Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

this is nothing new to KS. This how they do and they are VERY clear about this. So states Ewheels (the dealer of the reviewed wheel)

,but only once the KS app has unlocked the settings. On KS18L/XL it is was a 2 step process. Reach 5km (max 20kmh) to unlock 40kmh, reach 200km to unlock 50kmh. 

 

Wheelog can changes speedsettings bot not the actual unlocking of higher speeds.  I suspect this is still the case. I will let you know once I get my wheel.

I suspect that's probably the case too. There's no way around it: you just have to put on the mileage and unlock with the KS app... WheelLog can only operate within the possibilities of what the manufacturer (firmware) allows, and AFAIK, you need the KS app (registration, etc) to unlock the initial speed limitation. It would be the same with a wheel that's factory locked until unboxed: you have to do that with the KS app... 

Edited by travsformation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I suspect that's probably the case too. There's no way around it: you just have to put on the mileage and unlock with the KS app.

Well there might be something new, as it seems it picked up he had ridden 200km+ on a previous KS wheel. But Wheelog still can't do the actual unlocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well there might be something new, as it seems it picked up he had ridden 200km+ on a previous KS wheel. But Wheelog still can't do the actual unlocking. 

It seems like the KS app logs mileage (on their servers...), or at least the fact that one has done enough mileage to unlock top speed, on a per-user basis now. Probably so that users who have already owned a KS wheel don't have to "start from zero" to unlock if they buy a new (KS) wheel. Frustrating for experienced riders buying their first KS though... 😓😒

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Frustrating for experienced riders buying their first KS though...

I think it is a non-issue.

First off, sorry I know this is a little sidetrack to Wheelog. 

But the first 5km is where you get you feel of the wheel. Coming from a different brand you are likely to experience differences.

So 5km at 20kmh about 20min...done. 

Then you are free to do 40kmh for about 195km....5-7 hours. For someone really expirearanced should not be an issue. So after a weekend your are unlocked if you desire to do that. 

So here is where Wheelog comes into play. You log your unlocking rides, give you data with insight to your new wheel. Even compare logs from previous wheels doing same routes, by this you are at much less risk to get a nasty surprise due to new brand/model. 

I really only see benagits to this. KS like to come across safe fun and rides. Freedom of choice is not always the best way. Educated choices are a better option IMHO. Next this is speed limits in different countries could influence how units are sold and how many. Even if you are in unlimited area, you will benafit the extra sales made possible, for a limited "cost/effect" again IMHO. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, travsformation said:

Has anyone tried to install WheelLog on an Amazfit watch? I'm considering one because of the very good battery life (~1 month) is and the fact it has GPS... I'm getting sick of draining my phone battery logging my tours... 

I know android apps aren't supported, in theory, but that there is third party software for installing apks. Has anyone tried? It might be worth a shot. 

Even if I do manage to install it, I don't think I'd be able to sync the watch with the wheel, but I if I could mirror WheelLog from my phone (just for speed and distance readings, like with the Pebble), it would be awesome.

I think the easier way would be a full android watch... So you could use the native WheelLog App...For me it works great. The benefit with this is that you could leave your entire mobile at home.

For me i don´t get the benefit of the pebble idea... You need your phone and you are limited to only a few infomation on this watch. With a full watch you could use the whole app during drive, play music on the wheel and all other things you do with the mobile.

Edited by TuN3M@N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TuN3M@N said:

For me i don´t get the benefit of the pebble idea...

The benefit is that a Pebble can be had for £20 Vs £??? for a decent Android watch.

Other than that, you are probably right, having everything on your mobile available on your wrist would be nice. How well does the wheelog app display on such a small screen? Also, does the watch have a SIM card slot then? Do you have 2 SIMS - one for the mobile and one for the watch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Planemo said:

The benefit is that a Pebble can be had for £20 Vs £??? for a decent Android watch.

Other than that, you are probably right, having everything on your mobile available on your wrist would be nice. How well does the wheelog app display on such a small screen? Also, does the watch have a SIM card slot then? Do you have 2 SIMS - one for the mobile and one for the watch?

The price is a point...that right...Full Android watch is somewhere between 100€-150€

At the moment i use the GmOne Version, wich was optimised for a Lemfo X but it looks quite good, will post pictures of all screen in the evening, need to connect the wheel.

Yes the watch has a sim slot. I use a dual SIM, so in the watch is a "copy" of the mobile sim. 

Edited by TuN3M@N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Coco66, the Pebble steel (like yours) is what I use and it works great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an Android app that I can download to my phone which can then import wheelog files and display all the parameters in a graph?

I ask because my Pebble buzzed the other day and I would be interested to know why. I suspect it was either a current or speed warning as I was motoring a bit at the time but I am curious.

I tried looking at the data via the EUC World graphs (I recorded the ride) but it appears I had a disconnection 5 minutes into the ride so the data never made it to the server. I assume it's still on my phone though, along with all my other wheelog data files as I have set it to log everything as soon as connected to the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Is there an Android app that I can download to my phone which can then import wheelog files and display all the parameters in a graph?

I ask because my Pebble buzzed the other day and I would be interested to know why. I suspect it was either a current or speed warning as I was motoring a bit at the time but I am curious.

I tried looking at the data via the EUC World graphs (I recorded the ride) but it appears I had a disconnection 5 minutes into the ride so the data never made it to the server. I assume it's still on my phone though, along with all my other wheelog data files as I have set it to log everything as soon as connected to the wheel.

Not an android app, but our dear @Seba made this, which you should be able to upload your CSV files to and get a graphical display: http://wheellogviewer.net/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 10:00 PM, travsformation said:

Frustrating for experienced riders buying their first KS though...

It's a non-issue because the issue doesn't exist. I did my very first 5 miles on my KS16X. I read the instruction manual and activated the wheel and changed the speed limit settings in the app. I was immediately riding at 40kmh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nils said:

Not an android app, but our dear @Seba made this, which you should be able to upload your CSV files to and get a graphical display: http://wheellogviewer.net/

That's great thanks Nils! The graph doesn't size/scale too well on mobile (probably better to transfer the file to PC and view it on there) but I can see from the stats that the only warning which would have triggered was current at 42.3A. My alarm was set to 35A. So question answered! Thanks again.

Surprisingly it showed a peak of 2149w - not sure how accurate that is but it seems to be going some for a Ninebot Z6!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

It's a non-issue because the issue doesn't exist. I did my very first 5 miles on my KS16X. I read the instruction manual and activated the wheel and changed the speed limit settings in the app. I was immediately riding at 40kmh.

For me it was a massive headache, even unlocking the wheel post-unboxing, which took about 2h. Unlocking 40km took the whole rest of the day. Maybe the KS app has improved since then (I don't know because I don't use it), but when I got my 1st batch 18XL, it was ridiculously buggy and the registration process was a massive headache. 

Aside from that, I can agree with what @Unventorsaid a few posts ago: the KS approach makes sense from a safety point of view and seems like a sensible /reasonable choice. BUT that doesn't take away from the fact THAT it's an imposition. Even if it's a sensible one, I'm sure a lot of people won't like it (especially people coming from GW) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travsformation said:

For me it was a massive headache, even unlocking the wheel post-unboxing, which took about 2h. Unlocking 40km took the whole rest of the day. Maybe the KS app has improved since then (I don't know because I don't use it), but when I got my 1st batch 18XL, it was ridiculously buggy and the registration process was a massive headache. 

Doesn't seem like it was updated.

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Aside from that, I can agree with what @Unventorsaid a few posts ago: the KS approach makes sense from a safety point of view and seems like a sensible /reasonable choice. BUT that doesn't take away from the fact THAT it's an imposition. Even if it's a sensible one, I'm sure a lot of people won't like it (especially people coming from GW) 

People won't like what? As I said, there is no issue.  There is no "KS approach".

- create account

- connect to wheel

- unlock wheel

- calibrate wheel

- change speed settings

- off you go

 

No idea what the problem there is

 

Now of course if you don't read instructions I can imagine that it is a headache, because it begins with turning your wheel on and it won't ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a issue with Wheellog but does anyone else with a Samsung S9 phone have issues staying connected or reconnecting to Wheellog? I have another cheap android phone that stays connected to my KS16S but my S9 would drop connection and be unable to reconnect. I suspect it's something wrong with my phone but I'm not sure exactly what's causing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blank said:

This isn't a issue with Wheellog but does anyone else with a Samsung S9 phone have issues staying connected or reconnecting to Wheellog? I have another cheap android phone that stays connected to my KS16S but my S9 would drop connection and be unable to reconnect. I suspect it's something wrong with my phone but I'm not sure exactly what's causing it. 

You have to remove WheelLog from the phones battery optimization:

https://dontkillmyapp.com/samsung?app=WheelLog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one of those full Android watches and installed the fork that includes the screen optimizations for that watch. Looks pretty good I must say. Didn't get to ride yet, but the connection works.

I did notice that on the KS16X the battery percentage is wrong (voltage is correct), but on the Z10 it works correctly.

Curious how long the battery will last.

 

I also have a Pebble watch coming my way, so I can compare what works best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We love pebble.. Most of my friends got one. 

It works so nice 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy, I get about 5-10 connection lost messages per minute with the combination OnePlus 5 (OxygenOS 9.0.7) + wheellog (version 2.0.31) + v5f (latest FW: 1.3.506),  is that normal ? Sometimes the connection lost interruptions are very short,  sometimes these interruptions takes longer time.   IM SCV app seems to work without any connection problems. I have disabled the battery optimization, no help.

Any advice how I can solve this issue ?

Edited by melodrama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 OK I got my pebble. Now I don’t know what to do. I turned it on and it wants me to download the app. I downloaded the app on my Samsung phone and it says the app doesn’t work anymore. The actual company that produced the app states when you open the app that it doesn’t work anymore. How do I make this thing work?  Note I don’t have a Sim card for the phone but I have Wi-Fi.  The phone is a Samsung 8.  I want to use this watch with wheel log.  Can someone please pass on to me the procedure? Otherwise I’m going to ship this thing right back to Amazon. Thanks guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I got one of those full Android watches and installed the fork that includes the screen optimizations for that watch. Looks pretty good I must say. Didn't get to ride yet, but the connection works.

I did notice that on the KS16X the battery percentage is wrong (voltage is correct), but on the Z10 it works correctly.

Curious how long the battery will last.

 

I also have a Pebble watch coming my way, so I can compare what works best.

I guess you can not be connected with watch app and phone (euc.world fork of wheellog) at the same time? Wheel only accept one connection right?

Edited by Boogieman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

 OK I got my pebble. Now I don’t know what to do. I turned it on and it wants me to download the app. I downloaded the app on my Samsung phone and it says the app doesn’t work anymore. The actual company that produced the app states when you open the app that it doesn’t work anymore. How do I make this thing work?  Note I don’t have a Sim card for the phone but I have Wi-Fi.  The phone is a Samsung 8.  I want to use this watch with wheel log.  Can someone please pass on to me the procedure? Otherwise I’m going to ship this thing right back to Amazon. Thanks guys. 

Please help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...