ACM Calibration = Huge Difference

FastLanz

Hi All,

I've been putting it off and decided to try calibrating my ACM 1300 so that it is tilted back slightly.  I put a level on the pedal and tilted it back so the entire bubble was just in front of the center lines on the level.  All I can say is it makes a world of difference.  My feet are not nearly as tired.  I always felt like I had to lean substantially forward to get the wheel to respond / accelerate.  Now it just takes off with minum effort and my stance on the wheel is much more natural.

I can understand why Gotway calibrated the ACM level by default as it is very powerful but now accelerating and riding it feels more natural to me. 

Just an fyi I used the Gotway app to calibrate.  Make sure the wheel is level and not leaning.  Once you select calbrate and then tilt the wheel back so the bubble is completely in front of the first line "wheel it tilted back" you'll have to trun the wheel off and then on again "long continuous beep" then off again.  Once you turn it on for the third time it will be calibrated with your settings.

Proceed with caution and get a feel for the new settings before pushing the wheel too hard.

Recalibrate if necessary so that riding and accelerating / braking feels almost effortless.

On 8/30/2017 at 4:56 PM, FastLanz said:

Hi All,

I've been putting it off and decided to try calibrating my ACM 1300 so that it is tilted back slightly.  I put a level on the pedal and tilted it back so the entire bubble was just in front of the center lines on the level.  All I can say is it makes a world of difference.  My feet are not nearly as tired.  I always felt like I had to lean substantially forward to get the wheel to respond / accelerate.  Now it just takes off with minum effort and my stance on the wheel is much more natural.

I can understand why Gotway calibrated the ACM level by default as it is very powerful but now accelerating and riding it feels more natural to me. 

Just an fyi I used the Gotway app to calibrate.  Make sure the wheel is level and not leaning.  Once you select calbrate and then tilt the wheel back so the bubble is completely in front of the first line "wheel it tilted back" you'll have to trun the wheel off and then on again "long continuous beep" then off again.  Once you turn it on for the third time it will be calibrated with your settings.

Proceed with caution and get a feel for the new settings before pushing the wheel too hard.

Recalibrate if necessary so that riding and accelerating / braking feels almost effortless.

All wheels should be calibrated and there's certainly nothing to be apprehensive about the process. Very easy and very fast. Sometimes I'll calibrate the wheel in preparation for specific types of riding. 

On 31.8.2017 at 1:56 AM, FastLanz said:

I've been putting it off and decided to try calibrating my ACM 1300 so that it is tilted back slightly.

I agree completely. 

I calibrated my KS16 also into a slight tiltback, and it's a lot better riding. Personal tastes are different, but I believe, everybody would benefit by calibrating the wheel slightly backwards by a few degrees (my recommendation is 3 to 4 degrees).

Archived