Final reminder about Paris 1st Oct / Car Free Day!

Paddylaz

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2017 at 7:29 PM, nute said:

I think i can make it work but won't book a ticket until I can be reasonably certain it won't be pissing down on the day. Ill probably get the eurostar out on saturday and return either Sunday night or Monday. 

How are you all meeting up? Is there a french web link anyone can give me?

If you're booking Eurostar, book it on Eurostar Snap (snap.eurostar.com).

I've used it many times and it's awesome. Much cheaper than booking an actual train time. The only catch is you can only select 'morning' or 'afternoon' on whatever day you want and you only find out the precise train time 48hrs in advance.

I'm going to go for instance on Friday 'afternoon.' So I'll find out my specific train time on the Wednesday. Sometimes the tickets are as cheap as £20.

Thanks, Ill have a look. All being well ill be getting there Saturday afternoon. Accommodation is booked, staying just over the river from the start point. 

Are you guys meeting up prior to the meet at 10.30am? I'll post my mobile before we go & be good to meet up and put faces to names. Leaving Monday morning.

As I only have 480w/h of battery and a std charger ill need to charge at some point.

5 minutes ago, nute said:

Thanks, Ill have a look. All being well ill be getting there Saturday afternoon. Accommodation is booked, staying just over the river from the start point. 

Are you guys meeting up prior to the meet at 10.30am? I'll post my mobile before we go & be good to meet up and put faces to names. Leaving Monday morning.

As I only have 480w/h of battery and a std charger ill need to charge at some point.

We set up a WhatsApp group with @meepmeepmayer, @Paddylaz, Alex Segmüller and myself in it. Please PM your mobile number an I put you on the list.

4 minutes ago, nute said:

Accommodation is booked, staying just over the river from the start point.

Nice!

You don't need to charge for a 15km route, but afterwards, no problem making breaks when some people need to charge.

I assume we (me, Alex, Tilmann) will go right from our place to the meeting point (~7 km or so), but no plans yet. We can meet up before if you like.

480Wh = V8? I'll bring my 84V 1.5A Gotway charger (4 pin) and two-input charge doctor with me anyways, so maybe we can combine chargers for the smaller battery wheels for a faster charge.

Might be worth it for other to bring all their chargers, doctors etc. so other people can use them.

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

480Wh = V8? I'll bring my 84V 1.5A Giotway charger (4 oin) and two-input charge doctor with me anyways, so maybe we can combine chargers for the smaller battery wheels.

For all I know, GotWay 84V and inmotion 84V chargers have incompatible plugs (the one on the V8 is smaller).

My wheel is a V8, I think they are a three pin charge input but will have to check. I did wonder if I could carry my Lhotz in a backpack :D

Im not exactly a lightweight either so I'll need to stop for coffee/beer and a charge every so often...

Hi all. Looks like I'm coming to Paris from 30th Sept to 1st Oct. Sure will be good to meet some of you.

@Tilmann, I sent you a pm for the whatsapp group.

Not sure I'll be doing the course with you, but will be happy to meet at some waypoint anyway. I've downloaded the map of the course, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be riding my KS16b 680wh, and my wife the InMotion V3S.

Coolio! One more! Why not do the "official" course? V3S too slow? Lots of people, lots of time, the pure direct route riding time is only very short.

--

My tip for all: after riding the last few days in the cold (10°C) and some rain, you should bring:

• Woolen hat that is wind tight (or something wind tight over it, like the hood of a rain jacket)
  • Warm gloves
  • Wind tight jacket
  • Maybe even a scarf (really)... definitely also a scarf!

Don't underestimate how quickly the speed will make it cold, and how cold you'll feel with the wind even in moderate temperatures, on every unprotected spot of your body. It's not like walking, people were out today in shirts only, but I was riding fully wrapped up. You need wind tight stuff unless you want to go into a cafe every 20 minutes.

Regular jeans work fine, though, and the wind dries them fast if they get wet;) I'll still probably bring full rain gear (aka pants and jacket).

I'm thinking optimistic thoughts, no rain, no rain, it will be dry, nice and dry.....

On past performance tho, I offer no guarantees :D

If its really pissing down I'll be checking out the patisseries, all of them.

It's more about the temperatures. You'll eventually freeze to an icycle in anything below 15°C without warm/winter/wind-protection clothes, really, due to the wind from riding.

Woolen hat is the absolute minimum.

Just saying, if you would not go out in -5°C in your riding clothes, you would not ride in them in 10°C temps.

Just sent the following PM to @Hansolo, but might as well post this publicly here:

Hey, may I ask you a question?

I and some others from Germany and UK/Spain will meet up in Paris Saturday evening (20:00 maybe?)and we need a nice meeting place (bar or restaurant, some food would be nice but mostly for meeting all the group people who want to) [you're invited too if you want:) maybe we can also organize a bigger EUC rider meetup for everyone in Paris Saturday evening, that would be great!] Do you have any recommendation or tips where to start? We may very well be 10 or 15 people, so do you know if we need a reservation?

TLDR: How about a EUC rider meetup/dinner (evening) on Saturday evening for everyone who is interested, maybe also the French riders, there must be a lot of them, we can join them or they us?

Any restaurant tips anyone? (I'm aware this is a super specific question, couldn't possibly be more non-general;))

Archived