WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

2 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Unfortunately, the application does not show the actual parameters of Gotway, because Gotway does not allow to get it. The App saves your last settings, and If you do not use other applications - then it should always to be relevant, otherwise - no.

@palachzzz, Do you save the last settings per wheel or the last settings of the last wheel you configured with the app ?

Edited by koto

56 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

@koto, last wheel, I'm not sure how many people use App with several wheels.. 

oh yes, we do use it with several wheels! Thanks, @palachzzz for you invaluable continuing developments and improvements.

Yesterday I successfully connected and used it with Gotway Mten3, after several unsuccessful attempts to connect to Mten3 using the Gotway app.

5 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Unfortunately, the application does not show the actual parameters of Gotway, because Gotway does not allow to get it. The App saves your last settings, and If you do not use other applications - then it should always to be relevant, otherwise - no.

Yes, up to 50 in menu, but will it applyed or not - depends on controller's limitations. 

Yes, please use it on your own risk!

Thanks for the clarification. Still a brilliant upgrade to Wheelog because it allows me to do everything within the app.

P.s. Since I have multiple Gotway wheels, I guess retaining the settings aren't useful - maybe even confusing.

Edited by Marty Backe

10 minutes ago, Dancer said:

Calibration does not work on my ACM V1 820Wh. All the rest works super. Thanks again.

Mmmm, I haven't tried calibration... neither on on msuper3 nor ACM :-( The next feature to test for me...

I liked the app before you added settings; now it's even better.  So far I've used on acm and mcm4; I've not yet tried in on my ks16b nor v5f+.

Request: I'd very much like a digit after the decimal point for speeds >=10, i.e. NN.N.

Btw: Do you take donations?

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

P.s. Since I have multiple Gotway wheels, I guess retaining the settings aren't useful - maybe even confusing.

Retaining the settings using the Bluetooth number or a unique reference number would be very useful, there will be no mix of settings between the wheels. Thanks you @palachzzz for your work and sharing it with us.

• Like 1

On 14.09.2017 at 10:51 AM, duaner said:

Request: I'd very much like a digit after the decimal point for speeds >=10, i.e. NN.N.

There are not enough space for three digits, and it will fluctuate to fast, I'm not sure that it is a good idea.

On 14.09.2017 at 10:51 AM, duaner said:

Btw: Do you take donations?

You can find info in my profile (about me)

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.3:

Added:
- Samsung Tizen SmartWatch support, App for Watch here, thanks @julio_map, who made it! 
- Two average speed, one for whole time, and one with speed above 2 km/h
- Power is removed from main screen, now Avg Riding Speed there.
- "Ride time" now counts only when speed above 2 km/h, old "Ride Time" moved to "Journey Time"
- User Distance multiwheel support (assigned to Bluethooth Mac address)
Fixed:
- KingSong Light switch
- Some minor fixes

WheelLog_16092017.apk

Unfortunately I saw that to late for my evening ride, but I hope I can try it tomorrow.

Just great, if all that is there now - it will be my ultimate and only wheel app then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.3:

Added:
- Samsung Tizen SmartWatch support, App for Watch here, thanks @julio_map, who made it! 
- Two average speed, one for whole time, and one with speed above 2 km/h
- Power is removed from main screen, now Avg Riding Speed there.
- "Ride time" now counts only when speed above 2 km/h, old "Ride Time" moved to "Journey Time"
- User Distance multiwheel support (assigned to Bluethooth Mac address)
Fixed:
- KingSong Light switch
- Some minor fixes

WheelLog_16092017.apk

I couldn't resist and took the wheel out for a short ride in the dark. :)

There must be something wrong with the calculation of the "average riding speed", it is way to low, especially if it counts only above 2km/h. It is even lower than the avg speed of the KS app, which counts the whole time, also the standstills.

I verified that at home, turning everything off and on again, and let the wheel run in a circle around me with approx 6 km/h for 10 seconds.  The KS app showed this 6 km/h, and counted down slowly after the standstill, but Wheellog showed 1.04 km/h (an average below 2 km/h should not be possible if only speeds above 2 km/h count).

Now I'm dizzy from the circle run and must go to bed.:D

Edited by Asylsteirer

9 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.3:

Added:

Now this is a treat :)!

But how does it work? I installed the zip file onto a Gear S2 via Tizen Studio and the basic initial screen (title, speed, battery, distance) came up on the watch but it did not connect to my Samsung S5 by either WiFi or Bluetooth, nor did it connect to the wheels (KS16b, KS16S).

What am I doing wrong :confused1:?

Also a suggestion: the new parameter string "Avg Riding Speed" is too long, maybe better "Avg Speed"? - However, honestly, I prefer to see Power instead of Avg Speed, it tells you more about the current state of the machine rather than Avg Speed. Maybe even redesigning the whole 1st screen into a grid with more values ... ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Asylsteirer said:

There must be something wrong with the calculation of the "average riding speed", it is way to low, especially if it counts only above 2km/h. It is even lower than the avg speed of the KS app, which counts the whole time, also the standstills.

If you can replay this, please tell me Ride Time, Distance and Avg riding speed at that moment. I tried it several times, it was ok. Also there are "Avg Speed" on the second tab, it should work same as KS app avg speed.

8 hours ago, RenaissanceMan said:

Also a suggestion: the new parameter string "Avg Riding Speed" is too long, maybe better "Avg Speed"?

There are already exist "Avg Speed" on the second tab (it is for whole time). If you have another suggestion about shorter "Avg Riding Speed", I would change it. 

What am I doing wrong :confused1:?

Try to start watch app first. Actualy I haven't Samsung Gear to test it. We should ask @julio_map, about it.

I prefer to see Power instead of Avg Speed

I had doubts about removing power from main screen, because I knew that someone would not like it. But in my opinion, there are no cases when this information would be helpfull, except first try ) Actualy if you want to know more about currents and power of your EUC in different situation - logs would be more helpfull

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, palachzzz said:

If you can replay this, please tell me Ride Time, Distance and Avg riding speed at that moment. I tried it several times, it was ok. Also there are "Avg Speed" on the second tab, it should work same as KS app avg speed.

I'll try, and send screenshots.

There are already exist "Avg Speed" on the second tab (it is for whole time). If you have another suggestion about shorter "Avg Riding Speed", I would change it.

I agree with @RenaissanceMan that "Avg Riding Speed" is to long, maybe "Avg RSpeed" or even better "Avg Riding" is enough, because the km/h make it clear what "Avg Riding" means.

I had doubts about removing power from main screen, because I knew that someone would not like it. But in my opinion, there are no cases when this information would be helpfull, except first try ) Actualy if you want to know more about currents and power of your EUC in different situation - logs would be more helpfull

I agree. And on the second screen, all parameters can be seen during riding, if necessary.

Edited by Asylsteirer

2 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Don't need more. I got the same problem)

ok.

But I send one, because I also have a question (Btw, average riding is not only below 2 km/h here, but also lower than avg speed, which should be per definitionem not possible).

A question: What is the difference between Distance, Wheel distance and User distance ?

Is one of these measured by GPS ?  In that case this could only be user distance, because the below was measured inside with no GPS reception.

But I want to avoid guessing, therefore my question. :)

wheellog1.jpg.40b9161d6e4b481f27278dfcfe541875.jpg

@Asylsteirer

17 minutes ago, Asylsteirer said:

Btw, average riding is not only below 2 km/h here, but also lower than avg speed, which should be per definitionem not possible

Yes, but the real problem is Ride Time (that should count only at speed >2 km/h), and cannot be more then "Journey Time" (but it is more on screenshot), I'm working to fix it.

GPS distance you can find only in logs, in colomn "Location Distance", it will exist only if you turn on "Use GPS for Location" in Log Settings. 

Regarding other distance you can find description here

• Upvote 1

Version 2.0.4:

Added:
- Gotway MCM ratio (14" wheel with controller for 16" gives wrong speed, distance, total, etc, now you can use corrected values)
- Alarm pop-up 
Fixed:
- "Avg Riding Speed" -> "Avg Riding"
- Ride Time and Avg Riding Speed calculation (not sure)

WheelLog_17092017.apk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

About the SmartWatch Tizen support.

It includes Samsung Gear Sx models (S, S2 and S3)

I have developed using a Samsung Gear S, so I am only sure that it works for this model. But I have tested the screens of other models (round screens) with success.

I have only tested the screens so maybe something else fails. Anyway, it is Javascript, so it should be easy to correct.

Screen-20170916195627.png.4fb2c22e009dc1d20ade55481a1511af.png

This is a sample of what is seen on my square screen... The actual speed, the percentage of battery left, and the distance. Both speed and distance in WheelLog units.

For me, the most important element is the battery left, since I have an Inmotion V5 with a small battery.

The screen remains active all the time (maybe in future versions I understand that it is not needed)

I am afraid that Samsung is not very friendly to install programs out of their store... and in order to install de app, you have to obtain two certificates, a developer certificate and a distributor certificate, which is only valid for YOUR device. So installation from the sources is not an easy process.https://github.com/juliomap/WheelLog-Tizen

To avoid that process, I am trying to upload the application into Gear store. I have submitted the app for approval, and am awaiting for confirmation.

As soon as it is confirmed I will report on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2