New KingSong 18L?

who_the

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a suggestion to the KS 18L. I think KingSong should design the KS-18L handle both as a handle and a seat that can be height adjusted. This would be a great combination of KS16's convenience and the current KS18's not having a handle. If I want to move it around, I use the handle. If I want to sit down, I can use the handle as a seat. This would be best design!

On 12.11.2017 at 7:43 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Ma usun, et KS jõudis selle värviskeemi juurde, kui KS18A ilmus esimest korda tagasi kaks aastat tagasi, on vana-tüüpi 18A pedaalid aimugi.

Kui möödunud kuul Hiinas välja oli, oli neil üks neist ekraanilt, rohkem kirsipunane kui metallilisel pildil. Probleem selliste värvide leidmisel tootmises on see, et kui suurt tellimuste kogust ei võeta, on suur oht, et nad ei võtaks nõudlust, lõpuks jäävad nad minema ... 

Ilma logo ja mustade kõlarite grillidega pole ma olen 18S-i agressiivse välimusega üllatunud. See on nagu Lambo ekvivalent rattal, sellel ei ole sooja, ebamugavustunde, visuaalselt edastab selle, mis see oli mõeldud, kiirus ja jõud. 

jne? export = view & id = 1FbZYARXmSJ4_RqR8kaO86jqEeep-FQhI jne? export = view & id = 1Alvz2HlCAy9tnVAUzrMg4vV8F3nO_YFqjne? export = view & id = 1_-UDGwY-wV9qhc53zdYf9Jr8sJk5wWRD

For KS 18 L without seat, the biggest drawback for me !  ;)  But I liked this and did it : 

1.jpg

0.jpg

Screenshot_2017-11-15-00-43-41.png

Screenshot_2017-11-15-00-42-56.png

Screenshot_2017-11-15-00-43-16.png

38 minutes ago, scubadragosan said:

Something like the KS16 with a very sturdy, strong trolley handle where you have the option to place a seat on top of it like KS18 or the seat maybe an integral part of the trolley handle and also has a handle in the design of the seat that can guide the KS18L like this photo shown (borrowed from someone in this forum), but maybe better looking and additional improvement in design and functionality

In general:

Can you please be so nice, and dont put the exaclty same post/argument on several different threads? One should be enough! Just copying the same under 3!! different post is called spamming.....

For the matter:Even if the Ks16 trolley seams to be sturdy....it is NOT sturdy enough to carry a 20kg wheel when pushed out(allready tested), and for sure probably also not sturdy enough to carry a 100kg person when extracted.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, enigma35 said:

Does anyone know top speed on the 18L? I saw somewhere online that it was 55kph/35mph. Not sure if that was accurate.

55 kph? Really!??? :blink:

Time to sell my Tesla and upgrade! :laughbounce2:

But seriously, rumors up to this point indicates the same top speed as 18S - 50 kph.

37 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

55 kph? Really!??? :blink:

Time to sell my Tesla and upgrade! :laughbounce2:

But seriously, rumors up to this point indicates the same top speed as 18S - 50 kph.

Ahh okay thanks for clarification. So basically everyone is just waiting for this over the tesla because of the KS reliability and tendency not to shut off? Because otherwise the specs are very similar.

36 minutes ago, enigma35 said:

Ahh okay thanks for clarification. So basically everyone is just waiting for this over the tesla because of the KS reliability and tendency not to shut off? Because otherwise the specs are very similar.

I wasn't aware that everyone is waiting for the 18L ;)  And the Tesla has a tendency to shut off? :o  I better sell mine quick...

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wasn't aware that everyone is waiting for the 18L ;)  And the Tesla has a tendency to shut off? :o  I better sell mine quick...

For the record, I am waiting for the 18L. But l also want to wait for the bigger battery version... 

So an MSuper is needed for the interim... If I can get someone to ship one to me. 

30 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Me too, but i like Z10... wait and see!!

Maybe i buy both, lololol :P:P

I think the Z10 will be too niche... With a tyre tat fat, I can't see how it will be practical for most purposes.

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I think the Z10 will be too niche... With a tyre tat fat, I can't see how it will be practical for most purposes.

Off-road... I love off-road!! I try with KS18...its ok, but... 

I have motopogo and its much better. I think Z10 will be a good alternative in off--road...

On 11/29/2017 at 5:37 PM, Marty Backe said:

I thought common criticism of the GWs are that theyre vulnerable to shutoff if you push them too hard? Is that no longer the case?

59 minutes ago, enigma35 said:

I thought common criticism of the GWs are that theyre vulnerable to shutoff if you push them too hard? Is that no longer the case?

If you push the wheels beyond what common sense would dictate, there are more risks with Gotway. Gotway could put hard limits on the wheels like KingSong does (for safety), but then we'd all be stuck with a bunch of ho-hum wheels :whistling: ;)

I always tell people that they can configure (enable alarms and set tilt-back to lower speeds) their wheels to behave like KingSong wheels and enjoy their Gotway's with total peace of mind.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If you push the wheels beyond what common sense would dictate, there are more risks with Gotway. Gotway could put hard limits on the wheels like KingSong does (for safety), but then we'd all be stuck with a bunch of ho-hum wheels :whistling: ;)

I always tell people that they can configure (enable alarms and set tilt-back to lower speeds) their wheels to behave like KingSong wheels and enjoy their Gotway's with total peace of mind.

Don't think you will ever have total peace of mind with GW.  You never know when your battery will blow up or your cable melt or get crimped.  Or your control board blowing up.  Their QC is very lacking from what I'm seeing.  Riding ticking time bombs.  You never know when the wheel will cut off for any reason.  The above only removes one reason, not all the reasons.  Hard to trust a manufacturer who consistently shows lack of quality.

• 6 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 2:35 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Joey & I spent an afternoon at the King Song factory, talking about the specific technical details & release plans. While they didn't commit to a specific date, it is quite certain that we will not see the 18L until the first or second month of 2018. The new board type still hasn't been finalized & I'd prefer not to be the first crash-test-dummy to stress test the new system. The available battery space inside the shell is limited, I was told quite categorically that there will definitely will NOT be a 1600Wh version, at least it's not in the pipeline/

Here's a picture of the two motors side-by-side. From the outside there are no indications that the motor on the left is anything special, although it does have thicker axle. We put them on a scale & the two were exactly the same weight, resolution 50g.  

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjZG5DRGZjL

Sorry but confused, is the left one or the right the new L?

Is the axle on the right hub motor "open design", as a heavier rider I am really interested in the diameter and design of the axle, as a steel worker with access to engineers, very skilled people, well equipped workshop but perhaps also to some exotic steel compositions I could most likely make my own axle of better, tougher design should I want to but you know how it is when overworked and any time not working for a living I just want the sofa or bed at home.  Probably not gonna happen so a solid design from factory would make my day and able to put more trust in it, breakage at high speed is my nightmare and not what I want on my mind riding. Thicker axle and motor wire gauge would be sweet.

Thanks for video, just getting more and more interested in this wheel and not even considered 18" before cause was so happy with size of 16".

A strong wheel of decent quality able to push me at current ACM top speeds with a bit of extra safety margin is good enough for me, yes would like a little bit more lithium cells onboard but I see as a small step up from current 820Wh, similar weight to ACM is grate too I must carry the wheel through stairs to/from work a couple times.

Does this one too have got quad speakers, if so what is that for? Sorry for silly question perhaps but I just cannot figure out what that would be good for and much rather squeeze in a few more li ion cells or slight cost saving instead, although maybe I am looking at it the wrong way?

58 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Thanks for video, just getting more and more interested in this wheel and not even considered 18" before cause was so happy with size of 16".

A strong wheel of decent quality able to push me at current ACM top speeds with a bit of extra safety margin is good enough for me, yes would like a little bit more lithium cells onboard but I see as a small step up from current 820Wh, similar weight to ACM is grate too I must carry the wheel through stairs to/from work a couple times.

Does this one too have got quad speakers, if so what is that for? Sorry for silly question perhaps but I just cannot figure out what that would be good for and much rather squeeze in a few more li ion cells or slight cost saving instead, although maybe I am looking at it the wrong way?

This one got quad speakers according to this tear down:

I think it just for playing Bluetooth music because I saw a dedicated speaker for system beeping in there too. I agree that if they could place the speakers somewhere else KS 18L could have up 40% more battery. Then again, more battery means more weight.

Archived