time i start the app and the Ninebot, the App mentioned that there´s a new Video. Ok, I start the download and after that, the App want to download it over and over again. So I'm not able to go through the tutorial and  switch off the speed limiter (7km/h) 

Anybody else with this problem? Any idea how i could solve it or how can I switch off this Speed Limit?

Many thanks in advance

Frank

There’s seriously wrong with the iOS app. 

Can’t watch new rider tutorials because the app gets stuck in a loop downloading a resource update. 

Can’t set the speed limit because the back button on the upper left corner can’t be tapped. Speed is stuck to default 4.3 mph.  

The wheel is nice but the app is none functional, returning to Amazon. 

59 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

There’s seriously wrong with the iOS app. 

Can’t watch new rider tutorials because the app gets stuck in a loop downloading a resource update. 

Can’t set the speed limit because the back button on the upper left corner can’t be tapped. Speed is stuck to default 4.3 mph.  

The wheel is nice but the app is none functional, returning to Amazon. 

You could download an earlier version from this forum.  Go to downloads section.  It will not be fully functional without logging in to the app, but it might not have the speed restriction.  But try what @novazeus said above first.

Know someone with an Android? Have him download the app and try getting past the tutorials that way. You could even buy an ultra cheap Android phone just for that purpose. I saw one on clearance at Walmart for $20.

1 hour ago, Rotciv said:

@novazeus Thanks for the help! Unfortunately my version of Ninebot app has the top buttons messed up. You can see that on the video. 

I hope the update the iOS app. 

weird, i have the app from apple store ninebot. iphone 7 plus, works on my ipads.

On 9/14/2017 at 6:57 AM, seeker said:

Hi

I´m new to this forum and the world of unicycles. A few days a go, i bought a ninebot one S2  and installed the official app. So far so good.

But I'm not able to go through the tutorial. Every time i start the app and the Ninebot, the App mentioned that there´s a new Video. Ok, I start the download and after that, the App want to download it over and over again. So I'm not able to go through the tutorial and  switch off the speed limiter (7km/h) 

Anybody else with this problem? Any idea how i could solve it or how can I switch off this Speed Limit?

Many thanks in advance

Frank

This may be a dumb question, but after installing the app did you create a login with username and password?  I seem to remember that when the forced update occurred, my speedometer was showing only the top half.  If I remember correctly, the app worked fine after I logged in.  Now I never log off, but just close the app, and when I open it again I am already logged on.  Too much trouble to log on every day.

20 hours ago, dbfrese said:

Know someone with an Android? Have him download the app and try getting past the tutorials that way. You could even buy an ultra cheap Android phone just for that purpose. I saw one on clearance at Walmart for $20.

Found an Android phone and downloaded  the android app. Managed to get past the tutorial and was able to disable and set speed limit. 

The iOS app seems to be a converted android app and not made with Xcode. 

Wish they rewrite the app and fix the ui quirks and other bugs.

2 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Found an Android phone and downloaded  the android app. Managed to get past the tutorial and was able to disable and set speed limit. 

Excellent! Glad you'll be able to ride unhindered now. Safe Wheeling!

Archived