NOTICE: Recall for GOTWAY MTen3 (Green Fashion)

Reading through various topics of this forum it is really not hard to come to conclusion that Gotway is one of the EUC manufacturers that has serious repeated issues with QC. It is also obvious that people who own their wheels are often not satisfied with the way that company handles these issues and complaints. It's a shame, because otherwise they have very attractive product portfolio. If we ever want that this "sport" of ours that we love and EUC-s in general as a mode of transportation to have a chance to go mainstream, QC is the first thing that has to be seriously addressed. Unlike other emerging green & alternative modes of transportation, we have only one wheel and anything failing inside the device usually means nasty rendezvouses with the pavement. Or maybe I am getting it wrong and the majority of people here would like this to stay a hobby only for "die hard fans" - literally?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, xebeche said:

Reading through various topics of this forum it is really not hard to come to conclusion that Gotway is one of the EUC manufacturers that has serious repeated issues with QC. It is also obvious that people who own their wheels are often not satisfied with the way that company handles these issues and complaints. It's a shame, because otherwise they have very attractive product portfolio. If we ever want that this "sport" of ours that we love and EUC-s in general as a mode of transportation to have a chance to go mainstream, QC is the first thing that has to be seriously addressed. Unlike other emerging green & alternative modes of transportation, we have only one wheel and anything failing inside the device usually means nasty rendezvouses with the pavement. Or maybe I am getting it wrong and the majority of people here would like this to stay a hobby only for "die hard fans" - literally?

Different strokes for different folks. Nobody likes hitting the pavement! There is an argument to be had on weather or not Gotway has significantly improved there QC or not. I'm not seeing a lot of other dealers addressing the fact that Gotway has made many improvements lately. I am all for making a safer product and it looks like segway is making real progress in that regard but I think you may notice a significant price for this safety. In a perfect world we would only build products to the highest standard and never have more fun at the cost of safety ( does not sound perfect to me ). These are relatively early day's with a new technology and there will be plenty of injuries. Pushing the limits is how we progress and evolve. It's not for everyone

21 minutes ago, Brad Webster said:

Different strokes for different folks. Nobody likes hitting the pavement! There is an argument to be had on weather or not Gotway has significantly improved there QC or not. I'm not seeing a lot of other dealers addressing the fact that Gotway has made many improvements lately. I am all for making a safer product and it looks like segway is making real progress in that regard but I think you may notice a significant price for this safety. In a perfect world we would only build products to the highest standard and never have more fun at the cost of safety ( does not sound perfect to me ). These are relatively early day's with a new technology and there will be plenty of injuries. Pushing the limits is how we progress and evolve. It's not for everyone

Well I certainly hope that Gotway (or any other EUC manufacturer) has improved their QC and there is certainly more space for reasonable additional improvement. I do not accept the cost as a valid explanation for lack of QC - many of EUC-s today are in the range of 1200-2000 EUR (in Europe) and that is well in range of very high quality E-Bike with Bosch electric motor, which certainly cost some penny to develop and produce. Also this is not wild west anymore, so that we have to push limits by being ready to break our bones through using low quality devices - if it was space - than maybe OK.

I think that the heart of this problem is very nicely described in 20 seconds by this guy in the documentary about "Shenzen - The Silicon Valley of Hardware": 

4 minutes ago, xebeche said:

Well I certainly hope that Gotway (or any other EUC manufacturer) has improved their QC and there is certainly more space for reasonable additional improvement. I do not accept the cost as a valid explanation for lack of QC - many of EUC-s today are in the range of 1200-2000 EUR (in Europe) and that is well in range of very high quality E-Bike with Bosch electric motor, which certainly cost some penny to develop and produce. Also this is not wild west anymore, so that we have to push limits by being ready to break our bones through using low quality devices - if it was space - than maybe OK.

I think that the heart of this problem is very nicely described in 20 seconds by this guy in the documentary about "Shenzen - The Silicon Valley of Hardware": 

Everyone wants reasonable improvement. Your not being realistic if you don't think that cost plays a major part of this consideration! Tell that to the people buying luffy's lol. I can tell you for sure, it's a major consideration!

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe Mten shipping update! They are coming by slow boat. Luckily I'm able to track the shipment.

36861112702_11a9f93d34_b.jpg

Great intel @Rehab1, but you should also consider the 3 typhoon which hit China lately. I'm afraid they had made the slow boat sail slower, if not being in the opposite direction. :laughbounce2:

On 8/26/2017 at 0:36 PM, Rehab1 said:

I cannot believe Green Fashion will soon be charging $950 for the Mten with all of the reported issues!

The price is now up to 850$, which is also a promotion price. September 1st officially returned to normal prices, the normal price is 950$. Thank you for your support, we have received the purchase from various channels, probably 50PCS. Please take the last chance
The second Promotional time is up to September 1st, 2017,thank you

OMG at the price rising for just a 10" wheel! - likely to cover the costs of sorting this cock up!? 

Gotway should look into the pricing of all their wheels seeing as they seem to like using sub par materials & using their customers as guinea pigs to test their products. 

47 minutes ago, TremF said:

OMG at the price rising for just a 10" wheel! - likely to cover the costs of sorting this cock up!? 

Gotway should look into the pricing of all their wheels seeing as they seem to like using sub par materials & using their customers as guinea pigs to test their products. 

You can't look at this as "just a 10 inch wheel". It has some very interesting spec's - I can't wait to get mine.

Surprise surprise. My MTen 3 is being delivered tomorrow (Thursday)! Two new wheels in one week! This hasn't happened to me since the week that I got my Monster and ACM :thumbup:

@JrKline "Wheel Whisperer, @Rehab1, @who_the, and @electricpen should be getting yours too hopefully.

Awesome! It's funny, I just tracked my wheel seconds before you posted this (adhering to my strict 15-minute tracking check schedule :wacko:) and saw actual progress too! Looks like mine is scheduled for Friday. Here we go!

Just now, who_the said:

Awesome! It's funny, I just tracked my wheel seconds before you posted this (adhering to my strict 15-minute tracking check schedule :wacko:) and saw actual too! Looks like mine is scheduled for Friday. Here we go!

Very exciting. I don't know why I'm particularly excited about this wheel, but it probably has something to do with it's very unique characteristics.

:cheers:

5 minutes ago, who_the said:

Me too! Looks like this guy in France got his a few days ahead of us.

But what's he saying :confused1:

That was a depressing video. Is France under some kind of lock-down where they can't go outside? :laughbounce2:

I know huh. France may be beautiful but their parking garages seem pretty bleak. :) Look at it this way though, how excited must he have been to get his wheel to ride around his basement and film it.

The translated captions are difficult to follow, but it seems like he's saying he just learned to ride an EUC recently. Some of his other comments seem to imply the wheel is very firm and responsive. And also that the light seemed bright. Much of the rest is translated jibberish. Perhaps we have some French speakers here who can offer insight.

I agree it will be interesting and fun to put this wheel through its paces. You gonna wear your bubble suit?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Surprise surprise. My MTen 3 is being delivered tomorrow (Thursday)! Two new wheels in one week! This hasn't happened to me since the week that I got my Monster and ACM :thumbup:

@JrKline "Wheel Whisperer, @Rehab1, @who_the, and @electricpen should be getting yours too hopefully.

Mine says scheduled delivery by end of day Friday.

1 minute ago, who_the said:

I know huh. France may be beautiful but their parking garages seem pretty bleak. :) Look at it this way though, how excited must he have been to get his wheel to ride around his basement and film it.

The translated captions are difficult to follow, but it seems like he's saying he just learned to ride an EUC recently. Some of his other comments seem to imply the wheel is very firm and responsive. And also that the light seemed bright. Much of the rest is translated jibberish. Perhaps we have some French speakers here who can offer insight.

I agree it will be interesting and fun to put this wheel through its paces. You gonna wear your bubble suit?

No bubble suit for me :D

I saw the recent video on the Tesla where he said the LED is much brighter then the MSuper. So from what you say it looks like the LED is in this wheel too. Firm and responsive is great.

I'm off from work this whole week, so the timing is perfect for me :thumbup:

On 9/4/2017 at 11:17 PM, z3n said:

Great intel @Rehab1, but you should also consider the 3 typhoon which hit China lately. I'm afraid they had made the slow boat sail slower, if not being in the opposite direction. :laughbounce2:

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like the cargo ship carrying @Marty Backe,@who_the@electricpen and @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer's Mtens passed my slow boat! I hate typhoons! :furious:

Mine will not arrive until next Tuesday. :crying:

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like mine comes next Monday in nyc, took exactly a month.. much longer then the 10 days quoted. 

You know what he thinks the depressive? : D
I made the video at midnight. The only place that was lit was an underground garage.
And no, I'm not depressed !!! : D
I want to mention that I do not have equipment for filming properly.
I made videos at the request of people from the French forum:
https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/3420-mten3-unboxing/
I know my videos are disillusioned to watch;)
I'm not a youtuber, and I do not want to be.

Just tell you: I started the wheel a little over 3 weeks ago, on a BEEPER Road R1. (350w, 14 inches, 130Wh). I only have that experience.

So to sum up:
The Mten3 is very responsive. It is very easy to turn. It responds to the slightest gestures. It is clearly not suitable for a beginner. If I had started with this one, I would be panting in the hospital right now.
The Mten3 has a very good acceleration.
It rises very well the coasts. On the other hand, you feel the deformations of the soil.
Regarding its weight, it is not the most embarrassing. It is the handle that is not very ergonomic. Holding the Mten3 by hand for a short distance, this remains correct. Holding the Mten3 by hand much longer, it becomes painful for the fingers.
at high speed, it tends to swing from left to right if the ground is not very regular. But the problem may come from the wrong position of my feet on the wheel.
Concerning the tire. I find the gum a little too soft and not thick enough. This is the tire that is found on the Segway Minipro. I think it's better not to do Off-road.

And also, the squares of the cardboard were broken. Sign that the seller has handled the Mten3 well. Therefore, it can be assumed that the updates were made.

I forgot to specify. In the carton, there is no mention of tire pressure. the side of at segway minipro is 3.1 bar (45 psi).
Regarding my weight of 80kg (176 lbs), the seller told me to inflate the wheel to 3.5 bar (50 psi)

Another last thing, when you are going to save the engine code on the IOS GOTWAY application, remember to mention the phone indication code of china. (+86).

the engine number, sold in China ( and Aliexpress ), is attached to the Asian continent.

Sorry if my English is not correct. I use "google translation", and sometimes (even very often) it does not translate correctly.
If you do not understand, I can try reformulating my sentences to correct a bad translation.

1 minute ago, Stanor said:

Sorry if my English is not correct. I use "google translation", and sometimes (even very often) it does not translate correctly.
If you do not understand, I can try reformulating my sentences to correct a bad translation.

Google Translate is great. I understood you great.

Thanks a lot for all of the additional information. Very nice

:cheers:

I hope you know that I was just joking when I commented about conditions in France :)

• esaj unpinned this topic

Archived