UNO BOLT Headed to Hollywood

Rehab1

While researching electronic braking methods for EUCs I can across the UNO Bolt which is due to be released to the public in December 2017 ( yes it does have electronic braking).

4NucZ42.jpg

Interestingly James Cameron's Hollywood production company got a jump on the public and purchased the V2 from the inventor Sean Chan. The V2 is the second version of the UNO Bolt, which was never released to the public. So why does James Cameron need a UNO Bolt ? Rumor has it the Bolt will be used in his upoming movie,  Alita: Battle Angels, coming out next year. I can only imagine what the UNO Bolt will look like when the Hollywood prop designers are done customizing it being the movie is set in the 26th century. 

From what I've read the story takes place 300 years after a societal collapse caused by a major war (way beyond Trump days). In that society, it's a technological dark age following a pinnacle of achievement far beyond where we are right now. Cyborg technology is a way of life. People are augmented a lot as workers, so being a cyborg is not unusual. The main character of the movie is a cyborg. She has an organic human brain, and she looks like she's about fourteen years old. She has a completely artificial body.  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love is going to love this movie!:P  She is found in a wreckage and reconstituted by a cyber-surgeon (Obama Care survives) who then becomes her surrogate father.

eilP3VA.jpg

It would be nice if an Inmotion, Gotway, Kingsong or other EUC appeared on the big screen in the near future. For now just having having @Marty Backe and his gang pose next to the Hollywood sign is just fine.

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

While researching electronic braking methods for EUCs I can across the UNO Bolt which is due to be released to the public in December 2017 ( yes it does have electronic braking).

4NucZ42.jpg

Interestingly James Cameron's Hollywood production company got a jump on the public and purchased the V2 from the inventor Sean Chan. The V2 is the second version of the UNO Bolt, which was never released to the public. So why does James Cameron need a UNO Bolt for? Rumor has it the Bolt will be in his upoming movie,  Alita: Battle Angels, coming out next year. I can only imagine what the UNO Bolt will look like when the Hollywood prop designers are done customizing it being the movie is set in the 26th century. 

From what I've read the story takes place 300 years after a societal collapse caused by a major war (way beyond Trump days). In that society, it's a technological dark age following a pinnacle of achievement far beyond where we are right now. Cyborg technology is a way of life. People are augmented a lot as workers, so being a cyborg is not unusual. The main character of the movie is a cyborg. She has an organic human brain, and she looks like she's about fourteen years old. She has a completely artificial body.  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ia going to love this movie!:P  She is found in a wreckage and reconstituted by a cyber-surgeon (Obama Care survives) who then becomes her surrogate father.

eilP3VA.jpg

It would be nice if an Inmotion, Gotway, Kingsong or other EUC appeared on the big screen in the near future. For now just having having @Marty Backe and his gang pose next to the Hollywood sign is just fine.

That's good to hear, if James Cameron is making the movie, it is likely to be a blockbuster and everyone will see it.  A movie based on Anime is the perfect place to have an EUC!

18 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

4NucZ42.jpg

Interestingly James Cameron's Hollywood production company got a jump on the public and purchased the V2 from the inventor Sean Chan. The V2 is the second version of the UNO Bolt, which was never released to the public. So why does James Cameron need a UNO Bolt for? Rumor has it the Bolt will be in his upoming movie,  Alita: Battle Angels, coming out next year. I can only imagine what the UNO Bolt will look like when the Hollywood prop designers are done customizing it being the movie is set in the 26th century. 

From what I've read the story takes place 300 years after a societal collapse caused by a major war (way beyond Trump days). In that society, it's a technological dark age following a pinnacle of achievement far beyond where we are right now. Cyborg technology is a way of life. People are augmented a lot as workers, so being a cyborg is not unusual. The main character of the movie is a cyborg. She has an organic human brain, and she looks like she's about fourteen years old. She has a completely artificial body.  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ia going to love this movie!:P  She is found in a wreckage and reconstituted by a cyber-surgeon (Obama Care survives) who then becomes her surrogate father.

eilP3VA.jpg

I love your description of that movie - Obama, Trump, Hunka, etc. :laughbounce2:

EDIT: The UNO looks cool, but these things typically go about 7mph, which kills it for me :(

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

EDIT: The UNO looks cool, but these things typically go about 7mph, which kills it for me :(

Much faster than 7 mph! According to their site:

The Uno Bolt is powered by a 1000W motor capable of reaching a top speed of 35 km/h (22 mph). it weighs 20 kilograms (45 pounds) and has the ability to incline to a maximum of 45 degrees. it is equipped with a 4.4 Ah lithium battery that can be recharged in just 45 minutes and it offers a range of up to 40 kilometers (25 miles). all this combined with its chubby tire that promises to climb even a rocky hill.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

That's good to hear, if James Cameron is making the movie, it is likely to be a blockbuster and everyone will see it.  A movie based on Anime is the perfect place to have an EUC!

Unfortunately once Cameron's technical designers get their hands on the UB it will become unrecognizable in the movie.

24 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I wished we lived in the future with all these slim girls because now they just seem so...wide.

Your state of Missouri has an average bmi of 30. I have a doctor in the family who worked in a STL hospital when someone of 300-500 lbs went down they would say "we have a Missouri medium in need of stretcher wheelchair.- They call them mediums, because they have separate chairs for the 600-900lb-ers. God help the nurse who needs to push that. Can I get a kingsong to help those nurses with the torque?

33 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Your state of Missouri has an average bmi of 30. I have a doctor in the family who worked in a STL hospital when someone of 300-500 lbs went down they would say "we have a Missouri medium in need of stretcher wheelchair.- They call them mediums, because they have separate chairs for the 600-900lb-ers. God help the nurse who needs to push that. Can I get a kingsong to help those nurses with the torque?

Gotta ;)love those polically correct code words!

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Much faster than 7 mph! According to their site:

The Uno Bolt is powered by a 1000W motor capable of reaching a top speed of 35 km/h (22 mph). it weighs 20 kilograms (45 pounds) and has the ability to incline to a maximum of 45 degrees. it is equipped with a 4.4 Ah lithium battery that can be recharged in just 45 minutes and it offers a range of up to 40 kilometers (25 miles). all this combined with its chubby tire that promises to climb even a rocky hill.

Unfortunately once Cameron's technical designers get their hands on the UB it will become unrecognizable in the movie.

Wow, I stand corrected. Those are impressive stats. With the handlebar in front, doesn't that spell disaster during a potential cutout at high speeds?

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, I stand corrected. Those are impressive stats. With the handlebar in front, doesn't that spell disaster during a potential cutout at high speeds?

Yes the handle bars could be a problem at cutout as it might make it difficult to roll. I can your hands getting smashed.

• 10 months later...

No love for the Mini by Uno Bolt. Sadly, only 1 backer on Indiegogo last I checked. ☹️

(Most likely due to bad reviews of Kiwano K01 and similar pogo style unicycles...)

The company appears to be local. I wonder how many Uno Bolt's are cruising around Sarasota and Venice Beach in Florida. :confused1:

Archived