Baltimore Maryland - This weekend September 16th.

Acturbo

Join us this Saturday September 16th for our first trip around the Baltimore area.  So far it is myself and @edwin_rm.  Looking for additional folks to join.  We will be meeting at the Memorial to Armistead in Federal Hill Park at 11am(at inner harbor).  We will explore the inner harbor and several of the attractions and trails in the area.  There are plenty of spots to charge and eat/drink on our journey.  All experience levels and wheels are invited.  

Weather permitting

@kour @dmethvin  @RichieV @radial @J.T. @LorenW @CaptainKBLS

Unfortunately, I have plans to attend another event, otherwise I'd totally be down for it. My schedule typically requires a lot of lead time. Hopefully, you've seen the ride I'm planning for next month in DC (we've already got 9 people signed up)! 

Just now, joftley said:

I'll be in Baltimore this weekend and would join in if someone has an extra wheel I could borrow.

I'm down to one currently or I would let you.  ACM is being taken apart tonight for an issue and MSuper is the only one left.  Just sold my other 2.  Sorry   

6 hours ago, joftley said:

I'll be in Baltimore this weekend and would join in if someone has an extra wheel I could borrow.

How long would you stay with the group on a borrowed wheel? What kind of euc do you normally ride?

16 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

How long would you stay with the group on a borrowed wheel? What kind of euc do you normally ride?

I can stay with the group till the end (or as long as the battery lasts). I commute most days on a MSuper V3s+.

4 minutes ago, joftley said:

I can stay with the group till the end (or as long as the battery lasts). I commute most days on a MSuper V3s+.

@edwin_rm.  Edwin, I don't think many people realize how our rides normally go lol.  It's normally a meeting time til dark affair.  We normally stop and eat and drink and charge etc once or twice along the way.  I have fast chargers for both 67 and 84V wheels so if we can find you a wheel we can get you charged up quick.  

Our last 2 trips were 47 miles and 51 miles............................

1 hour ago, Acturbo said:

Which wheel are you bringing Edwin?  If it's 67V I'll bring the fast charger.  I'll have the 84V fast charger regardless.  

I guess I'm bringing one of each type. He'll ride the 67.

If any last minute riders decide to join, note that we have changed the starting location, and will now meet near coordinates 39.285333, -76.605962 or so.

44 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Skate boarders! You guys are freaking awesome!

We had a good time, trip summary below:

Edwin made us wait an additional 45 minutes cause he showed up late :D.  Took the promenade by the water all the way until we could take it no longer.  Stopped in the park to see the Statue and the view.  Got lost.  Found our way to Fort Mchenry, got stopped by a ranger who said electric vehicles are not allowed, tried to ride out and got stopped by a second ranger so we walked out.  All this despite there not being a single sign anywhere stating that electric or any type of vehicle is not allowed.  Left Fort McHenry and searched for the Gwynn Falls trail.  Enroute to Gwynn Falls Trail went over the scariest bridge in the world but we all survived.  Found Gwynn Falls trail, then lost Gwynn falls trail.  Took a short trip through the ghetto, fortunately no one was shot :rolleyes:.  Continued riding aimlessly through the city until joftley took a tumble, then decided to find our way back to Gwnn Falls Trail.  Found the trail again only to find out the trail was closed due to construction after travelling some distance.  We climbed the fence and got the unicycles over and continued on the trail.  Hit the unpaved part of the trail with a 200 foot cliff off to the left which was pretty sweet.  Took Gwynn falls trail back to Jones trail.  Ran into downhill skateboarders that insisted we race them so we did.  Back on to Jones trail and back down to inner harbor where joftley turned in for the night. Rode through the city, passed Camden yards and M&T stadium.  Rode down promenade a  second time to the end then took the road back to the parking garage, grabbed a beer and went home.  Not sure exactly how long the trip was, did not track it this trip but I would estimate in the 50-60 mile range.   

I couldn't remember exactly where it happened but we also did stop at a target/starbucks for a quick bite and a half hour or so worth of recharge.  

Thanks guys for coming along.  Those who didn't can hopefully come next trip...........................

Archived