Worried my Gotway Mten purchase may go sour - Edit: Joy follows pain :-)

Tilmann

I had the same problem on my mten2.  The battery pack would not hold a proper charge after riding it the first few times.  Factory warranted the battery and the new battery works great now.  Shipping back to china was expensive and many carriers would not ship lithium.  I was charged an import tax for shipping the core back.  But glad it is working now. 

Hey guys, if you have any issues, I know the guys from tokatron.com are closely associated with the owners of Gotway. they might be able to help resolve some of the issues mentioned on here and even get you competitive prices. 

Thanks @Ben Ryan, while communications remain a bit of a challenge, all problems were solved eventually. Good to know, you can help to get the message across when needed :). And thanks for the offer!

I had the same problem on my mten2.  The battery pack would not hold a proper charge after riding it the first few times.  Factory warranted the battery and the new battery works great now.  Shipping back to china was expensive and many carriers would not ship lithium.  I was charged an import tax for shipping the core back.  But glad it is working now. 

Luckily, I was referred to a repair shop in country (good 'ol 1RadWerkstatt) and GotWay agreed to cover the charges to replace the battery at their expense. For a moderate surcharge, I arranged replacement of the 340Wh block with 412Wh cells. Looking forward to it's return on Monday.

Archived