WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

2 hours ago, Lord Gotham said:

Hi

Yesterday when I m looking wheellog there is many bug 

After 30km I see just km and battery but 56% looking on the graph 100%  and no move on the power.

I'm not sure but I think maybe the bug is when I put my phone on the USB for charging my phone 

Ks18l 

https://euc.world/tour/574431223520225

https://euc.world/tour/574400472466287

https://euc.world/tour/574334394326323

This happens when Bluetooth connection is lost, so no new wheel data arrives. Red dotted line is drawn on the chart between moments where connection is lost and connection is estabilished. Sadly, this is mostly phone-dependent and there is nothing I can do :( In normal circumstances, when connection will be dropped it should reconnect again within several seconds. Seems that there is some problem preventing reestabilishment of connection between phone and the wheel. I also use KS-18L and Bluetooth connection is solid almost all the time. What exact phone model do you have?

6 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Apps are nice on mobile! ;)

Now it's up to @Seba to decide !

If you both think that Slack will be the best, so let's go with Slack :) But I have to learn more about it first ;)

29 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

I saw that to late for today, but can test it tomorrow with the Z10.

One question about GPS track for EUC world: I have set the update interval on 5 seconds, but that still results in a very bad track (both tracks I uploaded today look very rudimentary).

Is it possible this has something to do with the Z10 code, or does that happen with every wheel ?   I assume it's not necessary to activate logging for that, right ?

Hmm, no, I think the problem is with GPS in your device. In fact, data update is triggered by new GPS fix (exactly in onLocationChanged() event), but no more often than a set interval. Normally, GPS fix is taken in one second intervals, so there should be no problem achieving 5 second update interval. But if for example onLocationChanged() event is fired with one minute interval, this will be also interval of updates. Of course there can also be a problem with Internet connectivity, but I saw your tours and they all looks similar. Your problem may also be linked with some power-saving features I've seen on some Huawei phones. It causes many application that relies on regular GPS updates to work erroneously. There is a nice FAQ at Endomondo support page that may be helpful with WheelLog as well:

https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/220426948-Android-Battery-Saving-Settings

27 minutes ago, Seba said:

This happens when Bluetooth connection is lost, so no new wheel data arrives. Red dotted line is drawn on the chart between moments where connection is lost and connection is estabilished. Sadly, this is mostly phone-dependent and there is nothing I can do :( In normal circumstances, when connection will be dropped it should reconnect again within several seconds. Seems that there is some problem preventing reestabilishment of connection between phone and the wheel. I also use KS-18L and Bluetooth connection is solid almost all the time. What exact phone model do you have?

Okay thank you 

I use Samsung note 8

Ps: what is your présure on the ks18l please. 

12 minutes ago, Seba said:

There is a nice FAQ at Endomondo support page that may be helpful with WheelLog as well:

https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/220426948-Android-Battery-Saving-Settings

Thanks, I'll check that (my Samsung A5 is normally quite good with GPS, I use Google Maps for driving, and the app "GPS essentials" when I sit in a plane on the window side, to track where we are exactly). I know the interval is normally 1 second, but maybe the above article sheds some light on power savings.

5 minutes ago, Lord Gotham said:

Ps: what is your présure on the ks18l please. 

You mean tire pressure? 2,4 bar is my best pressure (I'm 80 kg).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Seba said:

I've switched to standard Roboto Condensed font that should work well for all languages.

Like the clean look, the condensed should make labels easier to fit.

Wondering how you feel about Roboto Condensed Bold for all speed and all other values? Gives them a bit more weight than the labels, which seems appropriate, and a bit more heft to Roboto Condensed, which can feel spindly especially at larger sizes. 

Edited by who_the
  • Like 2

@Lord Gotham @Lefteris @palachzzz  @Seba

Hi Guys, I've got a quick update: I can confirm that in Android 8 (Api level > 26) things are changed:
https://developer.android.com/about/versions/oreo/background
That's why some receiver service like PebbleBroadcastReceiver are not working anymore in new versions of Android..
I know, THAT'S NOT A SOLUTION, BUT, in the first note of the link above you can read:

Note: By default, these restrictions only apply to apps that target Android 8.0 (API level 26) or higher.

So.. as temporary solution I've downgraded the target API level to 25 from Android Studio (File->Project Structure->Modules->app->Default config->Target SDK Version) and now Android let me play horn from my Pebble.. I will continue work in order to get things working correctly, targeting last API level, keep in mind that these restrictions can affect also other parts of the application.

Edited by mr.ks
added palachzzz mention
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Seba said:

About that as @Seba later mentions, it's all about the phone, maybe it's a combination of GSM cell towers and GPS that the signal gets lost.

5 hours ago, Seba said:

If you both think that Slack will be the best, so let's go with Slack :) But I have to learn more about it first ;)

Ok, but first things first, if "i" open the slack i'll be the super admin, if you open it up and then invite us over pm would be nice.

After that give me full perms so i can fix settings, open channels etc.

24 minutes ago, mr.ks said:

@Lord Gotham @Lefteris @palachzzz  @Seba

Hi Guys, I've got a quick update: I can confirm that in Android 8 (Api level > 26) things are changed:
https://developer.android.com/about/versions/oreo/background
That's why some receiver service like PebbleBroadcastReceiver are not working anymore in new versions of Android..
I know, THAT'S NOT A SOLUTION, BUT, in the first note of the link above you can read:

So.. as temporary solution I've downgraded the target API level to 25 from Android Studio (File->Project Structure->Modules->app->Default config->Target SDK Version) and now Android let me play horn from my Pebble.. I will continue work in order to get things working correctly, targeting last API level, keep in mind that these restrictions can affect also other parts of the application.

That is why i mention earlier that i've included the latest pebblesdk trying to figure out what is happening and it can't talk to my pebble time, so that is why it doesn't work..

Nasty thing to upgrade and break compatibility :(

I'll change target and download api 25 with all the files studio needs tomorrow.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

About that as @Seba later mentions, it's all about the phone, maybe it's a combination of GSM cell towers and GPS that the signal gets lost.

Ok, but first things first, if "i" open the slack i'll be the super admin, if you open it up and then invite us over pm would be nice.

After that give me full perms so i can fix settings, open channels etc.

That is why i mention earlier that i've included the latest pebblesdk trying to figure out what is happening and it can't talk to my pebble time, so that is why it doesn't work..

Nasty thing to upgrade and break compatibility :(

I'll change target and download api 25 with all the files studio needs tomorrow.

Yes, I also don't like when compatibilty is broken.. but maybe it was necessary from a "system maintenance" point of view.. In the same document the gave some instructions in order to migrate your app to the last rules, I will see, if we are lucky there won't be a lot of work to do..

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 9:59 PM, Seba said:

I've prepared WheelLog "alpha" version, that brings following new features:

• Bulgarian, Czech and Italian languages
  • Ninebot One S2 support

APK installer can be downloaded from https://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.26-20190430-internal.apk

This version is intended for testing of newly added translations. Kind request to the Ninebot Z users - please let me know if your wheel works as with previous version. I had to make some changes in Ninebot Z code. I hope nothing is broken, but I don't have a Ninebot Z to test so I need your confirmation. Thanks in advance.

OK, I tested today with my Z10, and Z10-wise everything looks good, values are correct as far as I can say.

But I was not able to connect to euc.world with this version, it always tells me "check your internet connection". First I thought, my API key is possibly wrong, because I typed it, but then I copy/pasted it from the web, and it still didn't work.  It's only a small thing, because the other functionality is more important for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George Iliev said:

Same as @HermanTheGerman here. Euc.world uploading is broken for me too. Quotes "No internet connection". Tried wifi on/off, mobile data, airplane mode on/off to wake it up - no dice. No scenario what-so-ever worked. Note 8 here also

Same for me....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

Same for me....

Ok, I found the culprit - it was ProGuard :angry: Seems that after latest Gradle update ProGuard started to mess with WheelLog code. I disabled ProGuard and now everything should work. I also "downgraded" target API to 25, so we can try and check if this will have any positive impact on compatibility with watches. Due to no minification APK is larger than previously, but this shouldn't be a problem.

Please upgrade to https://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.27-release.apk and let me know if everything is OK. This version should be considered stable, but I will hold with official announcement until I get your confirmation. I added basic Ninebot One S2 support, new languages, switched to Roboto font and also made some minor changes. EUC World button labels will be translated in next update.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Gotham said:

Yes it s working 

I used 2.0.27 and now my watch work 

Thank you :)

@seba I try pressure 2.8 but it's really hard 

Now I try 2.7 maybe I reduce as your

Really, try reducing to 2.5 bar. You won't regret :) It's perfectly safe for the tyre, will eliminate bouncing and your wheel will be much easier to control.

32 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Yep 2.0.27 works for me too with my Gear S2! Thank you!

Just need to work out how to get an 'API key' now. Will have a read up on the thread :)

It's simple. If you already have an account on https://euc.world just sign in and you'll find API key in your account settings (in top menu). If you don't have an account, sign up :)

59 minutes ago, Lord Gotham said:

Yes it's really good

Now I just need a button on my watch to dring 

I'm glad it worked and many thanks to @mr.ks for his suggestion about downgrading target API :cheers: 

But who can manage the wheellog on Samsung galaxy store. 

Unfortunately, Gear app is made by independent developer, so it's totally out of my scope. Anyway, I'm happy that we got newest WheelLog working with Tizen app again :)

Today I just did a short test ride.  Everything works fine again, only the upload to EUC world looks like it sends a trackpoint only every minute or so, therefore the tracks look unnatural.

Because I see that others have good tracks, I think, the problem is my smartphone, for whatever reason.  I tried several settings, also put wheellog in the powersave-exception list, but nothing helped.

However, this doesn't matter, the app is great, I don't want to miss it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Today I just did a short test ride.  Everything works fine again, only the upload to EUC world looks like it sends a trackpoint only every minute or so, therefore the tracks look unnatural.

Because I see that others have good tracks, I think, the problem is my smartphone, for whatever reason.  I tried several settings, also put wheellog in the powersave-exception list, but nothing helped.

However, this doesn't matter, the app is great, I don't want to miss it.

Would you remind me what is your phone model and exact Android version?