WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

@Seba uploading a screenshot: somehow the menu dropdown breaks on chrome (last one/updated) as you can see it clips on the right end. I couldn't understand why, since it appears on top of part of the background, but I guess you'll know why since it's your webpage ;)

2019-05-09 (1).png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, George Iliev said:

@Seba uploading a screenshot: somehow the menu dropdown breaks on chrome (last one/updated) as you can see it clips on the right end. I couldn't understand why, since it appears on top of part of the background, but I guess you'll know why since it's your webpage ;)

Thank you George, I've fixed it.

• Like 1

Now you need to move the carret to the left side and switch it's direction

edit: i think it's the
#nav-link-settings
aria-haspopup value

and then
<ul class="hs-sub-menu list-unstyled u-shadow-v11 g-brd-top g-brd-primary g-brd-top-2 g-min-width-220 g-mt-minus-2" id="nav-submenu-settings--scale" aria-labelledby="nav-link--settings--scale" style="display: none;">

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 09.57.29.png

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

If it's the mega menu plugin in wordpress you can edit it's settings for it and not tamper with any core files

No, it's not based on Wordpress. It's custom built website based on Bootstrap with Unify theme. I know that 2nd level menu items are shown on the left when there is no room to show them to the right as caret signs would suggest. But as for now I consider this a minor issue, so I'll fix it later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

No, it's not based on Wordpress. It's custom built website based on Bootstrap with Unify theme. I know that 2nd level menu items are shown on the left when there is no room to show them to the right as caret signs would suggest. But as for now I consider this a minor issue, so I'll fix it later.

It is a minor issue, and sorry but you know i'm seeing things, i tend to see things that others skip, in design/code/etc :P

If you unleash me, i'll surely find a bunch of things to change based on "eye-candy", "proper code", "proper design", "responsiveness" and moooaaaarrrr :D  

• Like 1

Just now, Lefteris said:

It is a minor issue, and sorry but you know i'm seeing things, i tend to see things that others skip, in design/code/etc :P

If you unleash me, i'll surely find a bunch of things to change based on "eye-candy", "proper code", "proper design", "responsiveness" and moooaaaarrrr :D  

And this is what I like :thumbup: I'm just working now on more important features so fixing this will have to wait, but definitely needs to be fixed and look perfectly. So don't stop pointing me to bugs and even minor flaws that could be done better :)

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 9:29 PM, Seba said:

Done! :) Now https://euc.world shows kilograms of CO2 saved - total, last 24 hours and last 7 days.

Wow, I love seeing the CO2 saved on the main page! Very nice! :cheers:

This is going to be a very helpful tool for promoting the use of EUCs! I'll see if I can promote WheelLog_EUCworld among the Spanish EUC Whatsapp group I'm in. PEVs are in the spotlight in Spanish media, and several members of the Spanish EUC Association have recently given interviews for TV and newspapers; they've all mentioned (of course) the environmental benefits of using electric vehicles, but having hard data to back their claims would make quite the difference. You're doing a massive service to the PEV community! :D

And the more users switch over from the Play Store version to this one (currently only 60 users, right?), the more impressive those figures will be. Once this version is on the Play Store, the kms and emission saving figures are going to go through the roof! :D

I also added several map styles that one can change using "Settings" menu. I also made some minor but useful changes to UX.

Love being able to change map style, cheers!

Now I'm adding tour privacy editing, GPX export and possibility to delete unneeded tours.

Being able to export GPX is going to be an awesome addition! Once I can do that, Strava is going to disappear from my phone! And congratulations on the (lack of) battery drain: I don't know what kind of coding magic you've done, but I'd literally never used an app that used GPS that had such a small impact on battery life as WheelLog_EUCworld! (Strava is a massive battery hog). Impressive! :thumbup:

@Seba Updates (regarding changes from 2.0.27 to 2.0.28) below:

I thought I'd mention, on the tour front, I'm finding considerable differences between WheelLog's distance data and the GPS data on euc.world. For instance, the distance on euc.world for this tour is 9.52 km, while WheelLog is reporting 11.41. I'm guessing it's a combination of factors: my update interval was set to 15", GPS distance data doesn't take slaloming into account, or all the turns and zig-zags we make off-road to avoid rocks, etc., and Kingsong kms are a measurement unit of their own   (10-20% more than reality in my experience). I'll change the update interval (which should increase accuracy) and get back to you  This was a ridiculous point to bring up (especially when update interval was set to 15" :facepalm:). A 10-20% difference is to be expected. With the update interval at 15", it was about 17%; when I set it to 5", it went down to 13%, which makes sense: quite a few turns and slaloms can happen in 5", and as mentioned above...Kingsong is known for overblowing its mileage :efee612b4b:

On another note, the only bugs I've found so far in the app are:

• About 20% 10% of the time, when first connecting to the wheel before setting off, I get a "Connected" audio message but no data input whatsoever from the wheel (total distance, temperature, voltage, current...). But this happens about once every 5 10 times, and is solved by closing the app and reopening. Once is connected, it doesn't disconnect, so this is a very minor issue in my book (I tested 20 times, using two different methods: 10 "fresh connects", after closing and reopening the app, and switching the wheel on and off again: incidence 1/10. And 10 times only switching the wheel off, without closing the app, and letting it reconnect: also only 1/10 incidence)
  • Yesterday, for some reason, the app wouldn't let me pause my tour. No issues pausing and resuming the tour in 2.0.28
  • The "Start new segment instead of new tour" option isn't working for me. I don't know if anyone else has tried this option and can confirm whether it's a bug, or I'm the only one experiencing it (Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7.0) Forgot to test this :efef2e0fff: Remains to be confirmed
  • On yesterday's tour, at the 20 km mark, I stopped to have dinner, paused the tour and switched off the wheel. After dinner, the wheel wouldn't automatically reconnect to WheelLog (I tried switching it off and on again several times), so I had to reconnect manually using the Bluetooth icon (Note: I didn't close WheelLog at any point). This reset all trip data (distance, avg. speed, etc.). Is this normal/to be expected? It's worth noting there were no issues resuming the tour, though.
  • Small mistranslation in the tour section of euc.world: In the speed section, where it says "actual", it should say "current". "Actual" is a false friend in Spanish, and apparently, also in Polish: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:False_friends_between_English_and_Polish ///
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/actual 

On a positive note (reporting only bugs and issues isn't exactly encouraging for a developer, all the GREAT WORK needs mentioning too) :

• I tried the "Take picture" option yesterday and it worked flawlessly. They show up great on euc.world, both on the desktop and mobile version. The only thing that isn't accurate is the location where the pictures were taken. (My first thought was that I have geolocation switched off in my phone's camera settings, but when using Relive, or even taking pictures using the camera, while Strava is running, they do show up in the right location when creating a Relive video) Pictures appear in the correct location in 2.0.28, as can be seen in this tour. I love how well they integrate with the map, as well as being able to see them at the bottom of the page & open and scroll through them. Very nice!
  • Viewing WheelLog with screen locked is working perfectly on my phone.
  • Voice messages transmit perfectly to my in-helmet bluetooth headset, no configuration required. What a treat!
  • Changing update interval from 15" to 5" had no apparent effect on the phone's battery life. :D
  • Love the UI improvements!
  • Bonus positive point for WheelLog/Seba: Wanted to point out that it was great to be able to install a new version without having to uninstall the old one first, so in the new version, all my WheelLog settings are just the way I had them :thumbup:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dmitry Key said:

WheelLog 2.0.28 crashes when trying to connect to euc.world. Report attached.

wheellog.txt

+++

It happens only when GPS in turned off.

Thank you for such detailed information. Seems it's quite rare condition because normally startForeground() method is called, but I'll try to reproduce it and fix. Thanks again :)

9 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Yes! and you manage the priority for them ;) 

Sometimes I think it would be good to clone myself so I could create a small team of developers :P But while I'm alone, I have to deal with the fact that I'm only one but there's a lot of things to do :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Sometimes I think it would be good to clone myself so I could create a small team of developers :P But while I'm alone, I have to deal with the fact that I'm only one but there's a lot of things to do :)

Man, i'm so rusty and i can't even setup AS on windows with the Java elevation privs and such! :P  I may need a crash course into the app over skype or something so i can help you with anything.

On another matter, we may need to have the option to change privacy settings on a specific trip after it is recorded, for example i rode today, did some loops on a park, recorded it, forgot to change the privacy settings and i do want it to be public, but it has saved as "only with link" :'(

7 hours ago, Lefteris said:

On another matter, we may need to have the option to change privacy settings on a specific trip after it is recorded, for example i rode today, did some loops on a park, recorded it, forgot to change the privacy settings and i do want it to be public, but it has saved as "only with link" :'(

...and this is what I've been working on yesterday :) This option (and few others) will be available today evening.

• Upvote 3

@Seba Went for another test run yesterday and can confirm the following (as well as the updates marked in red in my last post):

On 5/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, travsformation said:

The "Start new segment instead of new tour" option isn't working for me. I don't know if anyone else has tried this option and can confirm whether it's a bug, or I'm the only one experiencing it (Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 7.0)

This still isn't working for me in 2.0.28. I started a tour, stopped halfway, closed WheelLog, marked the "Start new segment" option when I reopened it, and it started a new tour all the same

On 5/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, travsformation said:

On yesterday's tour, at the 20 km mark, I stopped to have dinner, paused the tour and switched off the wheel. After dinner, the wheel wouldn't automatically reconnect to WheelLog (I tried switching it off and on again several times), so I had to reconnect manually using the Bluetooth icon (Note: I didn't close WheelLog at any point). This reset all trip data (distance, avg. speed, etc.). Is this normal/to be expected?

Was able to replicate this yesterday with 2.0.28, but with auto-reconnection. Ran some errands, went for a spin, then stopped to have a beer and switched off the wheel. I didn't close WheelLog at any point. The app informed me that connection had been lost, but trip data remained. When I switched the wheel back on, it reconnected automatically but the trip data was reset. Can anyone else replicate this or confirm whether it's an isolated case? (Too bad I didn't check to see if this happened with KS firmware 1.11)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, koto said:

@Seba: I've tried to use LiveMap. Is it possible to remove a "tour" from the website ? I've recorded a useless tour and I would like to remove it.

That option is in the making:

Now I'm adding tour privacy editing, GPX export and possibility to delete unneeded tours.

:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, koto said:

@Seba: I've tried to use LiveMap. Is it possible to remove a "tour" from the website ? I've recorded a useless tour and I would like to remove it.

Yes, it's possible now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, koto said:

I can see Tours/DELETE menu now but I it does not work on the tour I want to delete

My fault, sorry - it's too late... :facepalm:  Now it should work, please let me know if everything is OK now.