Video: Gotway Monster 100v version

19 hours ago, Yvan said:

After 2 weeks of trial conclusion: With  more torque gotway monster 100 volts would be the perfection. 

Seated riding IS that torque on the Monster. (same on the KS18S)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Seated riding IS that torque on the Monster. (same on the KS18S)

Which just goes to show the pedals are a bit too short. With pedals that allowed you to put your weight into it, the torque would be just fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Which just goes to show the pedals are a bit too short. With pedals that allowed you to put your weight into it, the torque would be just fine.

Yes, perhaps.

But seated allows you to put way more force on the machine by simply sitting on the front of the wheel.

It's hard to do that just driving force / weight into your toes because your pivot point (ankles) will always be farther back than sitting on the nose of the wheel, where your arse IS the pivot point (not to mention concentrating your whole mass onto that point as well).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

Seems like this would be the perfect commuter if it had a trolley handle, but I don't see one. My commute involves taking the train, and there's no way I can carry a 60lb EUC around the train station.

• Like 1

Le 02/06/18 à 03:47, houseofjob a déclaré:

Oui, peut-être.

Mais vous pouvez le mettre en place plus de force sur la machine en vous asseyant simplement sur le devant de la roue.

Il est difficile de faire cela simplement en enfonçant la force / le poids dans vos orteils parce que votre point de pivot (chevilles) sera toujours plus en arrière que sur le nez de la roue, où votre cul est le pivot toute votre masse sur ce point aussi bien).

Totalement d'accord avec les pédales. J'ai déplacé l'entretoise arrière vers l'avant, afin d'avancer la pédale droite et l'inverse pour la pédale gauche. Accélération avec le pied droit et frein avec le pied gauche. C'est beaucoup mieux. J'aime ce monstre 100v.

Screenshot_20180602-205103.png

Edited by Yvan
https://youtu.be/HdEOiOO9Obg
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, perhaps.

But seated allows you to put way more force on the machine by simply sitting on the front of the wheel.

It's hard to do that just driving force / weight into your toes because your pivot point (ankles) will always be farther back than sitting on the nose of the wheel, where your arse IS the pivot point (not to mention concentrating your whole mass onto that point as well).

So, what if you have to brake real quick like? Should you then hop your arse backwards? :D 

18 hours ago, pattymac said:

Seems like this would be the perfect commuter if it had a trolley handle, but I don't see one. My commute involves taking the train, and there's no way I can carry a 60lb EUC around the train station.

Surprisingly the Monster seat adds height to the wheel. When fitted it is quite sturdy and simple to guide it around when switched on. I'm 6ft 1 in height. My only problem is that the Monster draws too much attention. People will stare you to death over here in central London, it can get very uncomfortable.

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Scatcat said:

So, what if you have to brake real quick like? Should you then hop your arse backwards? :D 

Never rode seated I see ?

Just stand up! Pretty hard braking force, transfer immediately from one extreme pivot (arse) to another (feet)... actually, all more potentially dangerous scenarios, you stand up.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Surprisingly the Monster seat adds height to the wheel. When fitted it is quite sturdy and simple to guide it around when switched on. I'm 6ft 1 in height. My only problem is that the Monster draws too much attention. People will stare you to death over here in central London, it can get very uncomfortable.

Visual prejudice is real.

You can do the same amount of damage on a smaller wheel, yet people will run away from a rider on a Monster, when they'll won't even pay much attention for smaller wheel riders.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Never rode seated I see ?

Just stand up! Pretty hard braking force, transfer immediately from one extreme pivot (arse) to another (feet)... actually, all more potentially dangerous scenarios, you stand up.

Riding seated on a GT16? :D 

Wouldn't think so... I asked because I was really curious, just because I have no relevant experience of riding seated. I expect it would be really good for long rides to be able to shift from standing to seated and back...

The 100V Monster is really ridiculously expensive, but even so it is on the short list of wheels I really would like to have.

13 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Riding seated on a GT16? :D 

Wouldn't think so... I asked because I was really curious, just because I have no relevant experience of riding seated. I expect it would be really good for long rides to be able to shift from standing to seated and back...

The 100V Monster is really ridiculously expensive, but even so it is on the short list of wheels I really would like to have.

Ha, maybe they'll add a seat on your future GT18? ? (FWIW, KS18 is in the same seated category and much cheaper.... but the design aesthetic is admittedly controversial~)

Yeah, the seated-standing transfer is actually better to impose force on the machine because you are moving your pivot point up and down the wheel instantaneously (arse on front, to feet on back), whereas, with the typical rider position, where the pivot point is static (your stationary feet), it takes comparatively longer to re-adjust such force. I would imagine replicating the same force transfer with regular standing position would be jumping from the front of the pedals to the back of the pedals. 

Braking when seated going standing is pretty instantaneous and hard. I've even been in the case where I had to do a harder brake because of an unsuspected front braking car, and I subconsciously pommel horse dismounted off my former Monster (via stiff-arming the seat), landing and running beside it, which REEallly removes the momentum from the wheel.

While the feet rest factor is a big plus that people usually bring up for seated EUCs, I'd say the ability to apply hard force via quicker changing pivot points is equally as important a plus.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

The 100V Monster is really ridiculously expensive, but even so it is on the short list of wheels I really would like to have

With the 100V you can easily find yourself going 25% faster than you would on other wheels. It is also very silent, all you hear is heavy wind noise. It is a real beast of a wheel. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

With the 100V you can easily find yourself going 25% faster than you would on other wheels. It is also very silent, all you hear is heavy wind noise. It is a real beast of a wheel. 

That actually sounds scary, as I kind of average on 18-20mph and top out at 25mph routinely with my GT16 - so that would mean going 25mph on average and top out above 30mph? I might have to invest in even heavier protective gear then... :D 

Also I wonder what our local police would make of it? :roflmao:

12 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

That actually sounds scary, as I kind of average on 18-20mph and top out at 25mph routinely with my GT16 - so that would mean going 25mph on average and top out above 30mph? I might have to invest in even heavier protective gear then... :D 

Also I wonder what our local police would make of it? :roflmao:

It is so comfortable you can glide by slowly and average 8mph if you wish, which I tend to do when in built up areas. I am not a speed demon, but the 22 inch wheel rides totally different to the 16 inch. It feels so planted and secure at high speeds, not like the 16 inch wheels. It is practically a 1 wheel moped, seriously. 

On my Inmotion V8 I average 14 mph.

Edited by Edddeus

On 6/3/2018 at 4:23 AM, Edddeus said:

I was sure that I would need to install a trolley to the KS18S, but it's tall enough on it's own that I haven't felt it necessary.  It's a little awkward moving it around, and I would rather have one than not, but it's not the deal-breaker I thought it might be.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I was sure that I would need to install a trolley to the KS18S, but it's tall enough on it's own that I haven't felt it necessary.  It's a little awkward moving it around, and I would rather have one than not, but it's not the deal-breaker I thought it might be.  

I used to own a KS18, effortless wonderful wheel, I came so close to buying a KS18s. With the seat added on to the Monster, it is similar in height. Monster is slightly more awkward as you just have to tilt over slightly more as the Monster is alittle wider and heavier, weighs 27.5kg, not intimidating though. 

• Like 1

How much range do you guys geht with tge 100V Version? After cunsumption of 35% Battery i bot 30 KM (hard mode and a little more speed). , that would be about 60KM Total i think.....i expectet more...

8 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

How much range do you guys geht with tge 100V Version? After cunsumption of 35% Battery i bot 30 KM (harad mode and a little more speed). , that would be about 60KM Total i think.....i expectet more...

I average 51 miles/ 82 km from full charge, I weigh 90kg 

I believe I could get more If I reduce my average speed. 

Edited by Edddeus

It looks a lot like my Msuper3 s + 1600 WH

60 klm to 45kmh average for gm100v

And 60 klm at 40 kmh average with ms3 1600wh

For the same speed gm100v would be a little better

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yvan said:

Correction of my comment on gotway monster 100v. With the modification of advanced pedals this wheel is perfect.

I was wondering why you felt it needed more torque. The wheel has power and goes up steep hills no problem. 

On 6/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, Yvan said:

Correction of my comment on gotway monster 100v. With the modification of advanced pedals this wheel is perfect.

Do you have pictures of any modified pedals on the 100V?

Edited by FreeRide

Now i have both Pedals moved to the Front too, and its really good now! Once i get my ordered msuper Pedals i switch them with the original ones (acm-style) 

Edited by onkeldanuel