Sign in to follow this  
panda

Ips 132 clicking sound

Hi, i got the ips 132, and recently I noticed when travelling close to the top speed I hear a quiet clicking sound.

Its almost unnoticeable, but I'm worried this is the prelude to something else.

Can someone shed some light this matter? Thanks!

Is it the 16" Wheel,  IPS have released two different versions of the 132:unsure:? A fairly common problem is that the bent valve can get into contact with the side of the case, you might want to check this first. 

Edited by Jason McNeil

After inspecting the cap, I can determine that it was not the cause. As if it was the case, there would be marks on either the case or cap.

The clicking only happens when travelling near top speed, ie just slow enough so the warning sound kicks in.

I wonder if it's something internal. 

Definitely sounds mechanical, like something scraping the sides. Can you get in touch with the party who sold you the eWheel?

Thanks Jason, just thought I'd leave some feedback here.

So I still wasn't sure what went wrong in there, but thankfully Jason managed to change a few parts to get it running smoothly again. I can recommend anyone to find Jason in UK.

As a note; I'm not sure why exactly but after the fix, the EUC seems to travel faster and have weaker braking. Overall its still 100% great though! :)

Oh one more question for the general public, one of the pedals don't stay upright when I have it retracted. (It keeps coming loose a little and sticks out about 4cm more than the other side). I've tried tightening the screws up, but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?:huh:

Thanks again Jason for the awsome job!