From E+ to P speed

spattex

Succes with J-link tag programmer to program my E+ to a P with max. speed of 30 Km.

Strange is only with iOS there is the switch for hispeed and in android it's missing with the Ninebot app. version 4

I am nou on firmware version 1.4.3 and very stable ride...

20170830_212724.png

thumb_IMG_0002_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0003_1024.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, z3n said:

Maybe this?

That's the source. Translate with google and you have a full description how to modify your firmware.

Only 5 wires on your controller and of you go.

I have completed 20Km with this firmware and it's a dream come true, a very stable ride between 26 and 28Km per hour without sound or feet peddels are forced back.

I must also tell you that a added 30 cells of Panasonic with a total of 640Wh, and a travel distance of 40Km max with my weight of 100Kg. 

IMG_0004.PNG

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Very Cool!  I love this stuff, but I'd be hesitant to ride it that way just because the E+ and P have both had issues with their Mosfets.

Thanks, with my weight en the speed in medium front wind the amperage is around  7 ampere. A have the Ninebot upgraded with 2 packs with 15 cells of Panasonic with max output of 10 A. Divided over 4 cells parallel not even 1.75 A per cell. On speed the amperage drops to 2 Ampere.

I have de hardness on 4 , i think the most people with trouble did tricks en hardness on 0. With the modified firmware the version is 1.4.3 This version is from Ninebot but never released . It rides very good and if you get to the max speed of 30km per hour you get sound signal and no pedal movement, if you ignore the signal then the pedals go back.

Thanks @spattex for blazing the trail so to speak :D. I read about this mod a few months back and was planning to try it out as soon as I acquired a second wheel, but will probably take the chance now that the hack has been replicated. I hope you can let us know how the Ninebot handles tiltback at the higher speed after you have done further testing. 

Did you follow @smallexis internal battery upgrade? I think the battery expansion is essential for safety as well as range.

7 hours ago, litewave said:

Thanks @spattex for blazing the trail so to speak :D. I read about this mod a few months back and was planning to try it out as soon as I acquired a second wheel, but will probably take the chance now that the hack has been replicated. I hope you can let us know how the Ninebot handles tiltback at the higher speed after you have done further testing. 

Did you follow @smallexis internal battery upgrade? I think the battery expansion is essential for safety as well as range.

Thanks, at higher speed at 29km the Ninebot give a sound if you ignore the sound and continu at high speed then the pedals tlitback.

I already did install 2 diy battery packs on each side of 15 cells from Panasonic with 15mm dicker leg pads. So all the power is divided over 4 cells parallel.

I also make the controller full water protected and the inside holes are covered.

It's a complete new Ninebot and a dream to ride on.

12 hours ago, spattex said:

Thanks, with my weight en the speed in medium front wind the amperage is around  7 ampere. A have the Ninebot upgraded with 2 packs with 15 cells of Panasonic with max output of 10 A. Divided over 4 cells parallel not even 1.75 A per cell. On speed the amperage drops to 2 Ampere.

That's nice that you have more Batterie packs, and that can prevent from cutting out because of massive voltagedrop.

Where it doesn't help a bit is on the Mosfets side, the mosfets still pump the complete Amperage from board to Motor, sometimes even much, much higher.m So have an eye on temperature....

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

That's nice that you have more Batterie packs, and that can prevent from cutting out because of massive voltagedrop.

Where it doesn't help a bit is on the Mosfets side, the mosfets still pump the complete Amperage from board to Motor, sometimes even much, much higher.m So have an eye on temperature....

I have been considering adding heatsinks on the mosfets, as well as a fan for the main heatsink. My board temp typically hits 50-55C (roughly 118-125F) in the summer, so I have been mulling this over for a while. But there isn't enough space in the compartment and no vents on the stock covers to accommodate the fans/heatsinks and airflow requirements, so larger, vented covers are almost essential. I did consider a simple solution of cutting an 80mm opening and recessing a low-profile fan into the cover with slots on the side for exhaust, but that wouldn't work well as the rider's leg will obstruct most/all of the airflow. Two smaller 40mm fans might work if offset. Still, I think deeper covers are necessary.

6 hours ago, spattex said:

Thanks, at higher speed at 29km the Ninebot give a sound if you ignore the sound and continu at high speed then the pedals tlitback.

I already did install 2 diy battery packs on each side of 15 cells from Panasonic with 15mm dicker leg pads. So all the power is divided over 4 cells parallel.

I also make the controller full water protected and the inside holes are covered.

It's a complete new Ninebot and a dream to ride on.

Did you make your own or purchase aftermarket covers from Einrad Werkstatt? Unfortunately, EW won't sell to potential customers in the US, so we are on our own here. I think larger compartment covers will be feasible to design and 3D-print, and wrap with thin foam and stitched leather from a local leather shop. The additional space on the battery side should allow at least 15 more cells, but I will have to play with the board compartment to fit 15 cells there and still allow for heatsinks, fans and airflow.

This project will require some time and expense, and cost-benefit comes into play. Still, there will be a (long?) wait until (if?) the Z becomes available, so I may draft a few models over the weekend. The end result will need to look good and maintain the Ninebot One's aesthetic.

1 hour ago, litewave said:

I have been considering adding heatsinks on the mosfets, as well as a fan for the main heatsink. My board temp typically hits 50-55C (roughly 118-125F) in the summer, so I have been mulling this over for a while. But there isn't enough space in the compartment and no vents on the stock covers to accommodate the fans/heatsinks and airflow requirements, so larger, vented covers are almost essential. I did consider a simple solution of cutting an 80mm opening and recessing a low-profile fan into the cover with slots on the side for exhaust, but that wouldn't work well as the rider's leg will obstruct most/all of the airflow. Two smaller 40mm fans might work if offset. Still, I think deeper covers are necessary.

Did you make your own or purchase aftermarket covers from Einrad Werkstatt? Unfortunately, EW won't sell to potential customers in the US, so we are on our own here. I think larger compartment covers will be feasible to design and 3D-print, and wrap with thin foam and stitched leather from a local leather shop. The additional space on the battery side should allow at least 15 more cells, but I will have to play with the board compartment to fit 15 cells there and still allow for heatsinks, fans and airflow.

This project will require some time and expense, and cost-benefit comes into play. Still, there will be a (long?) wait until (if?) the Z becomes available, so I may draft a few models over the weekend. The end result will need to look good and maintain the Ninebot One's aesthetic.

The temp. from the controller is no problem, electronics do perfect in the range of 50 to 70 degrees celcius. I just road 28 Km with my modified Ninebot and the temp. was 47 degrees with a outside temp off 21 degrees.

I purchase the aftermarket covers form Einratt, when you riding the covers do not give a problem when you riding. Ive someone make a STL file for the covers then you can print them yourself.

I still believe that the firmware change did good for my Ninebot, verry relaxing driving and no sound and pedal lifting anymore. The only problem is that the Ninebot consumes more battery with that higher speed. Today as i whrote 28Km travel and 31% battery left form the 640 Wh battery in total with my weight of 100Kg.

47 minutes ago, spattex said:

The temp. from the controller is no problem, electronics do perfect in the range of 50 to 70 degrees celcius. I just road 28 Km with my modified Ninebot and the temp. was 47 degrees with a outside temp off 21 degrees.

Good info, thanks. I haven't researched the mosfet issue with the NBP in depth, but the fan idea is probably overkill. However, I think a heatsink with thermal pads might be worthwhile. It would be interesting to measure mosfet temperatures under load as @Rehab1 recently did in his extensive thermal data-logging of wire temps on his ACM.

I purchase the aftermarket covers form Einratt, when you riding the covers do not give a problem when you riding. Ive someone make a STL file for the covers then you can print them yourself.

That would be much appreciated and very helpful. Thank you. :)

I still believe that the firmware change did good for my Ninebot, verry relaxing driving and no sound and pedal lifting anymore. The only problem is that the Ninebot consumes more battery with that higher speed. Today as i whrote 28Km travel and 31% battery left form the 640 Wh battery in total with my weight of 100Kg.

I'm sold on the idea, but will need to do the covers and batteries first, which will take a few weeks to sort out. I currently get 15-17km (about 10 miles) per battery (45-50km with two spares) since I ride at max speed most of the time.

17 hours ago, litewave said:

Unfortunately, EW won't sell to potential customers in the US, so we are on our own here.

Did you ask them if you can buy only the covers with a shipping to USA?

If not, you can ask to me to buy it for you and I would ship them to your adress. Just tell me if you need my help for that.

A hell of a ride this morning with my modified Ninebot, 30,4 Km trip and 26% battery left with normal to strong wind and a cruise speed of 26Km per hour.

This is how the Ninebot must be in the first place, it's a dream to ride. I say this is a keeper!

IMG_0009.PNG

IMG_0010.PNG

IMG_0011.PNG

8 hours ago, smallexis said:

Did you ask them if you can buy only the covers with a shipping to USA?

If not, you can ask to me to buy it for you and I would ship them to your adress. Just tell me if you need my help for that.

Thank you very much for the offer and suggestion :).  I'll email 1radwerkstatt again on Monday and hope they will reply. If not, I may ask for you assistance. 

I also like the idea of community-sourced parts. If @spattex comes up with an .stl that would be great. Also, I'm going spend some time this weekend with Remake and ReCap, and getting caught up on AutoCAD, to see what I can come up with.

I really like your solution as well, as it does not alter the appearance or ride geometry, and keeps the additional mass closer to the wheel.

@spattex

To be clear,

First, I have to upgrade the Frimware of my 9B1 E+ from Fw1.3.5 to Fw1.4.3, Right?

After, I have to dump (with a JTAG Controller) the ROM of my Ninebot (in 1.4.3), modifiy the dumped file with a Hexadecimal editor, and push it back to my E+ unit,

Is it OK ?

1 hour ago, cbgti said:

@spattex

To be clear,

First, I have to upgrade the Frimware of my 9B1 E+ from Fw1.3.5 to Fw1.4.3, Right?

After, I have to dump (with a JTAG Controller) the ROM of my Ninebot (in 1.4.3), modifiy the dumped file with a Hexadecimal editor, and push it back to my E+ unit,

Is it OK ?

No, you can pick any version you like. first you connect with J-link and download and backup your original firmware, then you open the program from the russian guy.

Load your original firmware into the program and then you can choose the firmware version you like and patch the firmware to a P.

The program creates a new firmware with a name, then you flash with the J-link this firmware back to your Ninebot and your done.

To be clear, you don't attach the Ninebot battery when you are flashing!

Archived