Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

Marty, it seems like you are running the little guy a little faster than before.  I was beginning to do the same before I had that unfortunate encounter with the pothole.  I might have to start wearing a little more armor after I get mine operational again.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, radial said:

Marty, it seems like you are running the little guy a little faster than before.  I was beginning to do the same before I had that unfortunate encounter with the pothole.  I might have to start wearing a little more armor after I get mine operational again.  

I am riding it faster here, thus I"m wearing all of my protective gear. If the road/path conditions are good this is a fun wheel to book along on :D

You're still waiting for a replacement tube?

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're still waiting for a replacement tube?

Yes, it's killing me!  I love that we can get these incredible cutting-edge products from China, but it hurts my heart that American enterprise hasn't stepped up and we have to wait for weeks every time we need parts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paolinger said:

This is my endurance test with mten3.

25 km- avg.20 kmh-stop around 20% of battery. 70kg "pilot"

Top speed gps 28kmh (app 35,1kmh!!?)

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/1885726516

Cool log. That's a big journey for a little wheel. 

Do you own any other larger wheels? If so, how was the ride compared to them. There is much debate about the mental concentration required to ride a 10" wheel over long distances. Was it harder work? would you do it again? 

• Like 1

Thank you. I use the wheel mainly as a recovery when landing away from the car with paragliding (we call this ROLL & FLY) as well as for fun. Over 20 kmh requires a lot of concentration, better driving less than 20 kmh. Of course I will do it again.

Hove not bigger wheels because is a problem to fit them in my harness (for flying).

• Like 3

That's too much???.  I think I pulled a muscle in my side listening to that.  ???

i especially like the "too fast " message. If I'm not mistaken, that was Arnie himself wasn't it!  I'm visualising all the Gotway riders who have been thrown down the road when they blew through to top speed limit.  Imagine hearing that, just as you get launched into ultra low earth orbit ! ??  not to say that other brands aren't suitable lunch vehicles ?

PRICELESS !! I want It, but I don't want that two wheeled wheelbarrow 

come on manufacturers, give us ALL The ability to modify our warning files.  I can think of a few replacements mother warning horn ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@meepmeepmayer's foul language :P was his attempt at humor (I got a laugh out of it :D). He was simply translating the annoying beeping into words, if the wheel could talk. I guarantee you that he was not referring to you.

He kinda sounded like an asshole when he used the "I'm a <x> year old retired <job> and <I deserve respect>. I see that a lot with older people, the idea that respect should be given to them because they've survived 60 or more years on this earth and not through any present skill they have.

I respect @meepmeepmayer statement of "hey asshole, stop crashing" because it is precisely correct. This is not some woman's website where we talk about our feeeeelings being hurt 'cause of what someone did, ow ow; EUC's are quite dangerous, and so when @meepmeepmayer tells you to stop being an asshole, he is absolutely right; your past experience counts for nil when your wheel (and your face) hits the pavement.

You need to be able to post something and people like @meepmeepmayer call bullshit on you (he has to me, several times, thank you kindly) without even the slightest trace of emotion, 'cause it's just feelings compared to the rock-hard physicality of hitting the pavement.

And those goes for the rest of you; I'd expect any man here to call me an asshole when I am being an asshole (which I probably am being on this post, yes yes I know).

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

He kinda sounded like an asshole when he used the "I'm a <x> year old retired <job> and <I deserve respect>. I see that a lot with older people, the idea that respect should be given to them because they've survived 60 or more years on this earth and not through any present skill they have.

I respect @meepmeepmayer statement of "hey asshole, stop crashing" because it is precisely correct. This is not some woman's website where we talk about our feeeeelings being hurt 'cause of what someone did, ow ow; EUC's are quite dangerous, and so when @meepmeepmayer tells you to stop being an asshole, he is absolutely right; your past experience counts for nil when your wheel (and your face) hits the pavement.

You need to be able to post something and people like @meepmeepmayer call bullshit on you (he has to me, several times, thank you kindly) without even the slightest trace of emotion, 'cause it's just feelings compared to the rock-hard physicality of hitting the pavement.

And those goes for the rest of you; I'd expect any man here to call me an asshole when I am being an asshole (which I probably am being on this post, yes yes I know).

You can always count on @LanghamP, our resident asshole, to provide an unfiltered response. ;)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, paolinger said:

This is my endurance test with mten3.

25 km- avg.20 kmh-stop around 20% of battery. 70kg "pilot"

Top speed gps 28kmh (app 35,1kmh!!?)

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/1885726516

That seems consistent with mine. I've gotten ~29km at 15% battery and my riding weight is ~70kg.

3 hours ago, paolinger said:

Thank you. I use the wheel mainly as a recovery when landing away from the car with paragliding (we call this ROLL & FLY) as well as for fun. Over 20 kmh requires a lot of concentration, better driving less than 20 kmh. Of course I will do it again.

Hove not bigger wheels because is a problem to fit them in my harness (for flying).

That is a very cool use for the wheel. It actually seems perfect. Have other paraglider pilots seen you like this, and has it made them want to learn how to ride an EUC?

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video, all those cuts to different scenes really gave a good feel for the ride.  More dynamic feel compared to just using a stick, and the long shots are interesting.  Cool U-turn also:)

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That is a very cool use for the wheel. It actually seems perfect. Have other paraglider pilots seen you like this, and has it made them want to learn how to ride an EUC?

At present, only one friend does roll & fly but all my flying buddies have shown interest. 
Some of them have also tried my wheel.

The wheel always catches a smile 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2017 at 12:57 PM, paolinger said:

Video please!!!!

22 hours ago, Smoother said:

That's too much???.  I think I pulled a muscle in my side listening to that.  ???

My V8 also allows this.

In theory ...

In practice it's so buggy that I never managed to replace any sound.