Tishawn Fahie

The Gotway Tesla 1020wh Model Open Box and Initial thoughts

9 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

While i really seldom go much over 30kmh-35kmh...it would really bother me to run into the tiltback all the time on the V8.

The other day, I almost dropped off the back of my V8, coz in a hurry to dash across a stretch of road to reach my destination before a truck rolled over me, I accelerated into extreme tiltback within a second or two. Thus, likewise, I'd rather give up on conveniences like the below-handle-button and the locking trolley just so I could go much faster and get myself out of danger (instead of into it). My Tesla's coming at the end of the month.

9 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I noticed something interesting when reading the french forum about their early impressions of the Tesla- remember when Tishaun kept saying that he swears that the Tesla has shock absorbers?  I discounted it as an anecdotal impression that I probably wouldn't hear repeated by others.  Well, the first poster to provide detailed impressions of the Tesla on the french forum makes a similar observation about the ability of the Tesla to handle rough sections of road/terrain. 

I think there was some speculation that Gotway may have quietly improved their firmware to give the Tesla this particular characteristic.  I was just doing some reading and Jason from ewheels pointed out that Gotway upgraded their axles for the Tesla compared to the ACM/MSuper.  My new guess is that it's the upgraded axles that are the source of the improved ride comfort. 

Probably, you  have read what I wrote on french forum. Yes, I can tell you that there is really something with the Tesla about shock absorption. On ACM and Msuper3, these new gotway pedals hurt a lot my feet. On Tesla, until now I have no foot suffering. That's incredible ! I've forgotten to say that I'm one of Gotway France Tesla beta tester 

Looks like there might be extra foam padding on the sides like the ACM?

Quote from the video author's comments:  "At that stage of my testing, I like it very much. That doesn't mean that everybody shoud like it as well. If you're looking for a light wheel, small wheel, thin wheel the Tesla is not for you; The gotway tesla is large, one can find this uncomfortable. I think after few hours of riding you will forget how large it is. In my view, the gotway Tesla is confortable, stable, fast, easy to maneuver (in comparison to similar wheels). Anyway be careful, people told me that the original pads are not comfortable. The model I'm testing is equiped with ACM pads. The final version will have something else. So it's wise to wait for the final version."

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Looks like there might be extra foam padding on the sides like the ACM?

Quote from the video author's comments:  "At that stage of my testing, I like it very much. That doesn't mean that everybody shoud like it as well. If you're looking for a light wheel, small wheel, thin wheel the Tesla is not for you; The gotway tesla is large, one can find this uncomfortable. I think after few hours of riding you will forget how large it is. In my view, the gotway Tesla is confortable, stable, fast, easy to maneuver (in comparison to similar wheels). Anyway be careful, people told me that the original pads are not comfortable. The model I'm testing is equiped with ACM pads. The final version will have something else. So it's wise to wait for the final version."

This square pads ACM style....are not there on the selling version...see tishawn video...

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

This square pads ACM style....are not there on the selling version...see tishawn video...

Tishawn's model was a prototype. I emailed these guys and they said these came from the shop like this.  I wonder if Gotway decided to add the pads after complaints of discomfort.  I guess we will find out soon when more arrive in people's hands.

25 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Tishawn's model was a prototype. I emailed these guys and they said these came from the shop like this.  I wonder if Gotway decided to add the pads after complaints of discomfort.  I guess we will find out soon when more arrive in people's hands.

yip, we will find out....Koto said his wheel and so his pads were also prototype version (all french people reviewer tested the same wheel :-) ) and on the finished product something else will pop up.

I hope so, as i am no fan of this wide pads....

Edited by KingSong69

Does anyone know how to read Chinese? it's just to reassure, about a Tesla Gotway that cleared the smoke after an off-road ascent. whether it is an isolated case or not. the Google translation is not very good.

thank you in advance to the one who will manage to translate better than the translation of Google :D 

problem reported : https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5372462955?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=0&bdid=&pn=0&

Video : http://partner.tieba.com/mo/q/movideo/page?thumbnail_url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgsrc.baidu.com%2Fforum%2Fpic%2Fitem%2F970a304e251f95ca380362d5c2177f3e660952db.jpg&video_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftb-video.bdstatic.com%2Ftieba-smallvideo%2F10_aeeac2b4bf0640da639d538d98200ffa.mp4&product=tieba-movideo

reaction of a seller : https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5373593910?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=0&bdid=&pn=0&

Edited by Stanor

I would be curious to see the video of the ride that killed the GW Tesla.  It's probably going up some prolonged, steep mountain climb I'm guessing.  Capacitors do tend to get hot along with the MOSFETs as seen in Jason McNeil's FLIR video.

:mellow:The video cause a big arguement in the forum of Tieba and later the video is deleted by somebody.Many people hear the vocie that capacitances is damaged.

9 hours ago, Sketch said:

As I know for the casing on both of side is heat and grind the leg,so they upgrade the design .

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I would be curious to see the video of the ride that killed the GW Tesla.  It's probably going up some prolonged, steep mountain climb I'm guessing.  Capacitors do tend to get hot along with the MOSFETs as seen in Jason McNeil's FLIR video.

Capacitors did not get hot...but on very high stress the wire to the capacitor might get burned....even then when it is badly soldered to the board.

@zlymex

Ok, i can draw my conclusions then :-)

But:

Than just let me ask why you can not say more....are you (or your friends) one of the beta testers for Gotway??

Than it would be ok to say nothing more....because if not: It looks like Gotway has something to hide!

Edited by KingSong69

34 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@zlymex

Ok, i can draw my conclusions then :-)

But:

Than just let me ask why you can not say more....are you (or your friends) one of the beta testers for Gotway??

Than it would be ok to say nothing more....because if not: It looks like Gotway has something to hide!

Based on what @zlymex wrote I was even afraid to ask what you just did :cry2:   So thanks for the question @KingSong69. Why all the secrecy? I hate secrecy - just lay all the cards on the table.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Based on what @zlymex wrote I was even afraid to ask what you just did :cry2:   So thanks for the question @KingSong69. Why all the secrecy? I hate secrecy - just lay all the cards on the table.

Yip, a post loke this...”can not speak here”...makes it even worse.

I have no problems on first batches wheels need fine tuning, but hiding something gets a bad mood

Just now, KingSong69 said:

Yip, a post loke this...”can not speak here”...makes it even worse.

I have no problems on first batches wheels need fine tuning, but hiding something gets a bad mood

Particularly when you're waiting to receive the wheel that they're talking about. Good luck @KingSong69 :whistling:

7 hours ago, zlymex said:

59e77ee205bb7_webwxgetmsgimg(34mc).thumb.jpg.cb4c981466218114a086f55a3ed680b3.jpg

Does no one ride a KingSong in the group?  :blink:  Or do they tend to overheat way too early to get up the mountainside?  Come to think of it, you don't see too many KS18's or 16's going up hill climbs except for maybe @Flash (who is no longer on the forums) that I've seen.

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Does no one ride a KingSong in the group?  :blink:  Or do they tend to overheat way too early to get up the mountainside?  Come to think of it, you don't see too many KS18's or 16's going up hill climbs except for maybe @Flash (who is no longer on the forums) that I've seen.

KingSong just doesn't have the same rabid fanbase as Gotway. The KingSong fanboys are more pedestrian in their wheel usage. Gotway men use their wheels to the fullest potential which sometimes results in a temporary defeat. :D

Looking at one of the links, I come up with this from presumably one of the Tesla test drivers:

"This spark is a capacitor electrolytic out, not burn the motherboard, please believe tesla quality."

Isn't that a Kingsong  18 something laying on it's side in the photo? 

Edited by steve454

I think those are modified/padded Msuper V2s most likely.  You can tell by the reverse curves in the shell and flat side profiles.  The one wishes it will grow up to be a Gotway Monster someday.  :whistling:

Ew :smartass:, Isaberg is only a couple of kilometres up at a 6.6% grade.

http://www.climbbybike.com/climbmobile.asp?Col=Isaberg&qryMountainID=12703

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love