WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

After checking out the translation in the app I did few updates and I have few notes:

We really need the new font. Some czech letters like ě, ů are not displayed correctly.

I didn't find where to translate:

1. the buttons for Live map control (Pause, photo, share)
  2. graph legend (current, speed)
  3. Show when locked settings

Live map seems broken in this test version (claims there is no internet when there is)

6NaMcuA.jpg7QrkPSC.jpgcQVwKno.jpgColnwvX.jpg

As always great work! Do you celebrate labor day in Poland as well? I was celebrating you :D:D 

wheellog-czech.zip

Edited by andress

We've been chatting around on facebook with @Seba, but Im posting here also, as I have some feature requests, and propositions, I though could interest you guys also, so there it is:

Ok, been playing around with ideas and WheelLog. 

Amazing piece of software, great and verbose logging (if you manage to get tilt/roll reading fixed and logged that would be astounding).

Couple of features I've been thinking for:

1. Wear OS support - thats crucial IMHO. It's probably even bigger feature than new in-app features. Wear OS companion app, that has the following abilities:

1.1. When started on watch, it runs wheellog on connected phone. WheelLog auto-connects to wheel and starts logging.

1.2. Wear OS app displays: remaining battery (outer diameter ring) in percents

1.3. Current speed - digits in center - large.

1.4. Average speed - digits below,

1.5. Max speed - digits above.

1.6. Ability to choose which speed is displayed with the biggest numbers (i.e. - when hurrying for somewhere you might be interested in top speed or current speed, but on a longer run average is key)

1.7. Lower right corner - remaining distance estimate

1.8. Somewhere next to 1.7. - distance travelled on that charge or total mileage (ability to choose which trough settings) 

One slide to the right reveals live-map features with big play, pause, stop buttons. And that's it. Only 2 or 3 buttons. 

When I run my daily activities 99% of the time I don't turn on the software on phone as it is clunky and slow to do so. Then something happens, and I kick myself why haven't I logged it. I want to track my rides to euc.wold, but I only remember it after I finish riding because of phone.

I imagine mapping my custom button on the watch to run WheelLog. Omg. Click, and bam! My speed, battery, remaining mileage, and ability to track my run immediately, in a click of a single physical button on my watch, right there on my wrist. No pulling phones out with wrist guards, no eyes off the road while fishing for phone in your pants. Amazing.

Which brings me to my main request:

I downloaded android studio but sadly - I suck at it, so coding the wear os app won't be my forte. What I can do though, is develop the whole ui and ux for the wear os app, and build it graphically. I also have a wear os watch, which I can use for testing of the ui and proposed framework. If you're up to it @Seba, I'll donate you a 100€ for you to get a wear os device second hand (Huawei watch 2 is great(est) bang for the buck currently IMHO - I've had most of the wear os watches) which you can later sell or keep. I'd send you my watch, but I use it daily for work and really depend on it...

I advise you to look to a snapdragon 2100 chip, as that one is the most widespread one, and also serves as a base for the next-gen one - 3100, so it'll be compatible with virtually any current wear os device. 

I'm also encouraging every other enthusiast here, that uses WheelLog, to donate whatever sum to Seba, (link is somewhare above, its located inside euc.wold website, I think it was something  like /supportme subdomain) as without him we would've been nowhere. Maybe commit to some small amount (1-5€) monthly, PayPal gives that option. To us, its nothing, but it'll pay the hosting that keeps euc.wold live, and if 20 people make it, then it's a substantial sum that will keep Seba motivated to make all of our lives that much better with an amazing software or wear os app (which I personally CRAVE). 

• Like 2

I"m in the same train with android studio, i'm making some changes to gradle build settings now to include pebblekit sdk so it will get more access to pebble watches, cause i own a pebble, but as i said, when i upgrade to a wear os watch, my pebble is for @Seba to use! :P

I think we may need a Telegram or Slack group to coordinate our efforts instead of posting endlessly here..

If you think we need one, i'm right on it! ;)

• Upvote 1

Facebook chat or group is also good enough. We used slack in two of my companies, but in the end we moved to messenger. It's easier than having one more app on your phone. 

I'm in, I'll start developing ui/ux next days I get off. 

• Like 1

It's just that messenger is not that good with integrations. Anyway.. @Seba add us both, or more devs if you have, on a group in Messenger.

------------------------------------------------

I've changed fonts yesterday with one Google Fonts "Fira Sans" that supports all languages and special characters, it's like Roboto, somewhat condensed, looks good, i'll test by changing some strings to add è é ê ë ē ė ę and more like that, build and test and report back with results.

If you have specific characters to test, please share theme here

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andress said:

We really need the new font. Some czech letters like ě, ů are not displayed correctly.

I've switched to standard Roboto Condensed font that should work well for all languages. What do you think about this?

Screenshot_20190502-094148.thumb.png.4fb71f893f461d64a14130390fc887c2.png

I didn't find where to translate:

1. the buttons for Live map control (Pause, photo, share)
  2. graph legend (current, speed)
  3. Show when locked settings
  1. Buttons are SVG vector graphics, so there are two options. Create separate graphics set for each language or remove labels and use symbols only.
  2. Thank you for pointing me to these two small labels, I've missed them :)
  3. Yes, these two labels was missing in ZIP archive.

Live map seems broken in this test version (claims there is no internet when there is)

Would you try again? Maybe there was some temporary problem with Internet connectivity (not necessarily on your side). I didn't touched anything that is linked to live map connectivity. And tested by my side and it works.

10 hours ago, andress said:

as always great work! Do you celebrate labor day in Poland as well? I was celebrating you :D:D 

Yes :D And because tomorrow we're celebrating 3 May Constitution Day, we also have a public holiday. What is more, many companies (mine for example) are making 2nd of May a day off so that employees may have a longer weekend. So now I have a weekend from yesterday!!! Continuous five days of unlimited sleep time!!! :w00t2:Unfortunately the weather is lousy...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

It's just that messenger is not that good with integrations. Anyway.. @Seba add us both, or more devs if you have, on a group in Messenger.

Maybe a closed discussion group on Facebook would be good? I have bad experiences with collaboration on Messenger group. Ueasy for important things to get lost and soon the whole conversation turns into mess. Discussion group allows some king of threading what makes easy to look back for older posts. Or maybe there are even better alternatives? Having a fully featured server I can host something.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I've changed fonts yesterday with one Google Fonts "Fira Sans" that supports all languages and special characters, it's like Roboto, somewhat condensed, looks good, i'll test by changing some strings to add è é ê ë ē ė ę and more like that, build and test and report back with results.

If you have specific characters to test, please share theme here

What do you think about this? Default Android Roboto Condensed font:

Screenshot_20190502-101327.thumb.png.bcb35e03bfa4b4e143d0cf342489827f.png

• Like 1

@andress, @George Iliev, @Lefteris, @fabio70mi - may I ask you to translate these two sentences below? I'll just copy & paste them from here, it will be easier and quicker. They has been added after I prepared ZIP file, so this is why they're left untranslated. This is setting that allows WheelLog to be available without needing to unlock device. So if you just turn on your phone when this option is checked, WheelLog window is "over" the lock screen.

Show when locked

Show main window even if the screen is locked

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seba said:

Maybe a closed discussion group on Facebook would be good? I have bad experiences with collaboration on Messenger group. Ueasy for important things to get lost and soon the whole conversation turns into mess. Discussion group allows some king of threading what makes easy to look back for older posts. Or maybe there are even better alternatives? Having a fully featured server I can host something.

I dislike facebook groups cause each discussion tends to go up and facebook notifies whenever it likes people that even follow posts or people..

I suggest to setup a small developer forum over at euc.world, i can help with that, the easy/fast can be an smf (simplemachinesforum). But i do like a Slack cause of the different rooms and interactions with other apps (bridges) like calendars, group voice "if" needed and more.. it's so modular! It really is built around the needs of people like us!!!!

17 minutes ago, Seba said:

@andress, @George Iliev, @Lefteris, @fabio70mi - may I ask you to translate these two sentences below? I'll just copy & paste them from here, it will be easier and quicker. They has been added after I prepared ZIP file, so this is why they're left untranslated. This is setting that allows WheelLog to be available without needing to unlock device. So if you just turn on your phone when this option is checked, WheelLog window is "over" the lock screen.

Show when locked

en_US = Show when locked
el_GR = Εμφάνιση σε κλείδωμα

en_US = Show main window even if the screen is locked
el_GR = Να εμφανίζεται το παράθυρο της εφαρμογής εάν η συσκευή είναι κλειδωμένη

The second is correct as a phrase, but longer cause of Greeks like explain things better :P

52 minutes ago, Seba said:

What do you think about this? Default Android Roboto Condensed font:

Screenshot_20190502-101327.thumb.png.bcb35e03bfa4b4e143d0cf342489827f.png

I love Roboto, i've also systemlessly patched my rooted s7 edge on pie with a magisk module the replaces system font with Roboto Condensed, it's the best font!!!

I'd like for you to try Fira Sans i mentioned earlier, but i'm ok with Roboto!

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I've switched to standard Roboto Condensed font that should work well for all languages. What do you think about this?

1. Buttons are SVG vector graphics, so there are two options. Create separate graphics set for each language or remove labels and use symbols only.
  2. Thank you for pointing me to these two small labels, I've missed them :)
  3. Yes, these two labels was missing in ZIP archive.

Maybe we make different versions of the buttons for each language!?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grattounet said:

@Seba   bonjour, petite question! sur la partie tracé GPS est-ce que la carte doit s'afficher? ou c'est juste qu'il faut mettre en route le démarrage? 

image.thumb.png.7b96448b7e88ab83ea628fb4fae7cecb.png

LANGUAGE

English (and as "lingua franca") is the language used in this forum. If you cannot express what you want to say in English then use Google Translate first and paste the translated message into your topic or replies. This is better than having the majority of our members having to do it individually to read your message.

Non-English language discussions are allowed in the "Local Group Meet Ups" section where there are threads specifically for different native languages of different countries or régions.

• Upvote 3

en_US = Show when locked
en_BG = Показвай и при заключен екран.

en_BG = Показвай основния екран дори когато телефона е заключен

________

en_US = Show when locked
en_RU = Показать когда заблокирован

en_RU = Показ
ывай главное окно, даже если экран заблокирован

PS: I'll pass the Russian language files to you as soon as I finish them - they're almost ready, so I guess that weekend they'll be finished in var1. 
I could try to brush up on my German also, but I wouldn't trust myself. I see we have a native Italian in the fold also, so it will be just Bulgarian and Russian for me :)

@Lefteris I'm all game for a forum. This is by far the best solution imho also. I also have a couple of hostings, both with cpanels, so I can make a swift install of a .. idk phpbb? Been out of the forum game for a while, dunno what's the current go-to platform :D

• Like 1

Just now, George Iliev said:

[...]

@Lefteris I'm all game for a forum. This is by far the best solution imho also. I also have a couple of hostings, both with cpanels, so I can make a swift install of a .. idk phpbb? Been out of the forum game for a while, dunno what's the current go-to platform :D

Phpbb is bad cause it's not as modular, smf is simple to setup and easy to use, plus it has an epic amount of modules! About hosting i've got a dedi, a shared hosting, but i think @Seba can open up a subform e.g. dev.euc.world or euc.world/dev/ but still.. i prefer Slack cause better, faster, has interactions with other services and is built for our kind of needs!

If we put a vote on it, i say go with Slack, and i volunteer to set it up, channels descriptions google calendar bridge and other extra interactions. Plus IFTTT for when we need something automated ;)

1 minute ago, George Iliev said:

OK, slack it is. It makes no difference in the end of the day i guess :) It's one more tab on my browser either way ;) 

Apps are nice on mobile! ;)

Now it's up to @Seba to decide !

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Show when locked

EN - Show when locked

CZ - Zobrazit při zamčení

EN - Show main window even if the screen is locked

CZ - Zobrazit hlavní údaje i při zamčené obrazovce

4 hours ago, Seba said:

Would you try again? Maybe there was some temporary problem with Internet connectivity (not necessarily on your side). I didn't touched anything that is linked to live map connectivity. And tested by my side and it works.

I tried again to no avail. I uninstalled the alpha language version and installed standard 2.0.26-release and it worked again. When I installed the alpha it stopped working again. I have Huawei P20 Pro, Android 9

PS. I like Roboto font

4 hours ago, Seba said:

Show when locked

IT - Mostra con schermo bloccato

IT - Mostra schermata principale anche quando lo schermo è bloccato

please, also update
 <string name="duration_fmt_hr_and_min">%d ore e %d minuti</string>

another thing, this morning I tried speech messages. They are nice and useful, but speed spoken as "10 km slash h" is not nice. I would prefer   "10 at hour" ("10 all'ora" in italian),  or only 10, to be more shortened and faster. What do you think ?
"at hour" should be translatable

Edited by fabio70mi
small changes
  • Like 2

Hi

Some time there is a cut in my information 

I don't know if it's a bug or i halt the wheel 

Yesterday when I m looking wheellog there is many bug 

After 30km I see just km and battery but 56% looking on the graph 100%  and no move on the power.

I'm not sure but I think maybe the bug is when I put my phone on the USB for charging my phone 

Ks18l 

https://euc.world/tour/574431223520225

https://euc.world/tour/574400472466287

https://euc.world/tour/574334394326323

On 4/30/2019 at 9:59 PM, Seba said:

I've prepared WheelLog "alpha" version, that brings following new features:

• Bulgarian, Czech and Italian languages
  • Ninebot One S2 support

APK installer can be downloaded from https://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.26-20190430-internal.apk

This version is intended for testing of newly added translations. Kind request to the Ninebot Z users - please let me know if your wheel works as with previous version. I had to make some changes in Ninebot Z code. I hope nothing is broken, but I don't have a Ninebot Z to test so I need your confirmation. Thanks in advance.

I saw that to late for today, but can test it tomorrow with the Z10.

One question about GPS track for EUC world: I have set the update interval on 5 seconds, but that still results in a very bad track (both tracks I uploaded today look very rudimentary).

Is it possible this has something to do with the Z10 code, or does that happen with every wheel ?   I assume it's not necessary to activate logging for that, right ?

BTW, you have paypal number ?   This app definitely deserves some financial support, it became great meanwhile.

Edited by HermanTheGerman
  • Like 2