Electric EUC Pump - Must have item?

Henrik Olsen

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

This is a great video! Thought the slime would prevent the tire going flat. But it clearly doesn't. So yeah, you need a pump if you are stranded somewhere.

Any idea how much you need to put in the wheel for a 16" one? The indications on the bottle aren't really clear to me, since they only talk about cars, bikes and wheelbarrows :P 

I can speak firsthand that a snake bite does cause the tire to deflate even with slime in it and then the slime does start to work. Still need the pump. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I am looking for the best EUC pump and I am not quite satisfied with what I found in the discussion. The pump Kuji has seems to be a good all-in-one solution : small and portable, flexible tube to reach the valve easily and built-in gauge. For now I think I would buy this model :

https://www.lightinthebox.com/fr/p/pompes-a-velo-velo-tout-terrain-vtt-activites-exterieures-cyclisme-velo-portable-durable-gonfle-alliage-d-39-aluminium-noir-rouge-bleu_p7141764.html?prm=1.5.1.1

Do you think I am missing something?

Edited by Kryziss

The one Kuji has is from decathlon, it’s perfectly fine. Compact and does the job.

As for electric solutions I’d suggest avoiding them if you own two functioning arms. We have enough waste of materials and lithium as it is, and it will die after a few years, contrary to a manual pump.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

These tires are actually quite small and do not require much to fill them. ..... The electric pumps seem to work fine but are less dependable. ....I like the old fashion mini bicycle pumps that mount on the crossbar. ( 24mm x 200mm) 

As far as eco friendly, my pump barrows a battery from the weed eater and my weed eater is not gas ....soooooo?  I Should get a pass? ... maybe? 

A contrary opinion, but I have a small electric pump like the one mentioned above and I absolutely love it. As much as people downplay the super-cheap and questionable $~30 electric pumps from China, I still personally prefer them over a manual pump (with many decent manual pumps costing at least $20-30+ anyway). It's not even so much about electric vs manual pumping (although that's certainly nice), the primary feature is being able to set it to automatically inflate to a specific PSI--particularly useful when maintaining several wheels in quick succession. Honestly I wouldn't even care if the battery died on one of them, I don't carry it on me/only use it at home or out of the back of my car where I could just as easily plug it in.

Edited by AtlasP