Unicycle Colour

IPS Malta

If you have to choose a colour, which one you choose?
Which continent will you ride it?
Is there a particular reason or just preference?

I've put my eyes on the yellow because it's eye catching and nice. I think it helps a bit on safety too what do you think? I plan to ride that in China (with all the traffic and crowded side walks here) but wouldn't mind riding it in Malta too

IPS Colors.jpg

For the i5/S5-designs and these colors I'd probably go with black (though there's almost no difference in preference) . Would be tempted by a nice darker purple though (like on Monster). These colors are a bit bright and gaudy, some more less-simplistic and more elaborate colors would be nice. Maybe a nice lime-green, e.g.? Also, how about non-glossy coatings?

EU/Germany, just preference. The nicer a wheel's design and the nicer the exact colors are, the more I'd go for a color instead of boring black (the silver KS16S is nice, for example, or the purple Monster).

In Malta (EU) I think it would help to have a bright colour though I did great with my Black LHOTZ. I signal always but seeing a wheel will alert the people around and show them that we both need to take a stance on direction quickly. I was hoping this helps here in China. Besides even if a side walk is too crowded and you decide to use it on the street, cars see what you're riding and maybe keep a safer distance.

I agree with you @meepmeepmayer on matte coatings, that will make it nice I guess or some Metallic colour I was thinking.

In the States, one commented on Facebook that the above colours are too funny though but I think they are colours are meant for younger generations. I wonder how I will look in my smart wear and riding a Yellow one, but maybe that will show I'm a bit younger than I look in Character :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the bright red, yellow and blue options.  They are too childish, like Duplo blocks:

duplo-blocks-3.jpg

I think it would be better to offer silver, gunmetal grey, and more subtle, muted colours like these:

stardream-grupps-cordenons.jpg

Maybe deeper colours like what you see on cars would be nice.  You don't see too many Lego coloured cars around, but you see a lot of dark blues, crimsons, pearl whites, etc.  It still looks like a skinny gas canister though so really it probably doesn't matter too much what colour it is.  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It still looks like a skinny gas canister though so really it probably doesn't matter too much what colour it is.  

That's it!  It was in the back of my mind all along.  Those creases make it look like a jerrycan.  It shouldn't be colored drab green like an army gas can though.

3 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Does the X that goes through the exterior have any structural rigidity benefits (as it's thicker in those areas) or is it purely cosmetic?

Metal with those types of bends, or troughs or dales, adds to the rigidity of the panels in terms of floorboards for cars, so maybe since it is a metal case.

1 hour ago, RooMiniPro said:

Does the X that goes through the exterior have any structural rigidity benefits (as it's thicker in those areas) or is it purely cosmetic?

It is for cosmetic purpose with the mind behind it being the Himalayas mountains (you can see the i5 in front of the mountains in the picture above) but should offer some more rigidity too to my knowledge. In China yellow didn't pick up much attention as expected though more looked at it, but never had a unicycle that did here... I guess they are used to these things here, to the contrary, young children where saying WOW to the color despite having a lot of OFO public bikes around with the same color... and meaning a lot like 40 bikes in each street

this is my new baby ... yellow for the younger wheel :) Just got out of the box yesterday. first 10km were perfect :D and still have plenty of the original charge

WeChat Image_20170914012315.jpg

19 minutes ago, IPS Malta said:

It is for cosmetic purpose with the mind behind it being the Himalayas mountains (you can see the i5 in front of the mountains in the picture above) but should offer some more rigidity too to my knowledge. In China yellow didn't pick up much attention as expected though more looked at it, but never had a unicycle that did here... I guess they are used to these things here, to the contrary, young children where saying WOW to the color despite having a lot of OFO public bikes around with the same color... and meaning a lot like 40 bikes in each street

this is my new baby ... yellow for the younger wheel :) Just got out of the box yesterday. first 10km were perfect :D and still have plenty of the original charge

WeChat Image_20170914012315.jpg

Good on you! Thats the color I wouldve chosen too. Its more like a bee that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of single colors. I think complementary colors, that is, colors opposite or nearly opposite or nearly opposite of each other on a color wheel look fantastic. 

Archived