Video: Gotway Monster 100v version

11 minutes ago, stevedig said:

I expect this is just pid tuning in the controller. The soft/medium/hard hard settings for the wheels are just preset pid combinations which control how the wheel responds to changing sensor input. As the firmware becomes more sophisticated in the future I wouldn't be surprised if we get the option to tune the pids ourselves to custom levels, outside the hard coded settings in the firmware. soft/medium/hard/custom

No, thats different.

you want your wheel to accelerate? you have to press down the pedals.

When you have a „soft pedal“ mode...the response of the wheel is just later. I dont say you can not have soft pedal modes...but as the acceleration of our EUCs is totally and only controlled by leaning in, a softer pedal mode always gives slower acceleration than harder ones, that lies in the nature of SBU‘s...

That even is totay so...when you use soft pedal settings, you have less consumption of battery, and not the full power available.

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

As i understood...beside using the tesla Motor:

The Acm and the Msuper will now also com with the new , much harder ride mode firmware.

So no more play in the pedals, just stiff rock hard and ultra responsive....

The news that the ACM and MSuper will get the more powerful motor and harder ride is much more significant than the news of the 100v Monster. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Might be you like that...but that contradicts the „progress“ that nearly everybody wants...more reactive, better acceleration, more agile wheels.

On a „soft pedal“ mode it is kind of hard to implement that, as for the above mentioned property’s you need a harder setting (my view).

I dont think you can have both....as for software it is hard to predict, what you want, when pushing forward.

They currently have soft, medium, and hard. It's software. I don't see why the soft can't be "really soft". On the Tesla, can you honestly say that there's a reason for the medium mode when it's almost indistinguishable from the 'soft' mode.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the new hard mode. But why can't I also have the old soft mode too?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't the ACM, msuper V3 and Monster use the same motor? So if the ACM and ms3 get upgraded to the Tesla motor, did the Monster too?

Still not liking the "let's take random parts from our warehouse and build a new wheel" approach of this. 100V or a stronger motor puts more strain on the electronics. Well, guess some Gotway beta testers (aka the first customers) will find out whether that works.

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

No, thats different.

Actually, it's not. PID tuning controls how quickly a motor responds to input and with how much force it resists change. Ever done any RC stuff? Quads? Flight controllers like vector or guardian or pixhawk? It's the same thing basically.

The controller in the board fixes a preferred orientation based on calibration of the wheel. hard/medium/soft all correspond to PID values preset in the firmware that define how hard and how quickly the controller reacts to changes in that orientation. slower, more moderate responses = softer pedals. harder / quicker responses to change = harder pedals. 

in a flight controller for a plane like a vector, you tune the PIDs so the controlled flight modes will hold altitude and heading while allowing you to change these through stick input without having to push the sticks all the way over to get a response. 

with a quad, if your pids are too high, you will get oscillation as the motors fight each other through changes in orientation. if your pids are too low you will get sloppy flight. delayed response to stick input.

Edited by stevedig
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

$3.4K........ AAAAARGHHHH!

M.U.S.T R.E.S.I.S.T

Yes, this one is expensive,  $3,436. USD, (without shipping) Not worth it..;)

Considering I was able to pick up a new1600 Monster for $1,499. with free shipping.  

Edited by Mrd777

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Checkout cart with ship to NYC comes out to ~$2888 on speedyfeetUK (no VAT), unless I'm missing something here.

Nice Chris, I can tell you are considering it

Sorry my fault, there is no vat, so my math is wrong. I wish the motor was also upgraded too, rather then just voltage and mosfets.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Nice Chris, I can tell you are considering it

Sorry my fault, there is no vat, so my math is wrong. I wish the motor was also upgraded too, rather then just voltage and mosfets.

No apologies necessary!, just making sure our drool-factor facts are correct :lol:

No, I'll be holding out for the NB1Z & KS18L. They'll need to upgrade the motor and solve some of the ergonomic and structural issues of this 70+ lb EUC for me to part with my $$. I get plenty of acceleration just fine employing seated takeoffs on my Monster.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Acm and the Msuper will now also com with the new , much harder ride mode firmware.

So if I buy a new board with the new firmware and install it on my old msuper v3 will my ride be just as stiff on the hardest ride mode instead of being so soft like it is now? Because I prefer it hard, no pedal dipping

If it's purely a firmware modification where the rate of angle correction (?) say is increased to get a harder pedal feel, I wonder if Gotway could theoretically be able to write a new app that would allow their users to flash the new firmware via Bluetooth.  Unless maybe they have somehow disabled that capability in the STM32F103?  Maybe their board is only set up to do firmware flashes through cables?  Or would that place too much strain on some of their boards/components?  Is there a reason to choose softer pedals to increase range and put less stress on MOSFETs maybe?

It would be much nicer for users to be able to update their wheels themselves especially if new firmware versions are released to improve safety and tweak features.  Com'on Gotway!  People flash their PCs all the time.  Let's get with the 90's already!  Or would that be opening up a new can of worms... dun dun dunnnn.... (flashback to Ninebot One users flashing and killing their rides).

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Don't the ACM, msuper V3 and Monster use the same motor? So if the ACM and ms3 get upgraded to the Tesla motor, did the Monster too?

Still not liking the "let's take random parts from our warehouse and build a new wheel" approach of this. 100V or a stronger motor puts more strain on the electronics. Well, guess some Gotway beta testers (aka the first customers) will find out whether that works.

I can't recall the differences between the ACM and MSuper, but certainly the Monster has a different motor.

• 2 months later...

The new ms3 has a 1900-watt motor

motor: 1900 W, MAX3800W;
color: ALL black

battery: 1600WH 84 V

Max speed: 55 km / h;

Maximum payload: 180 KG

pedal height: 16 cm

battery model: SANYO
use the temperature: -20-50
controller type: 12 MOS tubes
Temperature controller: 80

After September, the latest improvements, engine shaft & # 65292; MS3s + IN STOCK; Tax prices and taxes, so welcome there
AliExpress

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

what is soft mode better for other than feel *i prefer hard* (on the tesla)

but does it affect range significantly? Does it put less stress on the mosfets on a significant level?

I enjoy the feel of soft mode sometimes, particularly when just straight-line cruising.

Soft mode can have a noticeably positive effect on range.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2018 at 6:03 PM, Marty Backe said:

I enjoy the feel of soft mode sometimes, particularly when just straight-line cruising.

Soft mode can have a noticeably positive effect on range.

I personally prefer the feel of a harder mode, but the soft mode has some serious advantages too.

For one, there is the relaxed cruise factor, where a soft mode actually should make the ride slightly "safer". At least from the perspective of swallowing small disturbances like cracks and holes without you indadvertedly changing your input and adding your own instability to the disturbance. But then again, if you really need a hard brake, the hard mode is quicker of the mark...

As I understand it a "soft mode" is not really using less power as max, but is more exponential in it's response. You still need to "catch" the rider if they push it, but you can have a bigger zone where the response to input is not as drastic. 

• Like 1

i want to use hard mode. But i also want soft..

after riding soft mode i want to ride on hard mode again. And vice versa

but i will choose soft mode for now. it is atleast slightly safer (less agressive power spikes)

and less foot fatigue. I like the hard mode how it feels so powerfull. But the soft mode makes me glide. And it feels like there is no wheel and no feet just a gliding motion..

so for now. Soft mode for me

and im also thinking a lot more about  better safe than sorry after my burned mosfet...

if i didnt do that already..

So when will Gotway upgrade the Monster to a 2kW high torque motor and release this 100V with the upgrade to the public for real? Considering how I use my EUC, such a monster ( ;) ) would be brilliant: Stable at speed, long battery life, wide tire - it seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

Nine times out of ten I use it for commuting, usually a 20 minute run of 6-7 miles each way. The roads I use are relatively free from pedestrians, but they're also full of cracks, bumps and other annoyances. Having a large wheel with a wide tire would be wonderful in such conditions.

An upgraded Monster or the NB1Z10 seems to be closest to fitting the bill.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...