New KingSong 18L?

who_the

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

So does this review throw the release timetable back into question (ie: 18L released next week)?

Maybe it's just a guy who got to try one out at the factory?

I thought the rumor was just about announcing the 18L, not about being released or sold.

Interesting bit of info about the 18L that I'm not sure has been mentioned: the prototype uses a 1500w engine, but the production model will use a 2000w engine. 

The source is the Russian guy in the video linked to earlier.  He also says he believes everyone will want this wheel. 

6 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Interesting bit of info about the 18L that I'm not sure has been mentioned: the prototype uses a 1500w engine, but the production model will use a 2000w engine. 

The source is the Russian guy in the video linked to earlier.  He also says he believes everyone will want this wheel. 

I wonder if they will upgrade the 18S with the 2000w motor...

It's looking to be a beast. This one is going on my shortlist for sure. Can't wait to find out some more info on how it rides.

More generic question here: is the reason we simply don't see many American/European manufacturers of EUCs down to regulations?

8 minutes ago, Kael said:

More generic question here: is the reason we simply don't see many American/European manufacturers of EUCs down to regulations?

For the States, you can thank the legal team for Shane Chen / Inventist.

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I wonder if they will upgrade the 18S with the 2000w motor...

I'm still a little unclear on where the Russian guy got the idea that the motor size was originally going to be 1500w because the spec sheet says 1800w.  

As much as the idea of an upgraded 84v 2000w 18S intrigues me, I'm doubtful if we'll see any changes to that model for some time yet. 

I want to know how the 18L will compare to the 18S in price.  I'm guessing they will be priced similarly and I'm not sure which I'd choose if that's the case.   

3 minutes ago, electricpen said:

If he is correct and they make an 84v 1600wh version that would be amazing and probably my next wheel.

If 18L and Tesla were to be available at the same time, I would have a hard time deciding. However, Tesla being the option for a purchase this month, I only have 1 choice. Since March, I've been yearning for a new wheel.

39 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Judging by that video it sounds like there is no usual high pitch noise on 18L :thumbup:

I hope that they will provide some decent mudguard with the wheel so that we don't have to resort to usual custom made horrors :unsure:

GREAT NEWS:

the 18L will also be available with a 1600wh battery!!!

Info from Thomas Hoon, who just posted a video and fotos of him driving the 18L at the Kingsong factory!

see Kingsong Facebook group...

edit: ok @Meng Yang was first...but I was the one who asked Thomas ;-)

and good news can not be repeated often enough :-)

Awesome news. Some great choices on the horizon in the 18-inch class. A ~1600wh, 84v KingSong 18L stacks up pretty competitively against an (unannounced) 100V MSuperV4 or (unannounced) Ninebot Z10 with a similar battery. Exciting to see competition breed exciting innovation!

I thought I might have an answer to the question of the the wider shell for the bigger battery- someone asks the KS rep whether there will be a 2400wh version and he replies that "max space is 1600."

At first I thought that implied that 1600wh was possible in the existing 1000wh shell, but unfortunately it's still possible the 1600wh will still need a wider shell.  This is the kind of micro-analysis of casual statements that I'm going to be obsessing over for clues for the next month.  :blink1:

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

I thought I might have an answer to the question of the the wider shell for the bigger battery- someone asks the KS rep whether there will be a 2400wh version and he replies that "max space is 1600."

At first I thought that implied that 1600wh was possible in the existing 1000wh shell, but unfortunately it's still possible the 1600wh will still need a wider shell.  This is the kind of micro-analysis of casual statements that I'm going to be obsessing over for clues for the next month.  :blink1:

Just look at the difference between 14d and 14s....thats -i guess- how they will also do it on the 18L....

You just need a layer of cells more, but that are 1,2 - 1,8 cm more wider shells....

There is still uncertainty about how much engine power will be in the production version because the KS rep says the 18L in the video is 1800w.  Earlier I posted a rumour from the french forum that the final version will have a 2000w engine, but I'm guessing it will be 1800w. 

Archived