Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

1 hour ago, paolinger said:

@steve454

He' s a friend of mine. 

But ninebot is too big and heavy for this purpose. Now he is thinking of moving to mten3, at the moment, the best.

I saw that video a long time ago and went to Youtube and entered in the search box, paragliding with electric unicycle.  That was the only video that shows a paraglider carrying an electric unicycle.

41 minutes ago, paolinger said:

Do you think it's a proper performance, for 512 Wh?

Yes, the range that I'm getting is about what I expected for this size battery.

• Like 1

:cry2:   Bu... but that covers up the top of the nice light show!  I wonder whether maybe some white Sugru placed underneath and slightly around the sharp edges would work.  It's grippy and quite moldable.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's grippy and quite moldable.

That's exactly what I' m looking for, the knobs on the faucet are not grippy.  I complained and the maintenance staff replaced the faucets with these smooth handled faucets.:angry::blink1:  I put rubber bands for more grip, but they slide up the top.:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:cry2:   Bu... but that covers up the top of the nice light show!  I wonder whether maybe some white Sugru places underneath and slightly around the sharp edges would work.  It's grippy and quite moldable.

You know, I totally forgot about the LEDs. It's only a 3 to 4-inch section of the lights. I can live with that to gain some comfort. I doubt Sugru would survive the handling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe a split piece of clear tubing attached underneath might work.

7981465-24.jpg

Interesting that first video on Google searching for mten3 is guess who's?

Thanks, it's worth considering - I may experiment more.

I guess I'm the only one creating Mten3 videos ?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You know, I totally forgot about the LEDs. It's only a 3 to 4-inch section of the lights. I can live with that to gain some comfort. I doubt Sugru would survive the handling.

Good question. Maybe if you glue it on with superglue it will be better. On its own it will never stick enough.

On 31 October 2017 at 3:07 AM, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't think you will like the Mten3 for this particular use case. Gotway is probably the worst mainstream EUC manufacturer when it comes to disabling the wheel rotation during a fall. KingSong may be the King in this department :)

As this video (which I just made for you) demonstrates, sometimes the wheel will spin up as the wheel is laid on its side.

I would turn it off first when laying it down and then turn it on when ready to ride. The on/off cycle is very fast and certainly less noisy than the multiple beeps as demonstrated here.

Curious about this demonstration, I subjected my ks14c to the same test.  Guess what! Same result, exactly.  5 slow beeps on every lay down, and even the occasional wheel spin when going over.  I think possibly, it was quicker to get back in balance mode, not entirely sure though.  So @Psices no KS14c golf either.?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Marty Backe Nice follow-up. Apparently you don't even walk from the car to the door at your job now :efee612b4b:

How come the pads behind the pedals are the most damaged? Wouldn't either the pedals cover them, or the folded down pedals hit whatever-it-is first instead of the pads hitting it?

Also, have you tried your other Gotway pedals on the mten3? (If you need another video idea:efee8319ab:)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

guess I'm the only one creating Mten3 videos ?

I tried to record my yard cleanup yesterday with Mten3 and Mavic but crash it into a tree.  :crying: Mavic is fine but all 4 blades were broken. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Anyone else experiencing this? I was trying to ride on one foot but as soon as I put pressure on the left hand side of the machine with my leg I heard something ticking against the shell at regular intervals.

Not me.

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

Lots of good ideas here. @Hunka Hunka Burning Love Thanks for the Sugru tip.  Never heard of it.  Thinking of places I can use it.  Plumbers butt crack comes to mind. Does it stick to sweaty hairy skin? ?

im not sure loss of LEDs at the top is a biggie, as your legs obscure them, mostly, no?

This is my view. Missing a handful of LEDs at the very top isn't a biggie for me right now. But I may look for a different solution over time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

Curious about this demonstration, I subjected my ks14c to the same test.  Guess what! Same result, exactly.  5 slow beeps on every lay down, and even the occasional wheel spin when going over.  I think possibly, it was quicker to get back in balance mode, not entirely sure though.  So @Psices no KS14c golf either.?

I also noticed a big improvement from the 14C to my 14S. The KS14S wheel stops spinning immediately. I've never seen the wheel turn when the 14S falls over. KingSong made a change recently and it's impressive.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe Nice follow-up. Apparently you don't even walk from the car to the door at your job now :efee612b4b:

How come the pads behind the pedals are the most damaged? Wouldn't either the pedals cover them, or the folded down pedals hit whatever-it-is first instead of the pads hitting it?

Also, have you tried your other Gotway pedals on the mten3? (If you need another video idea:efee8319ab:)

I think these little pads are damaged by the shoes rubbing against them as the you ride the wheel or first put your feet on the pedals.

I have not tried other pedals. These work perfect for me and and are very comfortable.

Edited by Marty Backe

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Anyone else experiencing this? I was trying to ride on one foot but as soon as I put pressure on the left hand side of the machine with my leg I heard something ticking against the shell at regular intervals.

Is it a ninebot?  If so that is a problem that can be fixed by installing a washer.

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks, it's worth considering - I may experiment more.

I guess I'm the only one creating Mten3 videos ?

@Marty BackeSo your not alone here is a short Mten3 video. This one is tough for me to watch!:facepalm:

• Like 2