I was looking for information on the price at which it would be sold and I came across this article, released at the conference of SEGWAY / NINEBOT at IFA 2017 Berlin

For the oldest buyers of the Mini Pro, this will remind you the starting price of the Mini Pro...

excerpt from the article about the price: 

(source- 8 31 2017-: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/segway-wants-transport-tourists-mall-cops-204613976.html) "Hardholdt" Segway Europe president Dennis Hardholt )

"The miniPLUS, meanwhile, can serve as a bit of a toy or a pet in addition to carting you around as fast as 12 mph and as far as almost 22 miles. If personal transportation gets boring, you can drive it via Bluetooth with a smartphone app or instruct it to follow you home. It will also accept an optional 4K camera, because no consumer device seems complete these days without an ultra-high-definition video-capture system.

That won’t come as cheap, though; Hardholdt predicted a $1,000 price tag at its Q4 debut. That may be a tough sell, but at least nobody’s trying to suggest this two-wheeled conveyance will change the world."

-------------

Unfortunetly, for us, europeans, To convert 1000 dollars in euros, European sellers prefer to simplify by fixing the price in euros on the US price: $ 1000 = 1000 €  (actually $1000= ‎€838)

For new owners of Mini, if you are surprised at this starting price, you who had paid $ 550 to Amazon, I invite you to watch the price fluctuations of the Mini Pro on the year 2016,

MONITORING PRICE VARIATIONS ON AMAZON BY @MAXB into my conclusion 

(there are pretty graphics)

I could advise you to buy it now in import, its current price is correct, the original price is 3499rmb =449 euros/536 dollars
Prices of resellers currently vary between 558 euros/$665 and 1000 euros/$1192
you can see some prices I have inventoried on Ebay or on Aliexpress

What is certain is that import prices will increase until the official release of the PLUS in the USA and in Europe, then they will drop a bit

22 hours ago, jojo33 said:

I could advise you to buy it now in import, its current price is correct, the original price is 3499rmb =449 euros/536 dollars
Prices of resellers currently vary between 558 euros/$665 and 1000 euros/$1192
you can see some prices I have inventoried on Ebay or on Aliexpress

What is certain is that import prices will increase until the official release of the PLUS in the USA and in Europe, then they will drop a bit

It's not bad news for me, yet.

I'm in the honeymoon phase with the MiniPro. Very satisfied.

There are some exceptions and the MiniPlus does not overwhelmingly compel me to act.

I can wait a year or two.

10 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

@icom  i just found this but it's not really right because (battery ip is x6 and  speed is 20kmh please look fcc pictures )

it's translated from chinese to english sorry for mistakes

plusvspro1.PNG.7a34ff2837381db6243f7e20e7b71fd5.PNG

plusvspro2.PNG.281eb4af2a726d880ca0f634f811e63c.PNG

plusvspro3.PNG.f34c6d229a1d91626d28b35946cf8611.PNG

This is a good comparison and highlights the differences.

I will inevitably buy the MiniPlus, just not yet.

A deciding factor would be when the MiniPro is discontinued.

Or if the MiniPlus could be upgraded to a robot version.

One important differentiator is the swapping of batteries that the MiniPro has that is not available on the MiniPlus.

Huge factor for extending the range of travel for me.

the more interesting is why the mini pro is more expensive than the mini plus ? in china....or at the same price? mini plus it's 35km pro it's 30km, m+ is 11" tire pro it's 10.5" tire.....somehing i dont understand, M+ technologie is better and battery have IPX6 (body ip 54)

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

the more interesting is why the mini pro is more expensive than the mini plus ? in china....or at the same price? mini plus it's 35km pro it's 30km, m+ is 11" tire pro it's 10.5" tire.....somehing i dont understand, M+ technologie is better and battery have IPX6 (body ip 54)

The future is the MiniPlus.

MiniPro is probably phasing down and will charge equal amounts to the MiniPlus due to production costs.

Sorry, i don't think the future is MiniPlus, it just misses on too many points that matter that cannot be replaced by the fluff. That said if the US or future version used better battery cells, it will be a nice ride. As it is, it's just not for serious riders.  Maybe that's ok with them but...

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Sorry, i don't think the future is MiniPlus, it just misses on too many points that matter that cannot be replaced by the fluff. That said if the US or future version used better battery cells, it will be a nice ride. As it is, it's just not for serious riders.  Maybe that's ok with them but...

Well, we are seeing the immediate future as the MiniPlus, according to Segway.

They may recover and come out later with a MiniPlusPlus that has a higher battery range and features left out from the MiniPro.

The MiniPlus solves the first/last travel issue and brings an in home robotic device.

Clever.  

17 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

The MiniPlus solves the first/last travel issue and brings an in home robotic device.

Well that's the big question.... does it really?  Who for?  We'll have to wait and see.  Many companies with many devices are claiming that or trying to solve that.  I don't think it's solved yet.  Personally I think the MiniPlus is too big for that first/last mile segment, and too many limitations for the general commute.  I'm certainly happy they released it; especially if in the US it does 20km/h as that is really the minimum speed, but 25km/h would be much better.  20km/h though would at least be a good starting point.  All devices are stepping stones and they will learn something from this.  I'm already looking forward to the next one though, if I'm not on an EUC by that time.

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Well that's the big question.... does it really?  Who for?  We'll have to wait and see.  Many companies with many devices are claiming that or trying to solve that.  I don't think it's solved yet.  Personally I think the MiniPlus is too big for that first/last mile segment, and too many limitations for the general commute.  I'm certainly happy they released it; especially if in the US it does 20km/h as that is really the minimum speed, but 25km/h would be much better.  20km/h though would at least be a good starting point.  All devices are stepping stones and they will learn something from this.  I'm already looking forward to the next one though, if I'm not on an EUC by that time.

The MiniPro has solved my first/last mile except for flying.  So far.

Living in the center of the city, the MiniPro fits perfectly.  Just the right size & weight.  Flexible.  Useful.

The speed is fine and the distance works well for a lakefront/riverfront ride occasionally.

I've taken it to business meetings easily.

After years of alternate transporters, this has become the best travel answer.  Recently, we easily loaded them onto a rental car and went for the best weekend touring.  Ever.

I'm selling my scooter, ebike an bicycle.  They are the old transporters.  Too much to tolerate in getting from one place to another.

I am seduced by the speed and possibilities of the upcoming EUC Segway S1 Z series.  Even that does not do what the MiniPro succeeds in: reliable, safe, easy, and stable transporter.

What Steve Jobs may have said of the 2002 Segway about the catalyst for changing & redesigning the urban city may be true, after all.

The world is thinking AV or bicycles.  Yes, that will happen.

Many others will choose the Mini Segway transporters.

Finally.

I agree the Segway is safer than the EUC for some travel needs and I like riding it if I'm using binoculars or cameras.   I think for the application you described the MiniPro is better than the new Plus, but if you get one you can tell us how it compares for you.   For me the speed is not fine and that's my biggest beef.  Still working on the speed hack and if nothing else, it's convinced me I need a faster top speed for my use (it's been fun too, but a bit dangerous at times). 

I do agree that the new personal transporters are a catalyst for changes in urban design.   

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

I agree the Segway is safer than the EUC for some travel needs and I like riding it if I'm using binoculars or cameras.   I think for the application you described the MiniPro is better than the new Plus, but if you get one you can tell us how it compares for you.   For me the speed is not fine and that's my biggest beef.  Still working on the speed hack and if nothing else, it's convinced me I need a faster top speed for my use (it's been fun too, but a bit dangerous at times). 

I do agree that the new personal transporters are a catalyst for changes in urban design.   

You use binoculars when riding?  Very interesting.  Unique.

The speed could be improved and it's not going to happen, apparently.

For faster speeds, the bump up is the EUC.

To stay in the urban personal transporter category, the speed decision has been made and set as it is.

With no competition in this category, due to patents, it appeals to the masses.  The younger generation with the Mite and the Boomers with the Plus, in between somewhat with the Pro.

And aging population, with the upcoming robotics.

Archived