Inmotion V8 - Plastic piece of front rubbing against wheel

Stefan Karl

Hello everyone,

Not too long ago I bought my first electric unicycle and have been loving it so far. However, the other day I was riding my wheel on a sidewalk with lots of leafs and therefore didn't notice the uneven terrain. Long story short, I lost balance, had to jump off the wheel and the wheel itself kept going for another 2-3 meters before slamming into a wall. 

I now have a piece of the plastic on the inside of the frame rubbing against the wheel and I don't know how to fix it.

What is your recommendation? Can I fix it myself or do I need professional help? And where would you go here in London?

I attached a picture to visualize the problem. 

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Stefan

IMG_4490.JPG

I would take the wheel apart to get a better idea of what is damaged and if the damage compromises anything such as water resistance.  Looks like you could just glue the cracked piece back on (epoxy or CA glue) once the wheel is apart.

The below video is one way to take the wheel apart.

@Stefan Karl , from the picture and your description of the accident, it appears that you've smashed up the front fender on your V8.  Swapping out the broken fender for a new one is a simple repair.  

Fenders seem to be sold in pairs, so you'll probably have to buy both.  I'm in the U.S., so I would buy from here: https://www.ewheels.com/product/v8-set-of-center-plastic-panel-bits/, but I'm sure there's a corresponding UK source for V8 parts.  Or you could buy from China here if you don't mind the wait: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/253086350064?chn=ps&dispItem=1.  

Watch @Justina 's video for instructions on how to remove both outer shells.  Just take off the shells, don't worry about the rest of the disassembly.  Once they are out of the way, you'll see that the fenders are held in place by several Phillips head screws around the edges.  Remove the screws and the fenders will slide off.  Screw on the new fender(s), put the outer shells back on, and you're done.  

Archived