Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's the Luffy, not the Mten3

The photo is of the Luffy, but at the top it says Luffy and M10.  Kind of misleadiing to me that they didn't show the new M10.  Anyway, probably in France you could find one.  You could call them and they might know where to get one in europe, if they don't have it.

Edited by steve454

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The photo is of the Luffy, but at the top it says Luffy and M10.  Kind of misleadiing to me that they didn't show the new M10.  Anyway, probably in France you could find one.

The only online shop in France that talked about it said they will beta test the wheel themselves first before putting it up for sale on the 15th of October.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

The only online shop in France that talked about it said they will beta test the wheel themselves first before putting it up for sale on the 15th of October.

Oh wow, that's a long time.  Maybe Aliexpress is the fastest way.  I just checked speeyfeet, wheelgo,  and banggood, no luck.  Sorry, I thought that since people have gotten them in the US already, that some distributor in Europe would have them in stock by now.

Edited by steve454

http://www.eroue.fr/produit/gotway-mten-3/

Date de sortie et réservation de votre Mten 3 84V 325wh

La production des premiers modèles de la Gotway Tesla a été officellement lancée le 15 Aout 2017 par le Fabricant. La désormais habituelle phase de test de ce nouveau modèle par l’importateur Gotway France débutera fin août et les premiers Tesla seront disponibles à la vente le 15 octobre 2017 chez votre revendeur Eroue. Vous pouvez dès à présent sélectionner ce produit sur notre site pour déposer une option de réservation gratuite et être informé au fil de l’eau des nouveautés et retours d’expérience sur ce nouveau Produit.

Sorry for the French :p.

And I think they just copy-pasted what they put in the Gotway Tesla product sheet.

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

http://www.eroue.fr/produit/gotway-mten-3/

Date de sortie et réservation de votre Mten 3 84V 325wh

La production des premiers modèles de la Gotway Tesla a été officellement lancée le 15 Aout 2017 par le Fabricant. La désormais habituelle phase de test de ce nouveau modèle par l’importateur Gotway France débutera fin août et les premiers Tesla seront disponibles à la vente le 15 octobre 2017 chez votre revendeur Eroue. Vous pouvez dès à présent sélectionner ce produit sur notre site pour déposer une option de réservation gratuite et être informé au fil de l’eau des nouveautés et retours d’expérience sur ce nouveau Produit.

Sorry for the French :p.

And I think they just copy-pasted what they put in the Gotway Tesla product sheet.

Looks like the price went back up to $950.  

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Freeshipping-IPS-T260-T350-260WH-350WH-electric-unicycle-tanks-speed-upgrade-30KM-H-Battery-life-30/1908673_32454877639.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.3f2576c9Z4EdlZ

That's the Luffy, not the Mten3

The photo is of the Luffy, but at the top it says Luffy and M10.  Kind of misleadiing to me that they didn't show the new M10.  Anyway, probably in France you could find one.

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

After watching the video, aren't those 5 white lights on the front battery level indicators?  They stayed constant and were not part of the rotating multicolored light.  I was cool how the brake light would come on and immediately stop the rotating lights.  

Yes, the are. But sometimes they stay fully lit when the wheel is not in motion and I know the batteries are partially charged. So I haven't fully figured out what triggers the battery display.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

@Marty Backe the tire looks fatter than the luffy. did u happen to notice the tire load capacity of the tire on the mten?

Yes, this it not the Luffy. Wider tire, bigger motor, larger batteries, etc.

I have not looked at the tire. It handles my weight (170 pounds) just fine.

Being my Mten3 is arriving Tuesday I was going to sell Luffy on EBay. The sale price for Luffy has definitely dropped significantly. Only $299! For that price I'm going to keep it and get my grand daughters involved in riding.

36969788782_fd3dfcf4cd_b.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Being my Mten3 is arriving Tuesday I was going to sell Luffy on EBay. The sale price for Luffy has definitely dropped significantly. Only $299! For that price I'm going to keep it and get my grand daughters involved in riding.

Isn't such a small wheel incredibly hard to learn for a beginner?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Hoverboards have small wheels and are pretty easy to learn. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mten3 would be easier to learn for most people than the KS18, and in particular so for children.

Just now, Mono said:

Hoverboards have small wheels and are pretty easy to learn.

But they require less balance. I don't think you can compare the two.

I would think 14" is ideal for learning. Not too big to handle and big enough to get some stability while riding.

Kiddos can learn to ride just about anything. My grand daughter is only 5 years old so keeping her close to the ground will make her mom and dad happy.:)

• Upvote 1

Being as the main problem for most learners seems to be having the confidence to get going fast enough for the wheel to give them balance, the smaller faster spinning wheel of the 10" euc can make it easier as it balances at a much lower speed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gimlet said:

it balances at a much lower speed

I doubt that :) The gyro effect may balance a free running wheel, but I doubt it has much of an effect to balance a wheel with rider. My guess would be that wheel size doesn't matter much, but weight is intimidating and hindering the learning process. In the end one needs to learn how to balance by twisting the wheel and not rely on the stability the wheel may provide on its own.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, this it not the Luffy. Wider tire, bigger motor, larger batteries, etc.

I have not looked at the tire. It handles my weight (170 pounds) just fine.

that's great. if it's not too much trouble, could you please look at your tire and i'd like to know, make, min pressure max pressure, max load capacity(of the tire), size and type, if it's not a tubed tire. a photograph of the sidewall would be nice.

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@Marty Backe found a pic on aliexpress 10x3, that's a stout tire. still lacking info on make, capacity, pressures.

This is what I got from the side of the tire:

• 10x3.00-6.5
  • Seyoun NJK
  • 2 Ply Rating/Tubeless
  • Max Load 70kg at 30 PSI Cold

Please be aware that the Mten3 has a tube. So this tire has been adapted for use on the Mten3. Seems to work great.

That's all that I have. I'm not a tire guy so don't ask me for interpretations on what any of this means relative to the Mten3. All I know is that it works great for me :D 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is what I got from the side of the tire:

• 10x3.00-6.5
  • Seyoun NJK
  • 2 Ply Rating/Tubeless
  • Max Load 70kg at 30 PSI Cold

Please be aware that the Mten3 has a tube. So this tire has been adapted for use on the Mten3. Seems to work great.

That's all that I have. I'm not a tire guy so don't ask me for interpretations on what any of this means relative to the Mten3. All I know is that it works great for me :D 

I'm surprised at that. The Mten2 is tubeless as I believe was the original Mten2.

Edited by Gimlet

1 minute ago, Gimlet said:

I can assure you that the speed of rotation does make a significant difference to the gyroscopic balancing effect that the wheel exerts.

The ease of "twisting the wheel" with the smaller contact patch also helps a lot.

I have 10", 14", 16" and 18" wheels and the 10" ones are what I chose to learn to ride backwards on.

Riding backwards (and every other kind of turning) is a pure joy on this 10 inch wheel compared to anything else.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gimlet said:

I'm surprised at that. The Mten2 is timeless as I believe was the original Mten2.

What exactly are you surprised at???

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

What exactly are you surprised at???

Sorry. Predictive text problem. Corrected now.

Don't see why they would put a tube into a tubeless tyre.

Edited by Gimlet
  • Upvote 1