I want to show you my finished Unicyle-Onewheel Project

Wheel: old 16 inch Gotway 800W
Battery: 2 pieces 60v 120 Wh
Control Board:  Microworks 30B4 with Bluetooth

driving with it makes a lot fun !

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

y3.jpg

I want you show thats possible to make a One Wheel Skateboard from a Unicycle.

One Problem i ran in - i cannot  tilt to max speed(floor connection) - i have to set the construction higher to the center of the wheel

It's interesting to note that the 800w Gotway 16" motor works with the MicroWorks 30B4 controller.  I wonder who makes the Gotway boards/firmware for them as they must be sourced from a third party I'm guessing.  We've never seen any PCB assembly equipment in any Gotway videos, and if they had that capability surely they would have showed it off proudly.

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

We've never seen any PCB assembly equipment in any Gotway videos, and if they had that capability surely they would have showed it off proudly.

The PCB assembly equipment is in another building.

gotway1

On 8/27/2017 at 0:04 PM, moritzerl said:

Hello ! 

I want to show you my finished Unicyle-Onewheel Project

Wheel: old 16 inch Gotway 800W
Battery: 2 pieces 60v 120 Wh
Control Board:  Microworks 30B4 with Bluetooth

driving with it makes a lot fun !

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

y3.jpg

How did you make the tire red?  I guess you painted it, but the rim is clean.  How did you do it?

On 8/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, moritzerl said:

I want you show thats possible to make a One Wheel Skateboard from a Unicycle.

One Problem i ran in - i cannot  tilt to max speed(floor connection) - i have to set the construction higher to the center of the wheel

One day we will have our OpenSource firmware and then we will be able configure that functionalities :-)

For now we are working to develop firmware for EBike motor controllers, that after will work as a generic brushless motor controllers, for instance, to be controlled with an Arduino using UART commands. If you are interested, you can follow current project here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87870&p=1317106#p1317106

You are right - to get on this board is not easy - i need a wall or tree. Thats because the board controller(30B4)  needs 1s approx. to stabilize in the horizontal position.

Balancing: Thats not easy - i needed some hours to manage the four direction balancing.

My friend has the orignal  OneWheel - its easier with it - but my board runs a little bit faster  :rolleyes:

Archived