NOTICE: Recall for GOTWAY MTen3 (Green Fashion)

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I messaged him a couple of hours ago, asking if my wheel (I really don't care about yours ;)) would be 'fixed'. We'll see what he has to say.

I received a response:clap3:

aliexpress

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I received a response:clap3:

aliexpress

Now if this message was from Gotway I wouldn't believe it. But Chen seems to have a good reputation. I wonder if he has access to the firmware flasher or does Gotway make him replace the control boards.

I don't understand Gotway. I really wish I did, but I think they will always remain a mystery to me.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Now if this message was from Gotway I wouldn't believe it. But Chen seems to have a good reputation. I wonder if he has access to the firmware flasher or does Gotway make him replace the control boards.

I don't understand Gotway. I really wish I did, but I think they will always remain a mystery to me.

I didn't realize that Chen initiated the recall. Being he is located near GW I would think the firmware updates are conducted at the factory but who knows. Like you say Gotway is a mystery. It is comforting to have some reassuring communication from our distant supplier. I will stop making fun of the Green Tea name if our Mtens arrive in a timely fashion with the firmware updates installed.

Unfortunately the downside of buying overseas is where to turn if there are major issues? Suppose you could write off some of the expense by donating Mten to the Goodwill. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hold up a sec.... just need some clarification - is this bubble for protecting against faceplants or against angry wives who find out about unauthorized EUC purchases or both?  :whistling:

Be quiet! She might hear you :cry2:

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I didn't realize that Chen initiated the recall. Being he is located near GW I would think the firmware updates are conducted at the factory but who knows. Like you say Gotway is a mystery. It is comforting to have some reassuring communication from our distant supplier. I will stop making fun of the Green Tea name if our Mtens arrive in a timely fashion with the firmware updates installed.

Unfortunately the downside of buying overseas is where to turn if there are major issues? Suppose you could write off some of the expense by donating Mten to the Goodwill. :facepalm:

I just got feedback from Chen also - he assures me that my wheel is fixed. In his words: The car you received was the one that had solved the problem.

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just got feedback from Chen also - he assures me that my wheel is fixed. In his words: The car you received was the one that had solved the problem.

Excellent! Should be fun!

I like how they they designate EUCs as cars.:) Does the Chinese lexicon then classify a car as a Semi?

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hold up a sec.... just need some clarification - is this bubble for protecting against faceplants or against angry wives who find out about unauthorized EUC purchases or both?  :whistling:

Notice that it is Marty's face tucked safe  inside the inflatable bubble. My (angry) wife could easily deflate it using a knife so mine is designed with kevlar and bullet proof glass.:P

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent! Should be fun!

I like how they they designate EUCs as cars.:) Does the Chinese lexicon then classify a car as a Semi?

I thought they were usually translated as "wheelbarrows" :P

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I didn't realize that Chen initiated the recall. ...

Unfortunately with language barriers I would not jump to that conclusion.  He says "was handled" which technically is very different than "initiated".  Sounds like he took care of receiving all the units back, having them corrected, and shipping them back out.  Gotway probably didn't have the resources for that without interrupting something else so it made sense for them to have Chen handle it.  That said, being a popular dealer there, he or his customers certainly could have identified the issue.  Technically though only the manufacturer (or government) can initiate a true product recall.  

Just got a message from China

"The guy is not our reseller/distributor. We have confirmed 
with the "green fashion", they said they didn't sent this message."
Perhaps there is no problem at all? All this FUD for nothing lol!
It's late, good night lol

1 hour ago, Brad Webster said:

Just got a message from China

"The guy is not our reseller/distributor. We have confirmed 
with the "green fashion", they said they didn't sent this message."
Perhaps there is no problem at all? All this FUD for nothing lol!
It's late, good night lol

Yes, sure... Lol!

People here are comunicating directly with green Fashion, as they ordered a Mten3 there, and getting the message from the shop that they called back the Mten in China.

Also our long reputated chinese Forum member, @zlymex know from the recall and informed the Forum members.

Perhaps @Jane Mo and/or @Linnea Lin Gotway can jump in and and clear things up? Unfortunately when problems rise up, they have a tendency to go quiet or ignoring the problem, even when still  visiting the forum from time to time.

Ummm, you guys realize 'Green Fashion' and all its incarnations is a chain of brick+mortar EUC shops in China, right?

Chen is one of its representatives / employees; dunno how high up in the chain he is to be the one calling the shots for this recall.

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Perhaps @Jane Mo and/or @Linnea Lin Gotway can jump in and and clear things up? Unfortunately when problems rise up, they have a tendency to go quiet or ignoring the problem, even when still  visiting the forum from time to time.

You have a point.  Being your a moderator email them a EUCF order mandating they appear before our council and answer questions!  ;)

28 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Chen is just one of many of its representatives / employees; dunno if he's high enough in the chain to be the one calling the shots for this recall.

Learning more each day about this operation. Sounds like a mini mall painted green with multiple stores and Gotway being the anchor tenet.

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yes, sure... Lol!

People here are comunicating directly with green Fashion, as they ordered a Mten3 there, and getting the message from the shop that they called back the Mten in China.

I don't know about that sir, but as a moderator perhaps you should look into things a bit more before you start spreading FUD?

54 minutes ago, Brad Webster said:

I don't know about that sir, but as a moderator perhaps you should look into things a bit more before you start spreading FUD?

That's just very easy to see here in this thread...perhaps you should take your time and read the thread before you comment on it:

On ‎27‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 1:49 AM, Rehab1 said:

I received a Response:clap3:

aliexpress

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That's just very easy to see here in this thread...perhaps you should take your time and read the thread before you comment on it:

Let me just say this, you seemed fast to jump on the bash gotway bandwagon and perhaps I'm more than a little pissed about EUC politics and dirty tricks these days! You say you where not talking about me early on in this thread, but I must say it sounds like you where? If not who then are you referring to? All the smaller company's hate gotway and all they can do is point to some QC issues they have had and blow it out of proportion. They can't say anything about segway for obvious reasons.

As someone who has been at the forefront of the community I think you bear a little more responsibility for making sure FUD and rumors don't get out of hand! You where awful fast to jump on that post and talk some shit about some anonymous facebook dummies? 

45 minutes ago, Brad Webster said:

Let me just say this, you seemed fast to jump on the bash gotway bandwagon and perhaps I'm more than a little pissed about EUC politics and dirty tricks these days! You say you where not talking about me early on in this thread, but I must say it sounds like you where? If not who then are you referring to? All the smaller company's hate gotway and all they can do is point to some QC issues they have had and blow it out of proportion. They can't say anything about segway for obvious reasons.

As someone who has been at the forefront of the community I think you bear a little more responsibility for making sure FUD and rumors don't get out of hand! You where awful fast to jump on that post and talk some shit about some anonymous facebook dummies? 

So now back to this talking earlier? I think we got over it? So i dont comment any more on this....if you can't get over that or dont believe me, ok, your choice!

What my Status as moderator belongs:

I have said it more than once, i am no fanboy of any company and blame and name and shame all companies that are doing faults and handle there customers not correct!

Here in THIS thread it is Gotway again for delivering again a wheel/Firmware without correctly testing it. The evidence for this is a callback of one of the biggest Shenzhen companies "Green Fashion Travelling"...selling wheels in a shop and through Aliexpress to our Forum members! They even have admit this callback in conversations with our members here!

Other -Chinese- Forum members posted this also...you have not seen any of that? Perhaps you should spend as much time as me here, than you can read it all!

Then you post: Gotway has said: "This is not our reseller...they made no callback".....and btw.: That in a "tone" that stands for itself..8 negative reps on 11 Posts?! Congrats!

You know what? Gotway is not known for telling the truth to their resellers or customers! You can even ask another seller here.. @Jason McNeil.for example...On the Msuper/ACM "oscillating" Problem Gotway assured him they DOUBLE checked his delivery and that his wheels are in no way  affected! 3 days later the first Forum Members like Marty Backe had the first Faceplants on their new "non affected" wheels and Jason then could travel trough the United States with a Bluetooth dongle, and Play new Firmware on his 50 piece "non affected" wheels...... And this is just one example!

So NO...i am not fast to jump on the Gotway Bash Bandwagon...this is from about 1,5 years of experience here in the Forum AND own wheels about this Company having Quality issue's! And if you like i can tell -a lot- story's about Segway/Ninebot, too....or Kingsong...or IPS.

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

So now back to this talking earlier? I think we got over it? So i dont comment any more on this....if you can't get over that or dont believe me, ok, your choice!

What my Status as moderator belongs:

I have said it more than once, i am no fanboy of any company and blame and name and shame all companies that are doing faults and handle there customers not correct!

Here in THIS thread it is Gotway again for delivering again a wheel/Firmware without correctly testing it. The evidence for this is a callback of one of the biggest Shenzhen companies "Green Fashion Travelling"...selling wheels in a shop and through Aliexpress to our Forum members! They even have admit this callback in conversations with our members here!

Other -Chinese- Forum members posted this also...you have not seen any of that? Perhaps you should spend as much time as me here, than you can read it all!

Then you post: Gotway has said: "This is not our reseller...they made no callback".....

You know what? Gotway is not known for telling the truth to their resellers or customers! You can even ask another seller here.. @Jason McNeil.for example...On the Msuper/ACM "oscillating" Problem Gotway assured him they DOUBLE checked his delivery and that his wheels are in no way not affected! 3 days later the first Forum Members like Marty Backe had their first Faceplants on their new "non affected" wheels and Jason then could travel trough the United States with a Bluettooth dongle, and Play new Firmware on his 50 piece "non affected" wheels...... And this is just one example!

So NO...i am not fast to jump on the Gotway Bash Bandwagon...this is from about 1,5 years of experience here in the Forum AND own wheels about this Company having Quality issue's! And if you like i can tell -a lot- story's about Segway/Ninebot, too....or Kingsong...or IPS. 

So i dont comment any more on this... OK buddy lol. " Then you post: Gotway has said: "This is not our reseller...they made no callback"....." not what I posted. Listen you can act like you where not talking about me all you want but this is a small community and in all honesty I have little doubt you where referring to me. So you don't comment on it any more, ya I'll bet lol. I never said Gotway never had any problem, I was affected by the firmware issue myself and have done shitloads of firmware re-flashes myself! This is a fast evolving industry and people seem to expect everything. They want it fast but cheap. They want it cheap but strong. They want it strong but light. Every company is struggling to find the right balance. Your Idea of the right balance is different than the next guys. Point is Gotways are not for cry baby's lol. I've sprung my wrists more times than I can remember and most recently broke my elbow. Yes shit happens, this is a dangerous hobby and nobody should kid themselves! You tell people the risks, tell them to wear pads and as long as there adults, go at it. I personally cant wait for the tesla but am bracing myself for the cry baby's. They should take up knitting maybe?

2 hours ago, Brad Webster said:

Dear Brad:

Please accept my constructive comments.

As a business owner myself it is important to make friends not enemies especially on this forum where your bread and butter from prospective sales may be originating in the near future. I remember years ago when I questioned a senior staff member at a hospital about a patient in not so kind diplomatic terms. The conversation about our discussion spread rapidly through the hospital and it bit me in the butt. I lost many referral sources that day due to my maladroit, indelicate handling of the situation.

Build your business through precise facts and constructive reasoning as some day in the future you will need the support of EUC forum members. We are also a very forgiving bunch of people!

Dan

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Dear Brad:

Please accept my constructive comments.

As a business owner myself it is important to make friends not enemies especially on this forum where your bread and butter from prospective sales may be originating in the near future. I remember years ago when I questioned a senior staff member at a hospital about a patient in not so kind diplomatic terms. The conversation about our discussion spread rapidly through the hospital and it bit me in the butt. I lost many referral sources that day due to my maladroit, indelicate handling of the situation.

Build your business through precise facts and constructive reasoning as some day in the future if you will need the support of EUC forum member's. We are also a very forgiving bunch of people!

Dan

I have no delusions of support from cry baby's but do wish to converse with people at the cutting edge and those who want to move this industry forward. My patience has worn thin though, point well taken. 

3 minutes ago, Brad Webster said:

I have no delusions of support from cry baby's but do wish to converse with people at the cutting edge and those who want to move this industry forward. My patience has worn thin though, point well taken. 

Do you have a website?

• esaj unpinned this topic

Archived