WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

19 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Main problem is - inaccurate voltage meter in wheel's controllers, it may be wrong on +-1-2V.. I expected such problem, but I think that if someone can't see 100% it is still better than such discharging graph (my V8), where I rode ~8 km on 100%, and last 3-5% isn't usable at all:

Seems that the manufacturers introduced this "100 charge %" threshold to not get customers complaints with their unreliable chargers and voltage measurements... ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

image.png.5902f81d5aca3cddb0a94fe2dd00cca8.png

I found this table %-V.

In my case "- Charger unplugged after end of charge, voltage is 83,11 V: WheelLog 97%" = 4.15V by cell : so the 97% from WheelLog seem OK

It seems to confirm the remark of @Chriull "Seems that the manufacturers introduced this "100 charge %" threshold to not get customers complaints with their unreliable chargers and voltage measurements... "

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Seems that the manufacturers introduced this "100 charge %" threshold to not get customers complaints with their unreliable chargers and voltage measurements... ;)

Absolutely exactly coincides with my opinion
100% by KS = 4.125V per cell
100% by INMO = 4.125V per cell
100% by GW = 4.1125V per cell

Now WheelLog uses 4.175V per cell as 100%.

Such inaccurate measurements are "normal" throughout all of the EUCs?

This problem is actual for most of models.

I've switched from wheellog 1.0.11 to 1.0.14 and something works wrong. For exame, when I change pedal mode I do not hear a bip  even if the change is committed on the wheel. It's confusing. The worst thing is about tilt-back setting since I cannot change the tilt-back. I've experienced the same thing on two smartphones.

Has anybody else experienced the same thing ? Is it a bug ? What am I doing wrong ?

Edited by koto

FeedBack to Version 2.0.14:

Wonderful release @palachzzz :thumbup:.

Only one small step in the version number but SO MANY IMPROVEMENTS. Since this version came out I'm dancing on the roofs. :clap3:

I deleted the bloated constantly crashing Inmotion (Cr-)app from my smartphone. All I used it for was to start this (Cr-)app at the end of a route in order to see the total km. As I am happy with my firmware (1.1.6) - apart from overheat alarms triggered for no apparent reason (e.g. when riding < 30km/h on flat terrain!) - I finally deinstalled this (Cr-)app!

I also love the new formulas for calculating battery percentages and recalibrated my Charge Doctor. :D

Many thanks and greetings from Germany. The only improvement that would have me jump even higher would be being able to trigger the on-board V10F horn with the Pebble watch... 

BTW: It took me a while to find your PayPal donation link. My suggestion is to include this link in the WheelLog app within the Settings in the "About WheelLog" form (that's where I looked first!).Then users like me don't have to search the web and then maybe even give up while doing so...

9 hours ago, Gunthor said:

FeedBack to Version 2.0.14:

I cant get this update to install on any of my Android phones that have Wheellog already installed. Not on my Blackberry priv with android 6 or my Motorolla using android 8.

This seems odd since WheelLog is already installed on these phones and all I am doing is trying to update them. Yes I have allowed 3rd party apps in both the ways necessary for both the phones using different Android os. Any suggestions @palachzzz ?

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

I cant get this update to install on any of my Android phones that have Wheellog already installed. Not on my Blackberry priv with android 6 or my Motorolla using android 8.

This seems odd since WheelLog is already installed on these phones and all I am doing is trying to update them. Yes I have allowed 3rd party apps in both the ways necessary for both the phones using different Android os. Any suggestions @palachzzz ?

have you tried uninstalling the previous version first

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

have you tried uninstalling the previous version first

Thank you very much, that did the trick on the Blackberry and the Moto. I never know if an Update will re install the app so I never think of it. I like the WheelLog interface much more for easy viewing. 

Will be donating to yer efforts soon. Thanks @palachzzz for always taking the initiative. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2018 at 4:08 AM, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.14:

- Fixed incorrect Total distance on V10 / V10F with firmware 2.2.8
- Fixed most bugs in the Inmotion protocol, fixed the effect "App does not connect to the wheel in some cases, some wheels were not connected at all (because of specific serial number)"
- Fixed work with Inmotion control, now everything is turned on / off / changed from the first try.
- Adaptive Inmotion polling speed, data updates as quickly as it possible for phone and EUC without stuck.
- Fixed column names in logs (temperature)
- After the application is closed, it now completely stops and frees memory (previously it consume ~30 Mb of RAM after close)
- New formulas for calculating battery percents for all wheels except KS-18L (it was in previous updates). Formulas of stock applications were used before, therefore most often the readings coincided with that, but in general they were far from the truth. In general, it will show less than before for all wheels, Kingsong will be the most different (because they have the most lying formula), at Gotway - medium (lying at the top, you could ride 100% without losing percents), Inmotion - also medium (lying at the top, it also possible to travel 100% lossless). The best moment to measure % is - immediately after a stop. Inmotion (except V10 / V10F) can also be measured during driving (feature of controllers). These formulas are likely to be further adjusted.

WheelLog_07082018_2.0.14.apk

Running 4.4.2 android. Have enabled downloading /installation of Apps from unknown sources in the security settings menu.  Have 8 GB free.  Get to page and click download.  Screen clears momentarily. Then window closes and nothing loads, back to download link. Am I missing something obvious?   After trying multiple times, I gave up and downloaded the one on this site, then it asked me if I wanted to update, I now have 1.8.0 installed?

Edited by Thai-lad

24 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I tried it with firefox and it worked fine. Maybe try to email the link to yourself and install it from google drive. Or try to rename it WheelLog 2-14.apk and save it as in your downloads file folder.

Thanks. That worked. :clap3: Downloaded the file to the PC, mailed it to myself, then installed from Google drive.

Edited by Thai-lad

On 8/13/2018 at 11:34 PM, palachzzz said:

Inmotion shows true battery current, instead of Gotway, which shows motor phase current, which could be so far from real battery current.. I think your 90A spikes, was at about zero speed,  when the motor current is the most distant from battery current

I looked at my logs. I don't know if i should call them spikes, it's more like wild fluctuations or bouncing around that hit 90A once in a while, but still somewhat relative to how much power I'm actually using. At zero speed, the MCM5 is still bouncing around wildly but in the lower levels. And the other thing is whether uphills or braking downhill, MCM5 never shows negatives. Monitoring gotway numbers is definitely a learning curve, a simple one, but still a bit of learning involved.

4 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I looked at my logs. I don't know if i should call them spikes, it's more like wild fluctuations or bouncing around that hit 90A once in a while, but still somewhat relative to how much power I'm actually using. At zero speed, the MCM5 is still bouncing around wildly but in the lower levels. And the other thing is whether uphills or braking downhill, MCM5 never shows negatives. Monitoring gotway numbers is definitely a learning curve, a simple one, but still a bit of learning involved.

As far as my experience goes on GW wheels and wheellog....the negatives are shown on the graph...but they appear as positive.

• Like 1

@palachzzz: I don't know if anybody else has noticed something similar as what i will describe below about battery capacity measure with wheellog but it is a littre bit disturbing. Today wih my Msuper3 820Wh 67V, wheellog shows that I have 58% of battery but when I look behind the wheel, 4/5 LEDs are still on. It is natural to think that i should have 60-80% of battery (even if i don't know exactlu how it is configured by gotway). Before it has been changed (If I'm right) in wheellog it ddn't disturbed me but now  wheellog measure and gotway LEDs are not consistent in my view.

Before these changes, at the end of a charge wheellog says the battery is charge at 100% Now it says 95% Perhaps it's right but the inconsistency against gotway LEDs is confusing.

Before these last changes, if I see that 30% of battery remains and I use a charge doctor (configured to stop charging when the current is lower than 0.03A) with my Msuper3 I could guess the Wh value I might see on charge doctor at the end of the charge. 820Wh x 0.7 = 574Wh. At the end of the charge the result is often close to the result of this method. Now, the value I see on the charge doctor at the end of the charging process is significantly lower than what I'm waiting for.

How should I use efficiently wheellog battery level  measure ?

5 minutes ago, Nicolas Kerspern said:

What is the wrong?

Please check post above - Ninebot Z series support, without wheel settings control yet, only reading metrics.

palachzzz made great job creating this version! BIG thank you to him - and he did it without the direct access to Ninebot Z!  

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicolas Kerspern said:

At this version, I cannot set auto upload on Google drive after my account selected, it make unset automatically...

This option has never worked for me, either in the original version from the market, or in my builds, the reason is probably changed API by google. I will remove this option from the menu in next version.

• Upvote 2