Transition from forward to backward (same direction), possible?

JimB

2 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Dude you don't know me or the gardener yet you called me an asshole, now you called me a dick.

@JimB neither called you an asshole nor a dick, AFAICS. He called out your actions as being dick-ish and probably pissing people off. They are on tape, so live with it.

4 hours ago, Mono said:

@JimB neither called you an asshole nor a dick, AFAICS. He called out your actions as being dick-ish and probably pissing people off. They are on tape, so live with it.

Lol. Using semantics to justify insults is very interesting. IMHO how well you stand behind your words reveals allot about you and your intentions. It's quite interesting how couch PC police only face outward and never inward.

On 8/26/2017 at 2:00 PM, JimB said:

I'd be a little pissed at some a-hole

...If they insulted me then used semantics to justify it.

I also think that spending time being high and mighty and calling people names to prove your point... 

9 hours ago, JimB said:

is a bit dick-ish

Remy, I called you neither an asshole nor a dick.  I said I'd be pissed at an asshole riding through my garden.  I said riding through a garden (your action) was dick-ish.  Yes, I called you out on your bad behavior.

The point is, your video contains what is essentially vandalism.  Very minor, agreed.  As Steve said, "not much damage".  But I don't think "not much damage" is the standard we should be aiming for as an EUC community.

You showed in your video the sign about no skateboards.  Why does that sign exist?  Because skateboarders have a history of being disrespectful to people and property.

The area where you were riding was clearly not intended for foot traffic (or EUCs).  Let's just imagine, that tomorrow, everyone with an EUC rides through some company's garden.  It won't be long until there are "no EUC" signs everywhere.  I'm hoping that the EUC community is better than that.  I suspect that most of the people on this forum would agree with me.

You're a talented rider.  I'm sure that lots of people watch your videos.  Surely you can demonstrate your talent without displaying (and possibly even encouraging) behavior which would paint the EUC community in a poor light.

On 2017-8-27 at 8:39 AM, JimB said:

Holy crap.  That guy is amazing.

He is a circus performer and trains all day doing tricks and learning things like how to perform and make good promotional material.

Sidestreet reny does better tricks, just isnt trained in performance and how to make flashy promos.

When it comes to tricks reny is the best hands down.

Damien is also highly skilled obviously but his professionally trained and puts ALOT of hours into practice.

I can do most these tricks and i dont even try them often let alone practice :-p

15 hours ago, JimB said:

@Sidestreet Reny  Hey Reny.  You've got mad skills, and I like the video.  But let's face it, riding through someone's plantings, even an "evil law firm" is a bit dick-ish. I doubt your mother would like it if it was her garden.  And even if you dislike the law firm, remember that there's some poor gardener who is spending his time trying to make it look good.

Thank god reny is keeping that poor gardner in a job ;-)

12 hours ago, dalewalker said:

He is a circus performer and trains all day doing tricks and learning things like how to perform and make good promotional material.

+1

Even with all the euc skills in the world, how many people could manage to ride one in handstand.

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

+1

Even with all the euc skills in the world, how many people could manage to ride one in handstand.

Alexander segmuler (sorry alex i dont know how to spell your last name) did it a few years ago.

I almost got into NICA (national Institute of circus arts) wich is the same as where damien is taught only its the Australian version but they wanted me to do more training and audition again the next year because i had only done about 50 hours training all up and my hand stands were crap. Otherwise id be doing that trick too lol

Did the best standing backsault i have ever done that day tho lol

A few of my friends went to nica so i spent a bit of time there myself. This is why i didnt think damiens entry to last year's competition was fair because i know better than most about the advantage damien has over most of us and he won with a professional video and gladly accepted the prize and 2nd place was a 12yo filmed with a mobile phone on an airwheel. The kid should have got the prize.

Well.. reny had the best tricks and it was a trick competition so reny should have won really but unfortunately the "trick competition" was judged on wow factor or cute factor rather than the actual tricks

Archived