Gotway ACM just died @ 30kph+

On 11.9.2017 at 10:17 AM, KingSong69 said:

MY wheel is the MSuper V3...where the last 80% Alarm is at about 36-38kmh...
YOUR wheel is a MCM V3 which has the last 80% Alarm at 30kmh.....

The overspeed alarm kicks in at 38km/h for the unloaded case (lift test) at my MCM V3. For the MSuper V3 it is 44km/h, afaik. So this overspeed alarm is not only speed related but has some relation to actual load.
While both the other speed alarms do trigger at the same speed, regardless of load.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11.9.2017 at 3:11 PM, Keith said:

Over powering a wheel can only really happen if going from backwards to forwards continuously very quickly, so the RPM stays low but power demand very high, or going up a very steep hill very slowly as @Marty Backe demonstrated so well. At high speed you are unable to draw anything near the amount of power you can at low speeds under high acceleration or steep climb ...

That is why there are two alarms, overspeed and overload. 
Chriull has described it fittingly in this posting: "One has to distinguish 2 "conditions":..."

2 hours ago, caelus said:

I was trying to figure out whether Gotway has some more elaborated overload alarm. And if it is different from the previous alarm 6, ("low voltage"). But obviously it is still voltage related only.

I don't see how you can imply this conclusively. I can well imagine that there is a heat related overload alarm and I don't see how you could figure out conclusively that there is not.

4 hours ago, Mono said:

I don't see how you can imply this conclusively. I can well imagine that there is a heat related overload alarm and I don't see how you could figure out conclusively that there is not.

yes, true. 
I would welcome some more tests!

However, this sounds plausible, as there is the separate overheat alarm, (8:PCB高温报警:2秒两短声,PCB high temperature alarm,2 short beep 2 seconds).

Archived