WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

I'm not really sure, but I'd assume it's the Max Speed setting

Can't figure out the downvote. Did you steal somebody's candy? I added some green color to your post being Christmas is near.:)

3 hours ago, palachzzz said:

I am pleased to bring to your attention the WheelLog's log visualizer. This is a third-party service that is created by a member of the Russian community @wellsky
You can see how it works on my log with Z10. You can click on some point on the track to see details at that moment. 

image.png.454153742b2775d410549fda21e0dbf0.png

Example: https://electro.club/map/3000

You can visualize your own logs, but make sure that you use "Log Location" and "Use GPS for location" WheelLog's options. If your track is displayed incorrectly - keep in mind that some phones have power saving settings that turn off GPS after a while after turning off the screen.

Link: https://electro.club/wheellog

Now active work is underway on the functional, so various changes may occur.

Very cool :cheers:

On 11/8/2018 at 12:20 PM, palachzzz said:

I tried it by myself. I rode about 3500km with unlocked 35km/h, and I never fell down at a speed of more than 22 km/h,
My usual ride to my job on V8 (1050Wh battery, but I also use it with stock battery for about 700km, without fail). V8 has another adaptive (depending on battery voltage) limiter, so don't worry about other people who unlocked it. 
sxvn7s.png

And the best Avr speed result: 

umk9ya.png

Does the limiter actuation reported on bluetooth? And/Or do you have more info about it?

12 hours ago, André Barbosa said:

Does the limiter actuation reported on bluetooth? And/Or do you have more info about it?

It reported on bluetooth only when you exceed this limit, you can see such info in logs in "alarm" colomn as "Tiltback, speed XX at limit YY", 

Finally tried out my Pebble Watch/Wheel Log combo on my Z10 and it looks to work great! 

However, when I try to set the Alarm Settings for speed, temperature, current, etc. I'm unable to see the values for the slider bars like I see in the screen shots. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using WheelLog with a Z10 on an Android Phone. 

It's making it kind of hard to set the alarms properly, I had to guess where to move the slider and trigger it over and over to get the speed alarm to trigger at ~25 mph. Temperature and current seem like they'll be much harder without a value display :(  

Am I missing something that I need to do to display the values for the sliders?Screenshot_20181118-160915.thumb.png.e073b69fbe722e5eb714cabec74edf6b.png

Screenshot_20181118-160845.png

39 minutes ago, GaperMaster said:

Finally tried out my Pebble Watch/Wheel Log combo on my Z10 and it looks to work great! 

However, when I try to set the Alarm Settings for speed, temperature, current, etc. I'm unable to see the values for the slider bars like I see in the screen shots. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using WheelLog with a Z10 on an Android Phone. 

It's making it kind of hard to set the alarms properly, I had to guess where to move the slider and trigger it over and over to get the speed alarm to trigger at ~25 mph. Temperature and current seem like they'll be much harder without a value display :(  

Am I missing something that I need to do to display the values for the sliders?Screenshot_20181118-160915.thumb.png.e073b69fbe722e5eb714cabec74edf6b.png

Screenshot_20181118-160845.png

When I click on any of the WheelLog settings I get a popup that allows me to enter a number. So don't use the sliders, use the popup dialog.

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When I click on any of the WheelLog settings I get a popup that allows me to enter a number. So don't use the sliders, use the popup dialog.

Hey Marty,

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't even click on the number that allowed the pop-up to come up. I just figured it out though. Atleast for my phone, I had to turn it to landscape mode in order to gain access to the alarm values (numbers). Otherwise, it just showed what you see in my screenshots above and I couldn't see or click anything. So if you are having trouble seeing values for your alarm settings, just turn your phone sideways :P. Such a simple solution, but gave me hours of headache to figure it out! Hope this saves others from wasting as much time as me. 

Does anyone have any suggested limits to set for temperature and current on a Z10? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GaperMaster said:

Hey Marty,

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't even click on the number that allowed the pop-up to come up. I just figured it out though. Atleast for my phone, I had to turn it to landscape mode in order to gain access to the alarm values (numbers). Otherwise, it just showed what you see in my screenshots above and I couldn't see or click anything. So if you are having trouble seeing values for your alarm settings, just turn your phone sideways :P. Such a simple solution, but gave me hours of headache to figure it out! Hope this saves others from wasting as much time as me. 

Does anyone have any suggested limits to set for temperature and current on a Z10? 

Good that you figured it out. Guess I'm luck in that my phone works in portrait mode :)

For me, I don't use the alarms with the Z10 since I'm never pushing the wheel to the extent that I need to worry about anything.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:29 AM, palachzzz said:

It reported on bluetooth only when you exceed this limit, you can see such info in logs in "alarm" colomn as "Tiltback, speed XX at limit YY", 

I sifted through the logs and with that info I was able to find the code flow regarding the detections of such alarms. I then implemented some modifications to the Wheelog app, within the existing alarm code structure, to implement the InMotion specific alarms.  As some of you may or may not know, InMotion wheels have some hardcoded overload alarms (based on a current, voltage, speed, angle function) that are transmitted through the bluetooth connection when they are fired. My patch sifts through then and presents the user with an audible alarm if it so chooses to enable it in the preferences tab.

That new feature is quite usefull if you, like myself, enjoy riding while listening to music with headphones.

@palachzzz I`ve made the pull request, of course feel free to request code corrections.

https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid/pull/6

imontion alarms.jpeg

• Like 1

@palachzzz

As you have noticed our concerns with firmware modding tools, we'd prefer to have whellog in the "Mods & DIY" section, as it offers the possibility to alter wheels settings (including some settings on some wheels not really intended by the manufacturer)

Just as clarification - this shall in no way be any kind of cristisicm, I appreciate very much your work and the great app you provide to the EUC community!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear wheellog developers, can you explain us the reason why calibration does not work with wheellog (on gotways for my concern). The new gotway app available on android play store is a nightmare on my old samsung galaxy S4. The only thing I cannot do with wheellog is calibration. It would be nice if it could work.

11 minutes ago, koto said:

Dear wheellog developers, can you explain us the reason why calibration does not work with wheellog (on gotways for my concern). The new gotway app available on android play store is a nightmare on my old samsung galaxy S4. The only thing I cannot do with wheellog is calibration. It would be nice if it could work.

Why don't you use the 2-year old non-social version of the Gotway app. Still works great for me :)

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Why don't you use the 2-year old non-social version of the Gotway app. Still works great for me :)

I still have this old version and I'll use it like you :-) but it would be nice if wheelLog could do everything.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, koto said:

Actually I don't know why it doesn't work. WheelLog do exactly the same as Gotway app, but it doesn't work. I haven't gotway wheel, that's why I can't go deeper in this problem. 

I'm a computer science engineer but not an android developper. What can i do to help you  explore furthermore ? What do you need for that purpose ? I don''t if I can help.

Edited by koto

Hello all, happy new owner of a Glide 3 here! I have been trying to use the 35km/h limit in order to travel at 30 km/h consistently but so far I have not been able to get it to work. First I tried using Darknessbot to change the setting, later, without trying the wheel first I installed Wheellog which reported my limit set at 34, just as Darknessbot. Inmotion app also reports the same speed limit but I always get tilt up and alarm at around 28km/h, even at 99% charge. I have tried moving it around on with no luck. The Darkness bot app I used from my Ipad so I did not ride with that connected on the background but WL ran from my phone and was connected all the time while alarms sound and tilt happened at 27 even when set to do it at 34

According to the Inmotion app, I am at the latest available firmware (I dont have it on hand but I will get it tonight) In Solowheel app... well, we all know how that goes...

Am I missing something? Any ideas are very welcome!

PS Alarms on both WL And DB are disabled so I know that the alarm and tilt comes from the wheel itself

Edited by JyYyM
PS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JyYyM said:

Hello all, happy new owner of a Glide 3 here! I have been trying to use the 35km/h limit in order to travel at 30 km/h consistently but so far I have not been able to get it to work. First I tried using Darknessbot to change the setting, later, without trying the wheel first I installed Wheellog which reported my limit set at 34, just as Darknessbot. Inmotion app also reports the same speed limit but I always get tilt up and alarm at around 28km/h, even at 99% charge. I have tried moving it around on with no luck. The Darkness bot app I used from my Ipad so I did not ride with that connected on the background but WL ran from my phone and was connected all the time while alarms sound and tilt happened at 27 even when set to do it at 34

According to the Inmotion app, I am at the latest available firmware (I dont have it on hand but I will get it tonight) In Solowheel app... well, we all know how that goes...

Am I missing something? Any ideas are very welcome!

PS Alarms on both WL And DB are disabled so I know that the alarm and tilt comes from the wheel itself

I understand the desire to go fast, but frankly I think you're pushing your luck by exceeding the design constraints built into the wheel. The V8 is a fun wheel within its delivered speed envelop. There's still plenty of fun to be had with the V8.

If you want to ride faster I would strongly encourage you to buy a wheel that is designed for higher speeds and has the reserve power (and battery) to operate safely at those higher speeds.

KingSong and Gotway make such wheels.

• Like 1

Thanks for the concern, the issue is that the top speed of the wheel is 30km/h which is what I am looking to achieve, as everyone knows, with the factory alarm and tilt starting at 27 km/h riding at 30km/h is unsafe because of the tilt, therefore if I could make the setting work, I would set it to tilt up at 30 or 31 km/h which, within reason, would allow to ride comfortably at 30km/h. Im not looking to force the wheel riding at 35km/h at all.

• Like 1

I found the same thing with mine.    The app changes (other than the original app setting from 25 out to 30) made no difference to top speed on mine either.

Max's out at just under 30 usually,   but I do see peaks of 30 on the logs.    The tilt back seems to vary depending on terrain,  battery level  and inclination (no doubt also my weight).   I'm assuming its working on a percentage left "in the tank" to allow for balance corrections etc.    

• Like 1

Hey there, yes i noticed that too, what I find strange is that I did read several posts of folks that were able to go past that and ride steadily at 30 or more... still wondering what is preventing it on ours....

Hopefully someone that figured it out reads this and helps out.

Thanks @palachzzz, yeah, I do suspect that may be the case, not sure there would be some way around that if that's the culprit, other than change the board for a V8 board. I think the Solowheel firmware is based on a previous version which didn't allow the speed adjustment.

Edited by JyYyM

Mine's a genuine V8 afaik.   I did set the max from 25 up to 30 in the original inmotion app.   No changes in WheelLog made any difference to that top speed afai've seen,  and that seems to be a peak rather than max cruising speed.    I never lean hard into it when I'm already going 20-25 (made that mistake and found out the hard way its a bad idea) but I've never gotten mine to 30 by conscious accelerating.  I've seen it on the logs but I assume that's due to getting a bit of down hill help while cruising at 25.

Maybe those who's seen an increase to 30+ cruising speed after adjustments in WheelLog could post their firmware versions?