i've started getting that itch...

kour

before anyone suggests i visit a clinic or invest in some baby powder, no - this itch is an antsy feeling that can only be quelled by randomly cruising around on my wheel!

i'll elaborate a little, because i realize that's sort of an asinine post, haha... others here have commented on the addictive quality of riding, but i don't think that such an urge raised itself in my soul until recently. i'll be watching a show, or sitting around and suddenly i feel compelled to throw on my helmet and just ride around... maybe it's greater confidence. i've also started getting one of my friends to try riding my msuper. i had him scoot around on it for awhile, first, to be able to travel briefly with one foot in the air. next, i'd stand in front of him and hold out my arm and guide him along - he's making progress! wheels must proliferate across this wheel-less wasteland of a world!

I'll cruise for an hour to and from work, combined, then often take another hour after I get home. They are like motorcycles but without the expense or time required to get to nice roads.

Very interestingly, I was taken aback at the social aspect of cruising around with other people; you can actually talk to people while riding. Other people riding wheels I mean.

yah. riding around more i realized i'm getting the best of both worlds in terms of traversing a semi-urban/urban landscape. fast enough for bike lines, but if a red light comes up, *boom* i become a pedestrian and go where bikes can't go with ease! in addition to conversing with other wheelers, if whoever you're with isn't walking extremely slowly you can just crawl next to them, too. i was doing that with my aforementioned friend, going back to his house with his dog after coaching him on the wheel. so versatile - i love it!

Archived