WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

On 8/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, stephen said:

if you go to the wheel log app (swipe right) there's a setting in there to use horn and you can select Bluetooth speaker or kingsong  it's in watch settings on the wheel log app ? 

Yes, I've read about the "Swipe Right" caper everyone keeps talking about these days (:p) but unfortunately it doesn't seem to do much for me.

By "Swipe Right" I assume you mean drag the main screen across to the LEFT such that the next screen to the RIGHT is revealed yeah? For me this is a screen showing a whole heap of statistics including "Speed", "Top Speed", "Avg Speed", etc. but I can't find a settings option on there. Swiping again reveals a live graph showing speed and power. Swiping the other way has no effect.

Note I'm using version 2.0.8 as I seem to be unable to download the latest version. Well, I can download it but as soon as the download completes it keeps saying "parse error" and disappears again. I haven't looked into it extensively yet though.

I’m not sure if it’s only me having this issue, but version 2.0.13 shows my ACM2 as a 67v wheel as opposed to an 84v wheel. Everything else works, like percentage, wattage, amp draw, etc. I noticed the app shows voltage correctly on other new 84v Gotway wheels like the MSX, so I’m wondering if this is an issue for other ACM2 users, or just me. 

9 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I’m not sure if it’s only me having this issue, but version 2.0.13 shows my ACM2 as a 67v wheel as opposed to an 84v wheel. Everything else works, like percentage, wattage, amp draw, etc. I noticed the app shows voltage correctly on other new 84v Gotway wheels like the MSX, so I’m wondering if this is an issue for other ACM2 users, or just me. 

I never look at the voltage. I'm intrigued why so many people care about the voltage level. The battery level is always accurate and what I care about. Over the years I've never looked at the voltage. I must be missing some important use-case scenario :confused1: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

@Nick McCutcheon you need to set 84v option in menu (swipe from left border of screen to right, Wheel Settings -> Voltage)

@Slartibartfast, swipe from left border of screen :

Ah, I’ve never checked the wheel settings menu since I’ve never had a need to. I’ll change the setting later today when I go on a ride.

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I never look at the voltage. I'm intrigued why so many people care about the voltage level. The battery level is always accurate and what I care about. Over the years I've never looked at the voltage. I must be missing some important use-case scenario :confused1: 

It really doesn’t matter too much. My reasons for making that comment are 

1) To make sure that on the slight off chance that it’s a real issue instead of me just being dumb (this is another case of the latter), it’s brought to the dev’s attention 

2) I’m a bit of a perfectionist and get annoyed when something’s just a bit off :rolleyes:

I’m sure there’s other reasons that some may have, but I’m not sure what they are as those two are my only reasons. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Just sweep from top left part of the screen to the right..

Arr, I see.

I actually had to place my finger off the lefthand edge of the screen and drag it across the bezel onto the glass for the menu to show. Simply starting on the left side of the display itself wasn't enough.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Fixed work with Inmotion control, now everything is turned on / off / changed from the first try

I hope that the next wheel You will add communication with will be Ninebot Z10...  

5 hours ago, Lukasz said:

I hope that the next wheel You will add communication with will be Ninebot Z10...  

I do not have Z10, moreover, there are only a few of them in Russia (actually Z6), brought directly from China, and none of them in Moscow. As far as I know, the first batch from our dealer is expected in the end of September or later. So I can not add his support at this time.
If someone already has it, and he wants to see Z10 support in WheelLog, then he needs to PM me, But it won't be very fast, because WheelLog haven't general Ninebot support.

6 hours ago, palachzzz said:

If someone already has it, and he wants to see Z10 support in WheelLog, then he needs to PM me

Hi, I have PMailed You. 

I have Z10 , and I have rooted Android  6 phone (Galaxy Note 4), laptop with BT,  and I am willing to cooperate. I have also one friend with Z10 around for additional tests.

You can see some of my threads/posts in Ninebot thread - regarding front lamp mod or quick charging mod,  I would really like to ask You for help with WheelLog communication. I  can try to sniff what is communicated on BT...   Let me know how to sniff and I will provide the data it to you.    I can of course test alfa / beta version and provide feedback to You.   I have separate rooted android 6 phone available for that task, and some experience - I am not the programmer myself but I build and maintain PC and systems since IBM XT/AT times. 

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@palachzzz

Nice work on the new update. I wanted to provide feedback on the voltage output. It seems very accurate so far. After several full drain/charge cycles that I monitored using a Charge Doctor and PC I calculated and then set my CD to charge to 85% of cell capacity (this is 85% of the full 480Wh capacity and so includes the 60Wh of capacity we cannot use as it is below minimum InMotion shutdown voltage). Usually this results in a reading of 100% in Wheelog/Inmotion apps post charge as the cells were abovew 82.5V (InMotion 100% value). After applying the Wheellog update I noticed that this morning's reading after charge (and a 30 minute rest period) was 88%. This is much more in line with my calculated cutoff amount and therefore much more accurate. The extra few percent shown in wheellog can be directly attributed to the fact that I'm sure you rightfully ignore the unusable capacity that I accounted for.

Also, probably related to the adaptive sample speed, my phone (OnePlus 5T) was quite hot when I got to work this morning (Wheellog generally doesn't heat my phone up). I'm guessing WheelLog is working it harder. I didn't notice significant battery drain but where there is heat there is power draw. Maybe the adaptive sample rate should be an option so that people on long rides do not end up with a depleated battery in the phones. 

Great work!

With 2.0.15 version and my GW MS3 1600 (2000)

- Charger plugged and end of charge, voltage is 84 V: WheelLog 99%
- Charger unplugged after end of charge, voltage is 83,11 V: WheelLog 97%

So displaying 100% no longer seems possible.

8 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

When the ewheels fast charger stops charging my ACM2 1600 with the cutoff dial at 90%, it says 80.4 V but wheellog says 83% and 79ish V. This is also on the newest version.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

When the ewheels fast charger stops charging my ACM2 1600 with the cutoff dial at 90%, it says 80.4 V but wheellog says 83% and 79ish V. This is also on the newest version.

My EWheels fast charger (1st generation) will not charge to 100-percent. I need to use a Gotway charger it I want to truly top off the battery. I consider that a defect with the charger. I don't know if @Jason McNeil ever had his supplier fix this.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My EWheels fast charger (1st generation) will not charge to 100-percent. I need to use a Gotway charger it I want to truly top off the battery. I consider that a defect with the charger. I don't know if @Jason McNeil ever had his supplier fix this.

Nahe @Marty Backe It is a hidden feature, so you don't run of from home too long. 

It is a wife-feature. ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

Both voltage values are from the same measurement point (wheellog) and quite immedeately before and after unplugging? 

You could try to leave the charger plugged in longer and test if the voltage difference gets less.

But some voltage drop after charging is normal - do you remember how much it was in the beginning?

If this voltage drop gets bigger over time, it could be a sign of cells getting unbalanced...

Normally 84V should be 100% (4,2V per cell) - or was this the voltage displayed at the charger and not by wheellog?

29 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

The charger measures the voltage at his ooutput, which goes to the BMS. This has some overcharge protection circuitry before the battery. Wheellog shows the voltage reported from the wheel, which measures at the battety output.

The protection circuitry causes some voltage sag. 

Could theoretically also be some innacurate voltage measuring from the charger and/or the wheel. But as far as i remember GW and the chargers normally have no innacurate voltage measurements?

How is the voltage difference with a full charge? Imo with a 90% charge there is still more current flowing and so causing higher differences between the in- and the output?

12 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Also, probably related to the adaptive sample speed, my phone (OnePlus 5T) was quite hot when I got to work this morning

Hmm.. I ride today my usual trip (~ 50 min), and now I checked WheelLog batery consumpion - 2%, pretty close to previous versions. It can't make phone hot with such battery consumption. 
But yes, adaptive sample rate makes little bit more operations at back-end.

2 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Which voltage WheelLog shows at this conditions?
Main problem is - inaccurate voltage meter in wheel's controllers, it may be wrong on +-1-2V.. I expected such problem, but I think that if someone can't see 100% it is still better than such discharging graph (my V8), where I rode ~8 km on 100%, and last 3-5% isn't usable at all:
left vertical axis - remaining mileage in km
right vertical axis - remaining percents
horizontal axis - samples (time)
red line - percents
green line - remaining mileage in km
below the bottom blue line - blinking red battery meter.
wttq0l.png

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

The charger measures the voltage at his ooutput, which goes to the BMS. This has some overcharge protection circuitry before the battery. Wheellog shows the voltage reported from the wheel, which measures at the battety output.

The protection circuitry causes some voltage sag. 

Also in some wheels there are protection diode in the charge input, which normal voltage sag is 0.6V

Edited by palachzzz

36 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

I use a SATIATOR charger,

Seems to be a very nice charger!

36 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

so it's 84V when I test WheelLog with the charger plugged.

As charge % is calculated from the voltage the wheel reports, 84V reported by the wheel should lead to 100% charge shown.

From a short glimpse on the wheellog sources on github (latest version from May 12) every voltage above 82.25V should show 100%...

3 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Main problem is - inaccurate voltage meter in wheel's controllers, it can be wrong on +-1-2V..

Wow - i thought just some of the KS14?C? had the prob of voltage meters beeing off...

Such inaccurate measurements are "normal" throughout all of the EUCs?