WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

39 minutes ago, Gubbe said:

But there's already a WheelLog on the Play store, you say? Yes there is, and it was, as I understand it, put there by the projects original developer @JumpMaster. The same person presumably owns the Trademark to the name WheelLog

I'm absolutely unure about this, but i think there was a "preversion" which @JumpMaster took over long time ago? Maybe @esaj started this first version or he knows who or if at all?

I'm also very confident that @JumpMaster will hand over the wheellog playstore ownership (if possible and feasable) or remove it if some active developer ( @palachzzz) asks him...

Edited by Chriull
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I'm absolutely unure about this, but i think there was a "preversion" which @JumpMaster took over long time ago? Maybe @esaj started this first version or he knows who or if at all?

I'm also very confident that @JumpMaster will hand over the wheellog playstore ownership (if possible and feasable) or remove it if some active developer ( @palachzzz) asks him...

I have (to my knowledge) nothing to do with Wheellog, unless JumpMaster or whoever started the project used Wheelemetrics as a base. I don't think he/she did, as Wheelemetrics only supported the older Gotways and King Songs (pre-2016 or so models) with BlueTooth 2.0, all the newer wheels use BlueTooth 4.0 Low Energy, which works differently. Wheelemetrics was never in Play Store, only as source code and pre-build APK in GitHub (the pre-built APK is also available in the forum downloads).

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Gubbe said:

No, but in absence of any other license granting right to modification and distribution, it is illegal to do so by default.

Honestly, I would just like to see one thing:

a recent wheellog (or however you want to call it) released on the play store, do we don't have to dig through this thread to find out if a new version is released and where to download it.

Interesting thread. I hope to see the future updates on GitHub soon again.

As a suggestion for a new feature: Allow the user to keep the display on (of course, disabled by default).

If I wear one of those wristbands where people put their smartphone while jogging and get info about it, I'd like to see the wheellog app without needing to unlock the phone as well.

Thanks for your work!

I for one would encourage a new project in the Play Store, and may be able to facilitate this myself if there are no other takers. I'm relatively inexperienced in the scene of App Store management but where there's a will...

As for a fork name, has anyone any thoughts?

"WheelLog" is a good short simple sounding name that we have all grown to identify with. For this reason I've been trying to think of something similar in nature and so far the best I've been able to come up with has been "Uni.Dash", as in a Dashboard for (electric) Unicycles.

Has anyone any other thoughts for a new name for the project?

Edited by Slartibartfast

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I for one would encourage a new project in the Play Store, and may be able to facilitate this myself if there are no other takers. I'm relatively inexperienced in the scene of App Store management but where there's a will...

As for a fork name, has anyone any thoughts?

"WheelLog" is a good short simple sounding name that we have all grown to identify with. For this reason I've been trying to think of something similar in nature and so far the best I've been able to come up with has been "Uni.Dash", as in a Dashboard for (electric) Unicycles.

I think @palachzzz have done a good job with WheelLog, and hopefully he will continue to do so. I agree that a new project in the Play store sounds like a good idea (rather than trying to get ownerships and rights passed, etc.), but I think the best thing would be for him to create and manage that. Should he for some reason choose to cease development of WheelLog things would be different, but in my opinion it's now best to wait for him and see what he says.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Nobody needs to ask me about it, everyone can do with the WheelLog what they think is necessary

Well, that is the good thing about the license. Nonetheless, good development and project management doesn't happen by itself just because the code is open. I, and I'm sure sure many with me, want your version of WheelLog and would like to see that continued. Hopefully you will do so?

On 8/31/2018 at 10:45 AM, palachzzz said:

I wrote about my decision earlier:

So, as I did most of things that make it possible to be WheelLog relevant in this year, I think it's a good time to stop for me.
I will be happy if someone will continue the work, and probably I will take part in such new fork using pull requests.

Will you then make your latest version available, preferably with some explicit licensing added to your repo as well?

Ninebot Z10 Version Not Useful For Other Wheels

It's great that we have a version that works with the Z10, but this last version breaks features for Gotway. The battery level for my Gotway wheels is inaccurate to a degree that makes it useless for many situations. And the ability to control the wheel is now missing.

So I need to figure out if there are any utilities that will allow me to easily switch versions based on the wheel I'm riding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

It's great that we have a version that works with the Z10, but this last version breaks features for Gotway. The battery level for my Gotway wheels is inaccurate to a degree that makes it useless for many situations. And the ability to control the wheel is now missing.

So I need to figure out if there are any utilities that will allow me to easily switch versions based on the wheel I'm riding.

Read this and one page further:

3 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Read this and one page further:

I guess we can agree to disagree regarding the inaccurate battery levels from Gotway. What I do know is that Gotway wheels will start beeping at 15-percent battery under load. With this most recent version, WheelLog will say I"m at ~15-percent (no beeping from the wheel), yet the Gotway app will tell me that the battery level is at 25%. Based on my extensive range testing and experience with these wheels, the Gotway numbers are accurate in the real-world.

I've been riding Gotway wheels for 2-years, and I feel very dialed into how accurate their reported battery levels are. WheelLog just doesn't cut it anymore, for me. If WheelLog is telling me that my battery is at 10-percent, I better damn well be hearing the low battery under load alarm out of the wheel. I'm not.

Hey, that's OK. I have the older version of WheelLog that gives me good battery levels and allows me to control the wheel, and I have the recent version that I can use with the Z10. I'll just switch the version that I'm using based on my wheel.

Thanks again for the Z10 version!

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Version 2.0.14 below

I noticed the same thing. Tiltback does not work for gotway tesla any more. No beep confirm and does not matter how i set it, it will not activate (old setting was deactivated meaning that one is kept/unchanged)

I also noticed the app says 95-97% battery after a full night charge (green led on charger). Could of course be that my battery is worn (1200km) but i hope that its the app if marty also sees issues at low levels :-)

Thanks for the great work, the new "about" is really useful when reporting bugs like theese  :-)

will revert to the old version and see if the battery is reported different there, i hope so :-) othwerwise the batteries in the tesla are of horrible quality

Edited by Boogieman

On 8/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Maybe...

EucLog

Or

EucLogAndSet (as it controls as well) can skip the "And" if too long

Or

EucLogCtrl (alternative)

Shorter and directly aimed at the most common word for electrical uni cycles (as this forum lol).

Edited by Boogieman

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Version 2.0.14 below

I also noticed the app says 95-97% battery after a full night charge (green led on charger). Could of course be that my battery is worn (1200km) but i hope that its the app if marty also sees issues at low levels :-)

Check the voltage Under WheelLog, The voltage measured by the motherboard is not very accurate.

In my MS3, i have a difference of 2 V between the motherboard and a voltmeter.

WheelLog calculates the% from the voltage, but if the measurement is wrong...

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I guess we can agree to disagree regarding the inaccurate battery levels from Gotway. What I do know is that Gotway wheels will start beeping at 15-percent battery under load. With this most recent version, WheelLog will say I"m at ~15-percent (no beeping from the wheel), yet the Gotway app will tell me that the battery level is at 25%. Based on my extensive range testing and experience with these wheels, the Gotway numbers are accurate in the real-world.

I've been riding Gotway wheels for 2-years, and I feel very dialed into how accurate their reported battery levels are. WheelLog just doesn't cut it anymore, for me. If WheelLog is telling me that my battery is at 10-percent, I better damn well be hearing the low battery under load alarm out of the wheel. I'm not.

Hey, that's OK. I have the older version of WheelLog that gives me good battery levels and allows me to control the wheel, and I have the recent version that I can use with the Z10. I'll just switch the version that I'm using based on my wheel.

Thanks again for the Z10 version!

Your so in-tune with the range on your wheels it seems that it would not really matter if the voltage was off if the mileage numbers were accurate. I am guessing that somewhat based on how hard you were riding that day and the conditions, you Know what you have left and how much more mileage you should be able to go... this is of course that there is no problems with anything and all is normal...?? :)

8 minutes ago, Bobjai69 said:

Just bought a used Inmotion V8, went to Play store, downloaded the app, but wouldn't connect to the machine..am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Yes - the app in the playstore is historic. The new versions are found here linked in this topic.

48 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Yes - the app in the playstore is historic. The new versions are found here linked in this topic.

You don't happen to have a link do you? No wonder it wasn't working on the Sony zx2 ..

On 8/20/2018 at 3:34 AM, palachzzz said:

Dreams come true, especially when you yourself are involved in their implementation :)

Version 2.0.15:
- Ninebot Z series support, without wheel settings control yet, only reading metrics.

Each user of Ninebot Z & WheelLog must say thanks to @Lukasz, thanks to the cooperation with him it became possible. He collected all the necessary data (which was also used to add Ninebot Z support to DarknessBot), and tested more than 20 alpha builds of the WheelLog :)

WheelLog_20082018_2.0.15.apk

• Like 2