The Gotway Tesla 1020wh Model Open Box and Initial thoughts

Previously, I thought the so-called Soft mode and anything else in-between are pretty much useless to me, coz I like the footrests being hard and reactive. After riding the Tesla around for a few km, I realized (for me), that all 3 modes can be useful. For lower-speed tricks and maneuvers, Sports mode is the best coz your inputs are immediately acted out. For high-speed cruise that's stable and comfortable, Leisure (i.e. Soft) mode is ideal coz the wheel just keeps going where its going without unnecessarily reacting to every undulation on the road surface as well as every minute input your feet give it. Surprisingly, Sports mode for high speed cruising is actually less stable. Finally, the Medium mode is the sweet spot for everything else in-between those extremes. Thus, IMO, every mode serves a very specific purpose.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Previously, I thought the so-called Soft mode and anything else in-between are pretty much useless to me, coz I like the footrests being hard and reactive. After riding the Tesla around for a few km, I realized (for me), that all 3 modes can be useful. For lower-speed tricks and maneuvers, Sports mode is the best coz your inputs are immediately acted out. For high-speed cruise that's stable and comfortable, Leisure (i.e. Soft) mode is ideal coz the wheel just keeps going where its going without unnecessarily reacting to every undulation on the road surface as well as every minute input your feet give it. Surprisingly, Sports mode for high speed cruising is actually less stable. Finally, the Medium mode is the sweet spot for everything else in-between those extremes. Thus, IMO, every mode serves a very specific purpose.

Totally agree. When I go for a cruise with my bigger wheels I often switch to the softest mode - much more comfortable. But for having slower speed fun and control, super hard is great.

Too bad we can't switch modes while the wheel is moving :) 

5 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Hiya!

I'm from Singapore too.

Just got my Tesla.

Coming from a V8, I can now freely go past 30 kph ... hooray!

Its surprisingly more responsive than an MSuper V3 i.e. just like a heavier V8 ... nice!

I miss my V8's slim waistline though ... *sniff* *sniff*

This is my Tesla, protected by a 3rd-party V8 transparent cover ... sweet!

20171027_185820.jpg

2 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Got my Tesla up to 53 kph (33 mph) after hearing a couple of 5-beeps. With RTB, that will be my limit. Felt stable, smooth and definitely has room for more speed, bu

Dont go crazy!!!

It might be announced with 65-68kmh free spinning...but with you on the wheel perhaps 55kmh is the limit!

So i would personally not go over 50kmh, which is freaking crazy for a 16inch wheel at all....

Looking out for some more of your experiences with the tesla....as i am also waiting for one :-)

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Dont go crazy!!!

It might be announced with 65-68kmh free spinning...but with you on the wheel perhaps 55kmh is the limit!

So i would personally not go over 50kmh, which is freaking crazy for a 16inch wheel at all....

Yup. Agree. Coming from the V8, I knew nothing about speeds above 30 kph. This Tesla 16 incher allowed me to experience what's it like at 40 and 50 kph. For safety, best keep a 16 incher under 40. However, I do believe Gotway's "DDDDD" is a safe power output level for cheap thrills without engine cutout, so if I'm not wrong, it came on at 50 kph. And by the time I realized it and RTB, I was already 53 kph. Anyway, the wheel was still stable and smooth, and still accelerating (if I kept on the pressure on the footrests). I'm only 127 pounds, so I'm guessing perhaps 57 kph is the limit. At 90% battery level, my Tesla's lift test was 65 kph. Gonna try 100% battery lift test on my next full charge, and see if it can match the specs sheet for 70 kph (but unlikely).

Anyway, that's it! Not gonna ever go over 50 again!

30 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

... tesla....as i am also waiting for one :-)

I noticed you ride the KS-18S, right?

How is it at 50 kph? Effortlessly stable? Reasonably stable? Or Nerve-wrecking just to keep it stable? :confused1:

Just wanna know how cruising at 50 on an 18 compares to doing likewise on a 16. Thanks! :)

1 minute ago, Meng Yang said:

I noticed you ride the KS-18S, right?

How is it at 50 kph? Effortlessly stable? Reasonably stable? Or Nerve-wrecking just to keep it stable? :confused1:

Just wanna know how cruising at 50 on an 18 compares to doing likewise on a 16. Thanks! :)

Whatever speed you take..its just allways more stable on a 18inch with 2,5 tire than 16inch 2,125....

But nonetheless ...i am not the speed guy! All over 40kmh makes me kinda nervous, as i know how a crash over 30kmh goes! Its just a slam into    the ground, and i dont need that :-)

What i like on the 18S is that ENORMOUS power...even when accelerating while over 30kmh and ....all the reserves i have in backhand, hope that phrase explained that.

WhenEVER i go OVER 35/38/40kmh...it just feels like a speed which is to fast for an 16/18EUC...(my view)...yes, it gets better and faster as more size your wheel has. So going 50 might be a glimpse on the 22inch Monster.....but thats a sloppy wheel and to unagile when moving in pedestrians...

So i see it this way:

35kmh is a ultra comfortable cruising speed on a 16/18inch....going faster makes the fun go away, as on higher speeds you fight against the wind, look out ffor road cracks, which might kick you off...have your voltdrop in mind..jadajadajda...it just gets to stressful :-)

But perhaps i am just an old pussy :-)

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Whatever speed you take..its just allways more stable on a 18inch with 2,5 tire than 16inch 2,125....

But nonetheless ...i am not the speed guy! All over 40kmh makes me kinda nervous, as i know how a crash over 30kmh goes! Its just a slam into    the ground, and i dont need that :-)

What i like on the 18S is that ENORMOUS power...even when accelerating while over 30kmh and ....all the reserves i have in backhand, hope that phrase explained that.

WhenEVER i go OVER 35/38/40kmh...it just feels like a speed which is to fast for an 16/18EUC...(my view)...yes, it gets better and faster as more size your wheel has. So going 50 might be a glimpse on the 22inch Monster.....but thats a sloppy wheel and to unagile when moving in pedestrians...

So i see it this way:

35kmh is a ultra comfortable cruising speed on a 16/18inch....going faster makes the fun go away, as on higher speeds you fight against the wind, look out ffor road cracks, which might kick you off...have your voltdrop in mind..jadajadajda...it just gets to stressful :-)

But perhaps i am just an old pussy :-)

I'm an old pussy too most of the time, but today I've hade tilt-backs both ways the same day. Going to work, and going home. And I've set my tilt-back at 42 kph. And it didn't even feel that fast... I guess my middle names was foolhardy idiot today, because I was annoyed that I had set the alarm so low... :rolleyes:

Then sanity hit me and I let off a bit.

On 10/26/2017 at 8:39 AM, Marty Backe said:

The more that I think about this, the more upset that I get. Unfortunately we know that many people will read that article and then never buy a Gotway because of it.

Justina, even with her low-cut blouses, will never get my attention again.

I google translated an article Justina has on her website comparing the Tesla vs the KS16s.  It seemed very biased toward the KS16s and this confirms it.  This pushed me over the edge...I just purchase a Tesla from Jason at ewheels. I now will have 2 Gotways(Mten3, Tesla, 2 Kingsong(16s & 18s), and 2 Inmotion(V8 & v3 pro).  Maybe now I can give some opinions for people interested in some these wheels. 

8 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I now will have 2 Gotways(Mten3, Tesla, 2 Kingsong(16s & 18s), and 2 Inmotion(V8 & v3 pro).  Maybe now I can give some opinions for people interested in some these wheels. 

Exactly my thinking 11 wheels in, ie. Every Manufacturer, test rides don't count, too short a time.

You're missing a Rockwheel GT16v2 though (and iPS, if it's not about just max stats) :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I google translated an article Justina has on her website comparing the Tesla vs the KS16s.  It seemed very biased toward the KS16s and this confirms it.  This pushed me over the edge...I just purchase a Tesla from Jason at ewheels. I now will have 2 Gotways(Mten3, Tesla, 2 Kingsong(16s & 18s), and 2 Inmotion(V8 & v3 pro).  Maybe now I can give some opinions for people interested in some these wheels. 

Hey, you may be the first Southern Californian that gets a Tesla :cheers: We've all been joking that we are waiting for the 'other guy' to get one so we can try it first. Can't wait to see what you think of it, and maybe during a ride I can get you to let me try the Tesla :w00t2:

Now that I think about it, I forgot that you bought an 18S too. That's another wheel that I've been interested in.

I think that you're bordering on having too many wheels ;)

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Exactly my thinking 11 wheels in, ie. Every Manufacturer, test rides don't count, too short a time.

You're missing a Rockwheel GT16v2 though (and iPS, if it's not about just max stats) :ph34r:

If I could find a US distributor for Rockwheel, I would love to try them.  I almost bought a IPS for my younger kids to learn on, but opted for the Inmotion V3Pro(which they love by the way).

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey, you may be the first Southern Californian that gets a Tesla :cheers: We've all been joking that we are waiting for the 'other guy' to get one so we can try it first. Can't wait to see what you think of it, and maybe during a ride I can get you to let me try the Tesla :w00t2:

Now that I think about it, I forgot that you bought an 18S too. That's another wheel that I've been interested in.

I think that you're bordering on having too many wheels ;)

You are more than welcome to try any of my wheels.  I think I'm past bordering too many wheels at this point.  I use my 6 kids as an excuse for more. My goal is to have the whole family ride at some point. That means I have room for two more? The trick will be getting my wife proficient on one.  I did get her on the v3 pro in the house yesterday.  She did pretty well...baby steps??

57 minutes ago, Sketch said:

You are more than welcome to try any of my wheels.  I think I'm past bordering too many wheels at this point.  I use my 6 kids as an excuse for more. My goal is to have the whole family ride at some point. That means I have room for two more? The trick will be getting my wife proficient on one.  I did get her on the v3 pro in the house yesterday.  She did pretty well...baby steps??

Now we know that you have another hobby beside wheels... :lol:

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

If I could find a US distributor for Rockwheel, I would love to try them.  I almost bought a IPS for my younger kids to learn on, but opted for the Inmotion V3Pro(which they love by the way).

Seems the roughness of the GT16 V1 ruined the chances for Rockwheel to get distributors for the GT16 V2. If you want one, your best bet is probably Rockwheel Store, given that you're comfortable to do your own service if needed. Yi Chen is good with after-sale support, both in telling you what to do and supplying the parts. But the distance to China means you can't just drop it off at the store if something ails you.

For me it was a bit scary to take it apart the first time. But since then I've rebuilt it so that the only original parts left are the batteries... :D

And I STILL have paid less than I would have for a KS16 or GW MS3. So far the grand total is less than $1500, and I have duplicates of every part except the controller and batteries. Buying a new set of batteries which I plan to do, would mean I'd just need a new board to be able to build a backup...

It's a bit fiddly to service, with a few places where you have to be careful, but when you've done it once, it's no biggie.

Just my debatable 2 cents:

With 30 seconds on a GT16 V? and 2 days on a Tesla, I feel these 2 wheels are just too similar for most people to buy both (unless $$$ no object). If one prefers around 45 kph speed, needs a rear brake light, has no need for a trolley, pays a lower relative price and wheeling environment is always dry, I'll say take the GT16 V2. If one needs around 50 kph speed, a trolley, can do away with the rear brake light with just the side LEDs/brake-lights, can afford ~$1450 and wheeling in the rain, then its the Tesla.

1 hour ago, Meng Yang said:

wheeling in the rain, then its the Tesla.

I’m curious if this is reality, confident that we could ride in the rain.. ?  I want that.

The Tesla is a fun machine, it definitely gets going. Enjoy

5 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I’m curious if this is reality, confident that we could ride in the rain.. ?  I want that.

Just my guess. Tesla's closed ventilation system vs GT16's open ventilation system - Tesla should be more suited for riding in the rain. Over here, it rains 1 out of every 3 days, so my V8 gets wet all the time but gets the job done. This expert does it really well in the wet on his Tesla prototype.

Thank you for your feedback about the article, we really appreciate it, really. 

I didn't know this article will get that much attention, and rudeness, here. On the other hand, it's a good news, as the purpose was to put pressure on Gotway...

Let me clarify some things first:

• It was never our intention to harm any brand. However, Gotway didn't fix what they promised, and users safety is the priority number one,
  • Gotway was a brand that was pushing the market forward, and this is great, but now maybe they need a little push,
  • As a matter of fact, we were planning to introduce Gotway Tesla to our offer, as it was the first new model that we believed will change Gotway. We provide a 2-year warranty, so we simply don't want to offer products that are likely to be serviced frequently, 
  • If you read our older articles, you would see we were recommending Gotway as one of the best EUC manufacturers,
  • You argue we promote Inmotion and KingSong, but aren't they the best alternatives? You all recommend these brands all over the place,
  • Ironically, you argue us not being objective, while the whole topic is based on a sponsored material.

Now, while the article presented some real arguments, I couldn't find any in your posts. I understand @KingSong69 and @meepmeepmayer don't like me and they're getting personal - it's fine, but at least @KingSong69 always has some interesting input and he's ready for a real discussion. 

What I don't understand is that so few people have their own opinion. There's no real discussion, everyone follows empty statements without any arguments. "Because I said so" is not an argument. Who isn't objective now?

Let me answer some posts:

On 26/10/2017 at 12:09 PM, KingSong69 said:

This is a KS and IM seller

How did you find out? Is it because the big banner above each page with logos of all brands we sell? It supposed to be a secret. Nice work, Sherlock Holmes! :D

But seriously: we are an independent shop, we do not promote brands as a whole. We only introduce certain models to our offer, that meet our requirements and are reliable. If Gotway had at least one model meeting our criteria, we would introduce this one model. And we hoped it would be finally be Gotway Tesla.

Againg - we are independent - we obviously want to keep the door open for other manufacturers. Why would we do the opposite then?

Why do you then assume that Gotway Tesla info shared by Gotway-only distributors or sponsored sources, must be true? 

By all means, i don't like the Problems Gotway has and had...

So you do admit they have problems?

but in my view this article is just bashing and only a Promotion for their own store!

I'm sorry that when we recommend some reliable products we don't link them to other stores...

To talk about this funny CCC Certificate, pfffhh.

If it's so funny, why don't they have one?

What the Tesla belongs: There has been ONE single Tesla, i repeat: One :-) that had a failure when climbing a massive hill. While on the same ride 2 other wheels did the same hill.

NObody knows exactly what it was, short, wire burn, capacitor blow, who knows....

Other than that, i see only reports and video's that did not Report any Problems, with happy French testers driving around....

One unit with this particular issue. How many units were delivered? With the number of delivered units, only one is a big %, comparing to other brands.Any this is always the problem with Gotway: nobody knows what exactly was the issue, nobody tested it in the factory, nobody cares, let the users test all scenarios.

I also ordered a Tesla(not on "Green"), mine was shipped on 20th Oct. and i also received a tracking number. Yes, there have been very long delays this time, especially by "green travelling"...afaik These delays have been because of the whining of the France excl. Gotway seller who saw his sells going down! So Gotway decided to first fullfill the re-sellers orders and bring the Tesla into the Hand of the re-sellers first, before having ali-sellers a Hand on this.....French orders on ali even where cancelled! All others, probably yours also, where delayed!

Reputation of "green travelling" (in MY view) can not be called good anymore....

I don't know anything about French seller, but many users experiencing delays have got a message that Gotway Tesla delay is caused by implementing some improvements in this model. This is a good news - it's better to deliver a fixed product (that we may introduce in our offer) than rush things and have problems on a large scale.

On 26/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

This is a Kingsong seller that always shits on Gotway and blows the (definitely existing) problems out of proportions or invents new ones. Seems to be their hobby, or they are Kingsong's hit men with plausible deniability of direct KS involvement?

You haven't even read other articles, because otherwise you would knew that we were always recommending Gotway. But feel free to ask KingSong or whoever else about it, they probably haven't read it yet.

There are better things to do than inventing problems :) The article is a summary of the problems listed on this forum, that real users have/had. 

On 26/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

And then they pretend "self-switching off" Gotways are a common problem, when in reality this just did never ever happen, not once.

Right... 

So you're saying it isn't possible to disable tilt-back/alarms in Gotways, that would lead to a cut off? Giving users an option to disable security mechanisms is never a good idea, you wouldn't imagine how many riders aren't aware of the risk. They wouldn't take responsibility for it, for sure.

And even with the alarms ON, what about the linked post from this forum, called "oscillation and cut out problem"?

Maybe you are another person sponsored by Gotway? It's not a secret many users of this forum are, indeed.

It's not our fault that some distributors didn't do a proper research before stocking some Gotway models and now are having issues. But that's not the reason to tell everything is OK. No need to be a physic to figure out that the first thing Gotway would do is to have all forum accounts trying to discredit our article.

Like I said, we have a great team of specialists that checks every model also internally, before introducing it to the offer. Next time if you need to research an EUC, we can help you with that. 

There's a reason Gotway is so popular, and it's certainly not that their EUCs randomly switch off just for shits and giggles.

They are popular because of high speed and long range.

On 26/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, KingSong69 said:

When i Keep reading the linked article i really get angry.....and that means something, as i can be called anything but certainly not  a GW fan ,-)

If the problems will be addressed, we'll be more than happy to promote this information. But first, what issues are not real?

On 26/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, KingSong69 said:

But what is stated in this article is for the most really, really big Nonsens, for example:

-Untested batteries, mounted in a way making them at risk of side effects of an impact,

??? Untested batteries? Risks because they are mounted on the side??? Like in all our unicycles?

Why are Gotways catching fire so often? Check out how an ACM is built. Is it like in all unicycles? Really???

640_

Now, you don't need to be a doctor in physics, to notice that in case of impact:

1. There is no other layer to additionally absorb the hit, no additional shells,

2. There is a really small distance between the front and the battery. You can ask Elon Musk why is it safer to have a space between the front of the car and the driver, instead of having a combustion engine in between. Other unicycles use a different approach, where the battery is much less likely to be damaged on impact. Besides, they use a modular approach, with additional shells that in many cases will prevent the inner casing from damage, doing nothing to the battery. Inmotion even has a special case for the battery.

Do you want electric unicycles to share hoverboards fate? Everyone assigns hoverboards with catching fire and other issues. The issue must be addressed, to avoid banning EUCs everywhere.

640_

On 26/10/2017 at 12:21 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

@Imarconi That seller also has lied about China import wheels having worse battery cells used than Western sold wheels. Of course this was never true, they use the exact same quality or even the exact same battery cells in both wheels. Same production run.

At the time of release of KS-16B it was true, you wouldn't get exact the same cells in European and Asian units, or even the same manufacturer. KingSong has recently changed their policy regarding batteries and we've updated our site according to the new policy, long before you posted here.

I won't be replying to your other allegations. I think it is really sad you have to insult me personally, only because you got angry surfing the Web and you assume you know everything, while you are mistaken. Jumping to conclusions is easy. Hope all those likes you're collecting are brightening your life at least a little.

On 26/10/2017 at 5:16 PM, Marty Backe said:

This is the first that I've seen this article. Wow, what a hit piece on Gotway. You can imagine I'm not too happy seeing my image in this article :furious:

The more that I think about this, the more upset that I get. Unfortunately we know that many people will read that article and then never buy a Gotway because of it.

Justina, even with her low-cut blouses, will never get my attention again.

@Marty Backe, it wasn't our intention to do any harm. I'm sure you are aware (unlike other users) that YouTube videos can be shared, unless otherwise configured. The video was a great example of what may happen to a Monster, that's all.

But, since you are not happy about it, the video has been removed from the article. I respect you and love your videos. Hope it's personal.

To summarize everything up:

1. Users safety should always come first. We are in constant contact with manufacturers we collaborate - they want to know what's wrong, and what to improve - they don't need to know what's OK. The same case should be with Gotway distributors: the issues should be addressed and fixed, it should be the highest priority,
  2. I think we've got that much attention, because we are not only a shop, but also a portal, that posts information (about all popular brands, by the way, even Ninebot). The shop is just one of our sections. Keeping news up to date is a hard task, but the last thing we would like to do is misleading. If you think some of the issues listed in the article aren't real, I invite you to discuss this and prove your point. Right now no one has posted anything specific. I'm sure we can get to a common ground, instead of insulting each other. We will be glad to update the article,
  3. Good to now that Gotway Teslas are being shipped again. The article has been updated,
  4. The article may seem harsh, but this way it will motivate Gotway to improve they products, just like your comments motivate us to improve our content,
  5. Everything we do is to help promote electric unicycles and push the market forward. We don't want to see electric unicycles being assigned with danger like hoverboards, or being banned. Even one death related to disabled safety mechanisms may cause a permanent ban. It is very hard to introduce new ways of transportation these ways.

By the way: if anyone of you likes to write about electric unicycles (no matter the brand) and would like to write objective articles on our website, feel free to send me a private message. We would like to hire such person to post news separated from the rest of our site, making extra sure they're neutral.
We are committed not only to the best customer experience and service, but also to the quality of our content.

The electric unicycle market is still young, we need to evolve with it. 

@Justina Well, it's nice you answered, thanks. And I have absolutely nothing personal against you (why would I, I don't know you after all; and I'm not one of those vile Internet woman haters you find so often everywhere). To the contrary, anybody trying their hand in the difficult EUC market, to promote EUCs, is something I appreciate greatly.

But I have problems with people lying or being dishonest or misleading. We don't need false or misleading information spreading around, putting people off EUCs, or used by regulators as a false base.
And (at the very least to me) you were, and are, still dishonest. Some examples:

• The article was supposed to put pressure on Gotway? The same Gotway who can't even find someone who can speak decent English? How exactly are they supposed to even see this article? Were you in contact with Gotway? Did you tell them about this article? Did they react?
    Funny also how you mention later that Kingsong will never even see this article. But Gotway surely will, right?
  • Your article makes it sound like Gotways randomly switch off during riding and that would be a "well known problem". Which is 100% BS. And your excuse is, you say with that you meant that safety features can be disabled and then the motor will switch off at its max designed speed without a warning. You know, like all EUC motors, including Kingsong, because they can't magically accelerate indefinitely.
    Don't you think that's a little different - "You can disable all safety features and then the motor, like expected for any EUC, will switch off without warning at its max speed" vs. what your article makes it sound like? [Can you even disable the 80% alarm? I don't know.]
  • Now you do it again, in the answer:
    6 hours ago, Justina said:

Why are Gotways catching fire so often?

Oh, look, Gotways catch fire often! For example... that single, one time when massive physical damage punctured a battery pack and even then only one of the 3 20S parts actually burned, with the cells right next to it not burning. [edit: forgot to mention, it also fell into saltwater in the process] I guess "once" means "often".
    There's also an old picture of a totally burnt out KS18 floating around here, guess that means "Kingsongs catch fire often and then totally burn up in a huuuuge uncontrollable fire".
    Btw, these are the two, only EUC fire incidents I know of and posted here. The only ones. Pretending this is the same as the hoverboard fires fiasko (which were due to low quality battery cells) is dishonest, isn't it?
    If you meant "We don't like the Gotway shells, because one time a wheel burned after a heavy crash, so the batteries could be protected better against impacts", why didn't you write that instead? "Why are Gotways catching fire so often?". Really?

• Mentioning the oscillation issue (that is long fixed) like it's ongoing is just dishonest. Should we mention KS14B axle breakages and KS16 board problems from years ago now?

• As a generalization of that, your replies here are full with whataboutism. What someone did or did not do (like us here recommending Kingsongs often) has nothing to do with the contents of your article, which is what's being discussed here. Whether this discussion thread started with some PR or not is totally irrelevant. Etc.

• All the relativizing explanations are in replies here, which (unlike the article) nobody will ever see. Why aren't they in the article?

• Please stop mentioning that 2 year warranty without saying that this is by law, not special to your shop. Every seller of any good in the EU has that. You make it sound like it's an extra service. No big deal, but it does not make you look 100% honest.

• People on this forum sponsored by Gotway? Ok...:rolleyes: could you give an example? Seriously, you made that up. [I wish Gotway were competent enough for that, maybe then they would also build better wheels;)]

If you don't like how Gotway reacts (or rather, not reacts) to improvement suggestions or totally predictable problems, write about that. No surprise if a safety and repair concerned importer/seller gets ultra-frustrated by this do-nothing-until-we-absolutely-must mentality. (I personally certainly won't buy another high-performance Gotway until they massively ramp up their lackluster electronics, so I'm on the same page here.)

But that article wasn't that, not at all. Misleading at best, just plain lies at worst. With your history of biased content (not my personal opinion, I'm not alone with that), it just reads like a huge hit piece to spread FUD about Gotway and have people buy other wheels from you instead. A looooong text with no clear conclusion other than making people feel unsure about Gotways, FOX News style.

There's a reason so many other people here reacted so harshly, and I don't think it's not because you're right and everyone else is wrong (or because they are paid, lol).

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

[...] Oh, look, Gotways catch fire often! For example... that single, one time when massive physical damage punctured a battery pack and even then only one of the 3 20S parts actually burned, with the cells right next to it not burning. I guess "once" means "often".

There's also an old picture of a totally burnt out KS18 floating around here, guess that means "Kingsongs catch fire often and then totally burn up in a huuuuge uncontrollable fire".
Btw, these are the two, only EUC fire incidents I know of and posted here. The only ones.[...]

Oh, there is a third, the guy that crashed and succeeded in driving his ACM into a creek... :D 

Would like to own the EUC that could take a serious crash and then getting immersed in water without the batteries shorting. 

Archived