Video: Gotway Monster 100v version

6 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I am looking forward to something safer from gotway and i hope 100v is a step in that direction.

AHAHAHAHAHA:roflmao:.. wait you're serious?;)

If I had to make a "most likely" bet, I would say the hardware is identical to the regular Monster, just "overclocked" to 100V. Not sure if that would be safer...

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If I had to make a "most likely" bet, I would say the hardware is identical to the regular Monster, just "overclocked" to 100V. Not sure if that would be safer...

I've heard rumours of newer fatter connectors and cables, and some form of upgraded air-cooling. I wonder if we could be so lucky? :D

And I do hope the engine is still not the 1.6kW variant, but hopefully above 2kW or even better 2.4+

After all, the sheer mass of you and your monster EUC is a lot to balance and break unless you have lots and lots of power...

I'd add, stop housing board + battery (i.e. heat elements) together in the same compartment.

Also, more adequate axle spacers that don't loosen so easily, so @Joey Serrin doesn't have to develop the solution and focus on more fun after-market accessories!

@Scatcat might I ask where you heard these rumors?

Thicker gauge cables I believe would require thicker axles, which would be awesome!

• Upvote 1

Just now, houseofjob said:

I'd add, stop housing board + battery (i.e. heat elements) together in the same compartment.

Also, more adequate axle spacers that don't loosen so easily, so @Joey Serrin doesn't have to develop the solution and focus on more fun after-market accessories!

@Scatcat might I ask where you heard these rumors?

Thicker gauge cables I believe would require thicker axles, which would be awesome!

Not sure, think it was a comment about it on Youtube or something. But that is just what it is, rumours.

Let's hope they're true, I'm not holding my breath.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

Found this video just now and wanted to share. I am looking forward to something safer from gotway and i hope 100v is a step in that direction. 

This 100v monster could very well end up being the next upgrade from my 820wh msuper v3.
However i am not gonna donate my body to gotway for science so i will wait and see how these units turn out first.

With that amount of force under me i want these things thoroughly tested before i step onto them.

(in the video description the uploader talks about who they are available for order now but idk about that. I checked his site and he didn't seem to have them)

Looks just like mine and I did get mine on accident because that is not what I ordered, could I have the first 100v monster? Possibly. It's just funny how both of them have the purple one, if they did make the 100v in a different color other than purple which I assume they would, wouldn't you wanna have a different color from your riding partner? Or is the color purple How you differenciate the 100v from the 84v

Edited by Shabba

On 8/29/2017 at 10:22 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

...   there is a difference in100v vs 100hz.  Processor speed is not related to voltage,   For the software an sensors yeah frequency/hertz makes a differnece

Hopefully they're aware of ninebot P failures of upping the voltage without changing the board/controller... :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-10-01 at 10:14 PM, Rudy Sijnke said:

Will it have a 1900w motor too, like the Tesla?

Well that would be better than 1600W, but what would be even better would be 2500W+ nominal. Or rather, that isn't the full truth: What would be better would be the torque of a much more powerful motor.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m confused by the 100v Monster. How do you guys know this is something Gotway is working on?  Yes, I’ve seen the guys from Geneva showing us their motified  

Monsters speeding around, but I believe this is their own mod.

If Gotway is truly working on this I’m very interested and would buy one. When can we expect a V2?

Just now, Mrd777 said:

I’m confused by the 100v Monster. How do you guys know this is something Gotway is working on?  Yes, I’ve seen the guys from Geneva showing us their motified  

Monsters speeding around, but I believe this is their own mod.

If Gotway is truly working on this I’m very interested and would buy one. When can we expect a V2?

Nope, this is a Seller, who has good contacts to Gotway and is allways testing their prototypes and receiving them before public gets their hands on.

wheelzworld in Suisse.

As far as i know it is not in seriell production until now.

I guess nobody without Gotway can just do a higher voltage mod, as you need to change the board hardware AND the firmware. Its not just throwing some more seriell batteries in. Even Gotway (afaik) is working very long on this version, as the rumours about this 100Volt monster was going around nearyl half year before, but at the start Gotway had problems to implement that.

So we will see if they bring it to market...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Nope, this is a Seller, who has good contacts to Gotway and is allways testing their prototypes and receiving them before public gets their hands on.

wheelzworld in Suisse.

As far as i know it is not in seriell production until now.

I guess nobody without Gotway can just do a higher voltage mod, as you need to change the board hardware AND the firmware. Its not just throwing some more seriell batteries in. Even Gotway (afaik) is working very long on this version, as the rumours about this 100Volt monster was going around nearyl half year before, but at the start Gotway had problems to implement that.

So we will see if they bring it to market...

I can see it is a hard thing to implement. OTOH it is a natural progression, higher voltage means a potentially flatter torque curve, which in turn means higher speeds can be reached without closing too fast on the torque limit.

• Upvote 1

Actually what I really would like to see, is the 100V and a tilt-back/last alarm that warns you with at least 10kph to spare. This becomes more important the faster you can go. Getting a cut-off at 15 mph is not the same as getting one at 25 mph is not the same as getting it at 35 mph... The potential for damage follows more of an exponential curve, and so we need more headroom both to the torque limit and to the limit of the electronics.

Also when a wheel reaches speeds above 25 mph, there needs to be some serious braking power available. For motorcycles and scooters, there are regulations for the efficiency of brakes, for EUCs there are none, but the needs are the same.

Actually the needs for braking power are even greater, since there is a inevitable lag between the moment you realise the need of braking and the moment you have pushed the wheel before you and have the correct weight distribution for hard braking. That lag may longer or shorter depending on situation, but it is almost always longer than the action of pressing a brake handle with your hand or foot. The physical motion is more involved and require bigger movement. On the plus side your feet are always on the brakes, so to speak :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Look what just showed up on Speedyfeet.

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/gotway-monster-100v-version-1845wh

Same price as the 2400Wh 84V, but that may be a placeholder.

(The site also mentions an ACM2, but this might just be an error with the Tesla just released there's a description, seems to be an ACM with a Tesla motor)

@Jason McNeil Is this the big Gotway wheel you mentioned, or is something else coming too?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Look what just showed up on Speedyfeet.

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/gotway-monster-100v-version-1845wh

Same price as the 2400Wh 84V, but that may be a placeholder.

(The site also mentions an ACM2, but this might just be an error with the Tesla just released there's a description, seems to be an ACM with a Tesla motor)

@Jason McNeil Is this the big Gotway wheel you mentioned, or is something else coming too?

As i understood...beside using the tesla Motor:

The Acm and the Msuper will now also com with the new , much harder ride mode firmware.

So no more play in the pedals, just stiff rock hard and ultra responsive....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

As i understood...beside using the tesla Motor:

The Acm and the Msuper will now also com with the new , much harder ride mode firmware.

So no more play in the pedals, just stiff rock hard and ultra responsive....

I do wish that they still maintained a true soft mode. Now you can barely feel the difference between soft and hard.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I do wish that they still maintained a true soft mode. Now you can barely feel the difference between soft and hard.

Might be you like that...but that contradicts the „progress“ that nearly everybody wants...more reactive, better acceleration, more agile wheels.

On a „soft pedal“ mode it is kind of hard to implement that, as for the above mentioned property’s you need a harder setting (my view).

I dont think you can have both....as for software it is hard to predict, what you want, when pushing forward.

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I dont think you can have both

I expect this is just pid tuning in the controller. The soft/medium/hard hard settings for the wheels are just preset pid combinations which control how the wheel responds to changing sensor input. As the firmware becomes more sophisticated in the future I wouldn't be surprised if we get the option to tune the pids ourselves to custom levels, outside the hard coded settings in the firmware. soft/medium/hard/custom

• Like 1