Jump to content

Vacationing in Ocean City Maryland, Great for EUC's


eddiemoy
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

My last day here and riding around for a week and all I get is the "wooh, that is so cool... what is that?!??"  It is JEEP week here and I have to go and charge up my Tesla for the trip home.  As I was riding away, this guy was really aggressive getting my attention where he asked me to come back and show him.  LOL.  Talked to so many people about this.  

It was a great fun ride on the boardwalk.  Can only bike there from 7am to 11am.  Then they restrict it to pedestrian traffic only because it gets busy.  I bumped into a guy on a electric long board, not boosted board   We greeted each other!  LOL   Passed each other twice.

The main Street up and down the island is great!  3 lanes for cars and one lane that is share between bus and bikes.  It is that way for both north and south bound traffic. 

Yesterday as I was out riding and bumped into a guy riding a IPS Lhotz. He is a local.  He was telling me about people who were telling him that there was another guy riding something like that around.  He was telling them that it was him until he bumped into me. He didn't seem to know anything about EUC, so not an enthusiast.  He rides on the sidewalk up to 100 something street.  We fist bumped each other after about 5-10 minutes of chatting and went out opposite ways.  I was going south and he was going north. 

Anyway, here is a picture with my family, me in the back on the KS16.  Wish I brought the KS18S.  I keep hitting the limits on the 16.  Had a fun time pushing the quad bike.  Even offered some strangers a push.  Works really well!  LOL

IMG_2739.JPG.d2ac4d8c135dc7aa2bd5c36bd5ea8e46.JPG

 

Looks like you had fun Eddie.  They kicked me off the same boardwalk when I took my MCM4 on a month ago.  I had ridden it down the boardwalk 5 times previously without issue, guess I got the one sour apple in the bunch.  Had the same reactions you got from everyone.  Anyways, hope you guys had a blast.  Nice meeting you last Saturday.  

Safe Travels 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Acturbo said:

Looks like you had fun Eddie.  They kicked me off the same boardwalk when I took my MCM4 on a month ago.  I had ridden it down the boardwalk 5 times previously without issue, guess I got the one sour apple in the bunch.  Had the same reactions you got from everyone.  Anyways, hope you guys had a blast.  Nice meeting you last Saturday.  

Safe Travels 

I tried going at night with it.  I was just told not to ride it in the attraction park.  But I rode it with great difficulty in the dense pedestrian traffic.  Used it more like a skateboard if you know what I mean. 

When you got kicked off, were you riding between those hours? 7am to 11am?

It's hard to associate the handle to the person.  What is your name?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, eddiemoy said:

I tried going at night with it.  I was just told not to ride it in the attraction park.  But I rode it with great difficulty in the dense pedestrian traffic.  Used it more like a skateboard if you know what I mean. 

When you got kicked off, were you riding between those hours? 7am to 11am?

It's hard to associate the handle to the person.  What is your name?

Yes it was in the AM around 9 so it was within the allotted time frame to ride on the boardwalk.  Think I just got a bad apple from the police force that was on a power trip.  

My name is Chris, me and Edwin were the first to arrive by the fountain on Saturday.  I had the MSuper and blue backpack.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Yes it was in the AM around 9 so it was within the allotted time frame to ride on the boardwalk.  Think I just got a bad apple from the police force that was on a power trip.  

My name is Chris, me and Edwin were the first to arrive by the fountain on Saturday.  I had the MSuper and blue backpack.   

Ah!  Yes, I just needed a name to remember who you were.  Can't figure it from the handle. You guys drove up for the meet and you fell off the Msuper while we were waiting for the rest of the guys.  

Great meeting you guys.  Hope we can have another longer ride.  Not the 50 miles you did that day, maybe somewhere in between.  Wish I didn't have to leave early Sat, but had to join the family for vacation.  Lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Ah!  Yes, I just needed a name to remember who you were.  Can't figure it from the handle. You guys drove up for the meet and you fell off the Msuper while we were waiting for the rest of the guys.  

Great meeting you guys.  Hope we can have another longer ride.  Not the 50 miles you did that day, maybe somewhere in between.  Wish I didn't have to leave early Sat, but had to join the family for vacation.  Lol

Yes thanks for throwing that fall in there.  Confidence inspiring!  lol.  I had a fall at 15mph later in the ride that I'm still recovering from :(.  I did manage to make it the whole 50 miles though.  Me and Ted(Ted had the ninebot if your not sure who he was) will be meeting up in Jersey in the coming weeks to ride, he's interested in my KS-14C so I'm gonna let him test drive and hit a few spots.  I'll let you know when we go since you are in Jersey as well.  

Next time leave the family and ride, that's what I would have done! :rolleyes:

  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Acturbo said:

Yes thanks for throwing that fall in there.  Confidence inspiring!  lol.  I had a fall at 15mph later in the ride that I'm still recovering from :(.  I did manage to make it the whole 50 miles though.  Me and Ted(Ted had the ninebot if your not sure who he was) will be meeting up in Jersey in the coming weeks to ride, he's interested in my KS-14C so I'm gonna let him test drive and hit a few spots.  I'll let you know when we go since you are in Jersey as well.  

Next time leave the family and ride, that's what I would have done! :rolleyes:

  

I did ride alone up and down the boardwalk, then came back to do it with the fam. :P  Yes, will be interested in a ride in NJ, just let me know when and where.  Adam coming?  He is in NJ too.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I did try to ride the EUC on the beach, didn't work on the sand at all.  It just sank in, got a couple of chuckles.  I've seen people ride it on the wet sand, but on the loose sand it doesn't work.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...