The Gotway Tesla 1020wh Model Open Box and Initial thoughts

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There's justified criticism, and there's pure made-up crap and libel, and this is definitely the latter. Don't worry about it. Worry about reliable problem reports, if there are any:efeebb3acc:

The problem is of course that they'll get away with it, since a lot of people will read the BS without anyone telling them differently.

Didn't know about this website being a KS seller, totally makes sense now.

But GW reputation doesn't help to prevent yourself from being very careful when choosing.

Thanks everyone!

1 minute ago, Scatcat said:

The problem is of course that they'll get away with it, since a lot of people will read the BS without anyone telling them differently.

exactly, thats why is so good to have this forum =)

Other KS sellers are fine, though. It's just them. Scammy liars. I know of 3 example of lies by now. This, the battery thing, the "I totally didn't know they'd plaster my boobs over our video thumbnails and am embarassed" statement (which I just don't believe).

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This article is FUD and a plain lie.

This is a Kingsong seller that always shits on Gotway and blows the (definitely existing) problems out of proportions or invents new ones. Seems to be their hobby, or they are Kingsong's hit men with plausible deniability of direct KS involvement?

This article is basically, "There are some Tesla delivery delays" and the rest is pulled out of their ass. And then they pretend "self-switching off" Gotways are a common problem, when in reality this just did never ever happen, not once. There's a reason Gotway is so popular, and it's certainly not that their EUCs randomly switch off just for shits and giggles.

I'm the last one to not criticize Gotway if there's something to criticize, but this is bure BS and quite frankly, if Gotway were a bigger or Western company, they'd already have sued these people for defamation. And probably won. This crap is far beyond any theoretically acceptable misguided-but-honest-intentions article. Plain lies.

The only thing this article does is show this seller is not honest or trustworthy, and  would recommend not buying from such people.

This is the first that I've seen this article. Wow, what a hit piece on Gotway. You can imagine I'm not too happy seeing my image in this article :furious:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

This is the first that I've seen this article. Wow, what a hit piece on Gotway. You can imagine I'm not too happy seeing my image in this article :furious:

So send them a message noting that it's your picture, and that they have no rights to use it...

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Other KS sellers are fine, though. It's just them. Scammy liars. I know of 3 example of lies by now. This, the battery thing, the "I totally didn't know they'd plaster my boobs over our video thumbnails and am embarassed" statement (which I just don't believe).

:laughbounce2:  Exactly. She knows what she's doing :)

1 minute ago, Scatcat said:

So send them a message noting that it's your picture, and that they have no rights to use it...

It's my YouTube video thumbnail and the article is just posting my YouTube video. So I can't really complain, but it doesn't making me happy (the guy who has Gotway proudly displayed on my head in all of my videos).

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought the same....they used your fine maintenance Video in a total other way than it was meant!

You should read the linked article, where they bash about the ACM, also.....it is really ridiculous

9 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I thought the same....they used your fine maintenance Video in a total other way than it was meant!

You should read the linked article, where they bash about the ACM, also.....it is really ridiculous

The more that I think about this, the more upset that I get. Unfortunately we know that many people will read that article and then never buy a Gotway because of it.

Justina, even with her low-cut blouses, will never get my attention again.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The more that I think about this, the more upset that I get. Unfortunately we know that many people will read that article and then never buy a Gotway because of it.

Justina, even with her low-cut blouses, will never get my attention again.

@Marty Backe – why don't you make a video rebuttal to the article? Your videos are better anyway, and I think that could be an effective way to state clearly that your videos were misused. Maybe the other Gotway riders on this site could add short commentaries (parodies?) you could include. 

11 minutes ago, litewave said:

@Marty Backe – why don't you make a video rebuttal to the article? Your videos are better anyway, and I think that could be an effective way to state clearly that your videos were misused. Maybe the other Gotway riders on this site could add short commentaries (parodies?) you could include. 

That's a nice idea but would take too much time. I'd rather be out riding :D

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Add an annotation to the video, telling people that electricunicycles.eu use your video as a Gotway fan to smear Gotways name, and that you find it disrespectful. Do it and don't tell them...

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You could change your video's title with Youtube's online editing tool

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Great idea.

"electricunicycles.eu lie to you by misleadingly using this video to smear Gotway. Don't buy from them."

I guess that would make them think twice about misusing other peoples videos :D 

Well I'm a history buff, and Gotway makes me think of Fokker during WW1. Fokker was a very happy-go-lucky person in his approach to building aircraft. To the point of sending a sample airplanes to Albatross for licence building rather than normal blueprints, like: "What's a blueprint?"

He was an entrepreneur and opportunist, with no idea even of the meaning of QC. But at the same time his factories built some of the most capable and visionary aircraft of the era. They may have been put together with the contemporary equivalent of duct-tape and hot glue, and sometimes the wings rotted from inside, but damn what they could do!

12 hours ago, marrrkyyy said:

Hey all!

Greetings from Singapore.

We have a group shipment of 5 Tesla coming in next week.

Cant wait to ride it! Will be changing from the KS16S!

Happy to report the GW tesla with some videos :D

Hiya!

I'm from Singapore too.

Just got my Tesla.

Coming from a V8, I can now freely go past 30 kph ... hooray!

Its surprisingly more responsive than an MSuper V3 i.e. just like a heavier V8 ... nice!

I miss my V8's slim waistline though ... *sniff* *sniff*

This is my Tesla, protected by a 3rd-party V8 transparent cover ... sweet!

20171027_185820.jpg

6 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Well I'm a history buff, and Gotway makes me think of Fokker during WW1. Fokker was a very happy-go-lucky person in his approach to building aircraft. To the point of sending a sample airplanes to Albatross for licence building rather than normal blueprints, like: "What's a blueprint?"

He was an entrepreneur and opportunist, with no idea even of the meaning of QC. But at the same time his factories built some of the most capable and visionary aircraft of the era. They may have been put together with the contemporary equivalent of duct-tape and hot glue, and sometimes the wings rotted from inside, but damn what they could do!

Great analogy, and story :cheers:

Just wanna tell Marty that the Soft mode of the MSV3S+ and the Leisure mode of the Tesla are vastly different. The MS's Soft is really soft i.e. I can dip the pedals a lot and the ride is really plush while the Tesla's Leisure setting is still pretty reactive and harsher. Next, because there's more torque from the Tesla, its Sports mode actually feels harder than the V8. In short, I'm happy the Tesla is as responsive as the V8, yet can go much faster.

27 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Just wanna tell Marty that the Soft mode of the MSV3S+ and the Leisure mode of the Tesla are vastly different. The MS's Soft is really soft i.e. I can dip the pedals a lot and the ride is really plush while the Tesla's Leisure setting is still pretty reactive and harsher. Next, because there's more torque from the Tesla, its Sports mode actually feels harder than the V8. In short, I'm happy the Tesla is as responsive as the V8, yet can go much faster.

The Sports mode in the Mten3 is also very hard. I am tempted to get a Tesla, and it's great the hear about the Sports mode being so responsive. Thanks.

Archived