WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

13 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.4:

Added:
- Gotway MCM ratio (14" wheel with controller for 16" gives wrong speed, distance, total, etc, now you can use corrected values)
- Alarm pop-up 
Fixed:
- "Avg Riding Speed" -> "Avg Riding"
- Ride Time and Avg Riding Speed calculation (not sure)

WheelLog_17092017.apk

Hi @palachzzz, wow, you are quite fast, even on the weekend !

However, sorry for being picky, but you seem to take care a lot about the app, therefore I'm also testing intensively: :)

The ride time seems to be correct now, but calculating the "Avg Riding" there seems still to be a small glitch somewhere.

It does not appear incorrect during usual riding cycles where speed is as one would expect for an EUC ride, but when rolling the wheel around at speeds below 2 km/h, gives still a wrong result for avg riding, therefore one cannot rely on that the value is correct during normal riding.

See the extreme sample below, where I turned everything on from zero, and rolled the wheel around below and slightly above 2 km/h. Ride time is correct approx. only one second above 2 km/h, but Avg Riding shows 18 km/h.

Avg Riding also increases, as long as wheel rolls below 2 km/h, and decreases (which is correct) when wheel is rolled slightly above 2 km/h.

To me it looks like as Ride Time is correctly and only recalculated when speed is above 2 km/h, but Avg Riding is also calculated when speed is below 2 km/h, and therefore the latter value is wrong.

I hope this helps. 

And last but not least a big thankyou for your efforts, I'll reactivate my Paypal account on thursday, because this turns more and more into a quite professional app with nice features for many wheels.

wheellog.jpg.e8871c55981efc7ec6fbb0f89afd99fb.jpg

Edited by Asylsteirer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, julio_map said:

About the SmartWatch Tizen support.

It includes Samsung Gear Sx models (S, S2 and S3)

I have developed using a Samsung Gear S, so I am only sure that it works for this model. But I have tested the screens of other models (round screens) with success.

I have only tested the screens so maybe something else fails. Anyway, it is Javascript, so it should be easy to correct.

Screen-20170916195627.png.4fb2c22e009dc1d20ade55481a1511af.png

This is a sample of what is seen on my square screen... The actual speed, the percentage of battery left, and the distance. Both speed and distance in WheelLog units.

For me, the most important element is the battery left, since I have an Inmotion V5 with a small battery.

The screen remains active all the time (maybe in future versions I understand that it is not needed)

I am afraid that Samsung is not very friendly to install programs out of their store... and in order to install de app, you have to obtain two certificates, a developer certificate and a distributor certificate, which is only valid for YOUR device. So installation from the sources is not an easy process.https://github.com/juliomap/WheelLog-Tizen

To avoid that process, I am trying to upload the application into Gear store. I have submitted the app for approval, and am awaiting for confirmation.

As soon as it is confirmed I will report on this thread.

Thank you for your job. I don't have a smartwatch but anyway if I have one, I think I'll be more interested in alarming aspects so I would prefer read the motherboard temperature instead of "distance"

• Upvote 1

@Asylsteirer, yes, the problem is - you did 5 meters of distance with speed below 2 km\h, and exceed 2km\h only for one second :)

The calculation formula is: Distance/Ride time, the Ride Time only counts if speed above 2 km\h, but distance calculated always, so yes, if you will ride below 2 km/h for a long distance avg won't be relevant. But in real world with real riding, distance error don't exceed several meters, and Avg error will not appreciable. It isn't easy to calculate distance at speed below 2km/h, because it is not more then 0.5 meters per second. I don't want to calculate it :rolleyes:

My today's ride:

Screenshot_20170918-093157.png.3ef3a9f677e4e35a7afb2f434ea72dde.png

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

@Asylsteirer, yes, the problem is - you did 5 meters of distance with speed below 2 km\h, and exceed 2km\h only for one second :)

The calculation formula is: Distance/Ride time, the Ride Time only counts if speed above 2 km\h, but distance calculated always, so yes, if you will ride below 2 km/h for a long distance avg won't be relevant. But in real world with real riding, distance error don't exceed several meters, and Avg error will not appreciable. It isn't easy to calculate distance at speed below 2km/h, because it is not more then 0.5 meters per second. I don't want to calculate it :rolleyes:

After thinking twice, I must say .....

....hmm, you are right.

That's bad, because I like it to be right all the time (my wife can tell you). :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EricGhost said:

I've the wheellog 1.8.0 for my ks16b on LG G4 android 6.0 this new one wheellog is compatible?

Yes, it works great, I can only recommend it!

Download it here:

On 17.9.2017 at 8:38 PM, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.4:

Added:
- Gotway MCM ratio (14" wheel with controller for 16" gives wrong speed, distance, total, etc, now you can use corrected values)
- Alarm pop-up 
Fixed:
- "Avg Riding Speed" -> "Avg Riding"
- Ride Time and Avg Riding Speed calculation (not sure)

WheelLog_17092017.apk

But before you install it, you must manually uninstall the old one. Keep the old installation file in case you have troubles (I don't know LG phones).

• Upvote 1

On 16.9.2017 at 5:08 PM, palachzzz said:

Samsung Tizen SmartWatch support

Do you think someone may be able to add "normal" Android Wear support, such that the majority of smart watches could be used? Both Pebble and Tizen are proprietary systems. Not to say they shouldn't be supported, but Android Wear would probably be good to have as well, since there is a large choice of different hardware manufacturers building devices. According to Google, it should be easy to adapt existing apps to support such devices.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, koto said:

@palachzzz: I've tested the alarm popup today but I saw nothing. I probably don't know how to activate them. I set speed alarm at some value, when I reach this speed, my smartphone vibrates but I saw no alarm popup. What I'm doing wrong ?

Nothing - that is the alarm isn't it ?! Or have I been missing some setting somewhere ? The only ones I can find are available by swiping right off the home screen.

Edited by Cerbera

8 hours ago, koto said:

@palachzzz: I've tested the alarm popup today but I saw nothing. I probably don't know how to activate them. I set speed alarm at some value, when I reach this speed, my smartphone vibrates but I saw no alarm popup. What I'm doing wrong ?

You should set battery percent for speed alarm. If you would like to have it always - just set 100%

21 hours ago, Asylsteirer said:

Yes, it works great, I can only recommend it!

Download it here:

But before you install it, you must manually uninstall the old one. Keep the old installation file in case you have troubles (I don't know LG phones).

Thx it's done. How do I connect to an android smart watch?

I just use the Bluetooth or I need to install something on the watch ?

thx for support

Edited by EricGhost

1 hour ago, palachzzz said:

You should set battery percent for speed alarm. If you would like to have it always - just set 100%

In fact everything work just fine. I didn't see that the alarm popup is at the bottom of the screen. I saw it today . I just need to open my eyes :D. I saw temperature alarm (set to 40 degree) and speed alarm. @palachzzz may I suggest you to choose a specific background color per alarm type for the popup window. I think this would be more efficient but if there is a reason for not doing that perhaps can you increase the size of the text font in the popup window. It is too small on my galaxy S4. While riding it is  dangerous to spend few seconds reading  the screen.

thank you.

Edited by koto

1 hour ago, EricGhost said:

thx for support

You need to install something on the watch

I have just failed my first intent to publish de app for the watch in Gear apps.

Installing from the sources is a little big complex. As a last resort, I would explain how it is done.

Give me one week. (at least).

1 minute ago, julio_map said:

You need to install something on the watch

I have just failed my first intent to publish de app for the watch in Gear apps.

Installing from the sources is a little big complex. As a last resort, I would explain how it is done.

Give me one week. (at least).

Maybe I read bad.

Not valid for android watches, only Peeble and Tizen watches.

13 hours ago, koto said:

I think this would be more efficient but if there is a reason for not doing that perhaps can you increase the size of the text font in the popup window. It is too small on my galaxy S4. While riding it is  dangerous to spend few seconds reading  the screen.

I think it's generally dangerous to look at the phone when you're riding. I added pop-ups just to distinguish alarms from each other. In addition, during the speed alarm - the speed digits turn red

Edited by palachzzz

13 hours ago, EricGhost said:

thx for support

You can install Wheellog on an Android Smartwatch directly. But the homescreen has currently not the best layout for a watch, it is prepared for smartphones.

But try it, and you'll see if you are happy with it.

Because of very bad weather around here, and time constraints on my side,  today I was for the first time able to do a medium run with the new wheellog version.

Thanks again to @palachzzz to continue the development!

It is now my main app, because it has everything I need, the screens display very useful statistics which are not found in the vendor apps, I can manage many settings of my wheel, and of course there is still the logging function.

I just like it a lot, thanks !

new_wheellog.jpg.6b29e62634688d014e66168813b98c3e.jpg

Edited by Asylsteirer
typo
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Asylsteirer said:

Because of very bad weather around here, and time constraints on my side,  today I was for the first time able to do a medium run with the new wheellog version.

Thanks again to @palachzzz to continue the development!

It is now my main app, because it has everything I need, the screens display all necessary infos, there are very useful statistics which are not found in the vendor apps, and of course there is still the logging function.

I just like it a lot, thanks !

new_wheellog.jpg.6b29e62634688d014e66168813b98c3e.jpg

I agree. I've been using the later version and it's fantastic. The ability to control my Gotway and KingSong wheels and monitor their status all within the same app is amazing.

:thumbup: :cheers:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, palachzzz said:

I think it's generally dangerous to look at the phone when you're riding. I added pop-ups just to distinguish alarms from each other. In addition, during the speed alarm - the speed digits turn red

Yes, alarm-popups you added are a good idea but we need to read the text with small font to see what alarm has beed raised. That's why I suggested the use of a bigger font or the change of the  the popup window's background color in order to spend less time looking at the phone.

Edited by koto