The Gotway Tesla 1020wh Model Open Box and Initial thoughts

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the effort you put into these videos, Tishawn.  Your first Tesla video almost got me to go over-budget to buy one.  I wish I had your production skills.   

It was revealed that 31 mp/h is the top comfortable speed of the Tesla.  I was surprised that Tishawn views the Tesla as a significant upgrade over even the ACM.  

Sorry Marty, we're going to have to get you to take one for the team here and order one of these to get your insight compared to other Gotway models.  :D

I could see the Tesla being my next wheel.  Hoping that no major issues crop up in the coming while. 

4 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Tishawn Fahie's video review II:

Doesn't this have the same light as the Mten3? He's says it's not really that bright. What??? The Mten3 light is amazingly bright.  I can ride 20mph in total darkness without struggling at all to see everything in front of me.

He says it has more redundant features. ??????

8 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Tishawn Fahie's video review II:

Good video, nice to see you starting to wear some protection :), Not sure I'm seeing this as an upgrade to msuper v3s+ (its bigger/ taller, less battery and only 16" which means it will Not absorb the road imperfections as well as 18").  Please explain further what you mean about more safe, redundant comparing to other wheels!

5 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Good video, nice to see you starting to wear some protection :), Not sure I'm seeing this as an upgrade to msuper v3s+ (its bigger/ taller, less battery and only 16" which means it will Not absorb the road imperfections as well as 18").  Please explain further what you mean about more safe, redundant comparing to other wheels!

BTW, Tishawn didn't post this video so it's unlikely that he'll see your comment. You'll probably need to go to his YouTube channel to post anything where you would like a response.

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, Tishawn didn't post this video so it's unlikely that he'll see your comment. You'll probably need to go to his YouTube channel to post anything where you would like a response.

Yeah. Try Gotway America (Facebook) or the actual Youtube video page to clarify your questions. I got a few of mine answered by Tishawn Fahie & Brad Webster.

8 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Thanks for the effort you put into these videos, Tishawn.  Your first Tesla video almost got me to go over-budget to buy one.  I wish I had your production skills.   

It was revealed that 31 mp/h is the top comfortable speed of the Tesla.  I was surprised that Tishawn views the Tesla as a significant upgrade over even the ACM.  

Sorry Marty, we're going to have to get you to take one for the team here and order one of these to get your insight compared to other Gotway models.  :D

I could see the Tesla being my next wheel.  Hoping that no major issues crop up in the coming while. 

thank you so much for your kind words - Trust me - before I got the Msuper V3 I favored the ACM!  I never had the ACM S+ so i'm going off the 860 model. The tesla is very good for sharp turns - something the ACM pales in -(do to how close to the ground they are) - range and speed, also excels on the Tesla.  Built in trolley and brighter lights to name a few. I hope this helps. The motor is also abit more power full and you can feel it.

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Believe me when I tell you it's one of those things where you have to try it to feel it. - While it's bigger, it weighs less, (tad bit faster), it's not top heavy so you dont feel the weight when riding.   and even though there isnt any shock absorption - anyone who rode the wheel all left with the same feeling - it does very well with bumps and such. I'm not sure how to describe it.  As far as redundant - I may have used the wrong word - there were early reports of overheating - on pervious models, i'm assuming its why they put the fans in place to exhaust the heat. I guess it's the same thought process with the monster. While these things are little things i feel if added together their small upgrades that mean alot. I hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Doesn't this have the same light as the Mten3? He's says it's not really that bright. What??? The Mten3 light is amazingly bright.  I can ride 20mph in total darkness without struggling at all to see everything in front of me.

He says it has more redundant features. ??????

yeah I used the wrong wording - meant to say a bit safer - I really suck at talking into the camera - i get very shy... safer do to the fans put into place to exahust the heat. I think in my video I did say the Tesla & Mten has the same bulb. I honestly feel like while their improved their still not usable.. there were many times where cracks and bumps went un-noticed at night while riding.. then again it could just be me - this is just my opinion of course. I hope this helps!!

Yeah, that shock-absorbing quality of the Tesla that you observed is something that really stood out to me in your other video.  I found it very interesting that it was something that struck you noticeably given your experience with different wheels.  Doesn't seem to something obvious like tire pressure or shocks, etc...

I know you got to compare the Tesla to the Rockwheel GT16, but I would love to hear your impressions of the Tesla compared to the King Song 16S if you ever get the chance to try one. 

While you're checking in here, it's always bothered me that you only got like 12 miles on your V8.  I know you attributed it to riding at the limiter the whole time, but I still feel like you should have got more out of it.  I'm going to be really disappointed if my V8 has similar range. 

5 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Yeah, that shock-absorbing quality of the Tesla that you observed is something that really stood out to me in your other video.  I found it very interesting that it was something that struck you noticeably given your experience with different wheels.  Doesn't seem to something obvious like tire pressure or shocks, etc...

I know you got to compare the Tesla to the Rockwheel GT16, but I would love to hear your impressions of the Tesla compared to the King Song 16S if you ever get the chance to try one. 

While you're checking in here, it's always bothered me that you only got like 12 miles on your V8.  I know you attributed it to riding at the limiter the whole time, but I still feel like you should have got more out of it.  I'm going to be really disappointed if my V8 has similar range. 

yeah it's so weird.... it really stand out -  it may just be the type of tire - I have no idea but i've never felt it in any other wheel. I will try to get my hands on the King Song 16S.  My wife loves the V8!  She rides but not as much. I think there a bit over 12 miles on it now lol. Regardless it's still the most advance wheel out there - in my opinion as far as features go. That button under the handle to stop the wheel from spinning is awesome! the app also allows a bunch loads of customizations!

51 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

@steve454 Please forgive me... I'm usually very active on the forums...  You wont believe how much things I'm juggling and still find time to shoot video.. I will go through all the questions and answer them.

Sorry, I just think you have a lot of fans on the forum and your video and riding skills are amazing!  That drone shot rising above the wheels was great!  Thanks again, and best wishes to you!  Please forgive me also.  

48 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Believe me when I tell you it's one of those things where you have to try it to feel it. - While it's bigger, it weighs less, (tad bit faster), it's not top heavy so you dont feel the weight when riding.   and even though there isnt any shock absorption - anyone who rode the wheel all left with the same feeling - it does very well with bumps and such. I'm not sure how to describe it.  As far as redundant - I may have used the wrong word - there were early reports of overheating - on pervious models, i'm assuming its why they put the fans in place to exhaust the heat. I guess it's the same thought process with the monster. While these things are little things i feel if added together their small upgrades that mean alot. I hope this helps.

thank you, I hope I can get a chance to test it before trading tesla for my msuper v3s+.......

On 9/21/2017 at 5:34 PM, Goodman said:

But but the gotway's msuper and monster omg I know there has been a lot of terrible issues with gotway. What can I say I just love these heavy dangerous wheels there's just something about them. Speed power range comfort the other 3 can't compare my friend agrees with me 100%.

I agree. I have the KS16s, the KS14c, but also the MS3Vs, and the MS is completely bonkers, more a big fast (dangerous) motorized scooter than a micro transport device like the KS16. It's fantastic Gotway made such a wheel, and now the Tesla.

1 hour ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

yeah I used the wrong wording - meant to say a bit safer - I really suck at talking into the camera - i get very shy... safer do to the fans put into place to exahust the heat. I think in my video I did say the Tesla & Mten has the same bulb. I honestly feel like while their improved their still not usable.. there were many times where cracks and bumps went un-noticed at night while riding.. then again it could just be me - this is just my opinion of course. I hope this helps!!

Fair enough. For me the light is astounding, and someone can correct me but no other wheel on the market has a light as bright as the Tesla/Mten3.

Hey Tishawn,  Many thanks for all your effort on this, we are obviously obsessed and curious about any new wheel out on the market. As mentioned your video was excellent.. production, commentary and all. 

“I know you got to compare the Tesla to the Rockwheel GT16”, any thoughts on comparing them that you can share?

thanks, mark

Those interested in the GT16 V2 may wanna know that this reviewer already thinks its a much more stable wheel than the KS16S. Tesla should be likewise, plus having the integrated trolley. I don't know, but I'm guessing GT16 may be a tad more stable than Tesla (looking at the battery placement). GT16 V2 motor should be 2000W (3000W peak) while Tesla's should be 1900W (4000W peak). Well, correct me if I"m wrong. TQ.

@Tishawn Fahie Once again thanks for your videos.  I really enjoy your reviews.  I never thought I would have interest in the Tesla until I saw your review.  Can you compare the pedal hardness compared to the ACM.  I always thought the Gotways were a little soft even on the hardest setting and was wondering if the Tesla was any different.  Thanks again.

20 hours ago, Sketch said:

@Tishawn Fahie Once again thanks for your videos.  I really enjoy your reviews.  I never thought I would have interest in the Tesla until I saw your review.  Can you compare the pedal hardness compared to the ACM.  I always thought the Gotways were a little soft even on the hardest setting and was wondering if the Tesla was any different.  Thanks again.

As I know the pedal of Tesla is hard and same as ACM.What's more its design also like MCM plus.More detail you can visit Baidut froum.https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=电动独轮车&fr=index

21 hours ago, Sketch said:

@Tishawn Fahie Can you compare the pedal hardness compared to the ACM.  I always thought the Gotways were a little soft even on the hardest setting and was wondering if the Tesla was any different.  Thanks again.

Going by the site Barry Chan provided, a Google translate of "昨天骑着兜了一圈,踏板好硬,跟v8一样硬,不过延用泰坦的大踏板还是舒服的" seems to indicate "

Yesterday riding a circle, pedal hard, as hard as v8, but with the Titan's big pedal or comfortable" i.e. harder and more responsive than ACM.

23 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

“I know you got to compare the Tesla to the Rockwheel GT16”, any thoughts on comparing them that you can share?

Again, via Barry Chan's link, a GT16 guy wrote his thoughts on how it compares to the Tesla: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5336590842

12 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Again, via Barry Chan's link, a GT16 guy wrote his thoughts on how it compares to the Tesla: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5336590842

A brief Google translate of the GT16 guy comparing it to Tesla:

"Something about Tesla looking huge, like an 18 incher, but strangely feels lighter than GT16. Front headlight, while rather weak in Lumen power, is bright enough and better than GT16. Narrow beam though. Integrated trolley looks weak and thin but seems to hold up upon use. Seems ok but not sure how long it will last. Lift test cutoff for both about the same (60-68 kph?). Initial ride – feel pain at shin, especially with single-leg riding. But after a while, pain goes away. Agility is moderate. High speed runs feel more stable than GT16. GT16 feels safe up to 40 kph. Tesla feels safe even beyond 45 kph."

Archived