New KingSong 18L?

who_the

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

2,5 is the Standard for 18inch? And i dont feel the need for bigger ones on my 18inch wheels. Just adds more friction, so that more power is used for that.

And yip, the case is not completly around the wheel, i guess this will just not work, as it would have to be a even bigger Diameter and look more ugly.

There were Pictures of a first prototype floating around, which had a much bigger bigger case/Shell. This really looked ridiculous :-)

Is this at least 2.5 (can't see in the spec sheet)? Looks so thin on these small photos. Sure that it would be to big to go completely around the wheel on 18, but to keep known KingSong look from smaller wheels they decided to go with the very similar case as on smaller wheels and it looks just like an add-on, not designed "around" that bigger wheel like Msuper V3 and Ninebot to give it more compact and elegant look. Also hope they had some mudguard in mind, because we will need it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, xebeche said:

It looks like the casing is too small and sits on the wheel, not around it like on the 14 / 16. Almost looks like 16 case is mounted on 18 inch wheel.

My thoughts, too. A bit like the regular 18/18S but without the height.

The straight up upscale didn't work, too, though.

Coming from an Inmotion V8 (that I love) and looking for more stability and more speed, I'm very tempted by the ks18L and the Tesla. I can't decide, help me please!

Nice find! There's a purple one!

That thin thing could easily take a full layer of cells on each side...

2 minutes ago, phatmike said:

Coming from an Inmotion V8 (that I love) and looking for more stability and more speed, I'm very tempted by the ks18L and the Tesla. I can't decide, help me please!

If you have a 16 inch already (though a nimble one, almost like 14), 18 might be the choice that gives you more variance, if you're looking for that.

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice find! There's a purple one!

That thin thing could easily take a full layer of cells on each side...

If you have a 16 inch already (though a nimble one, almost like 14), 18 might be the choice that gives you more variance, if you're looking for that.

I really love the acceleration of the v8, maybe the Tesla will be more similar then the ks18L, usually 18 wheels are more sluggish. I can't wait for a KS18L test.

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Are the pedals higher than usual, or am I imagining things?

Read somewhere that they are 16cm over ground...so yes, higher than usual KS or GW

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

2,5 is the Standard for 18inch? And i dont feel the need for bigger ones on my 18inch wheels. Just adds more friction, so that more power is used for that.

And yip, the case is not completly around the wheel, i guess this will just not work, as it would have to be a even bigger Diameter and look more ugly.

There were Pictures of a first prototype floating around, which had a much bigger bigger case/Shell. This really looked ridiculous :-)

That friction you don't want, would feel pretty good here in the autumn when there are wet leaves and mud everywhere...

I think I'd be done with wanting to upgrade for a couple of years if I got this wheel.  Have we learned anything about pricing yet?  It's supposed to be available in less than a week.  I imagine it's going to be around $2k cdn if it's even available through an ali seller.  

Not cheap:efeebb3acc:

26 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Did we have confirmation before now that the new KS18L is 84 volts?  I thought for some reason that they had maintained they were staying with the 67v standard. 

And the weight...for those of us that care about weight, to read that it's only 18kg is awesome news.  I have to find a way to get that wheel. 

84V was a surprise. Nobody expected to have to choose between 84V (18L) and big battery (18S).

I want this wheel! I was hoping for more than 1036Wh, but then again I don't have the stamina to ride my 1020Wh KS-16S to crawling mode either.

I think padding is only needed at the very top of the leg contact, so this should work very well as long as the pads reach forward enough. The "padding" on the 16S hasn't been thought out well at all, as the flat section only forces the legs further apart, and the top part is way too hard and not to hurt while mounting. A flat hard side with a soft padding at the very top is how I modify my wheels anyway.

But 18kg?!? That is light! If it holds true that is.

35 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

The images in the multi color samples made the wheel look pretty good, but the ones posted by @novazeus make it look pretty fugly. Not the best looking wheel. The 16S is more attractive.

It's the same effect like with those official photos of new car models - always the angle from which they look best :) 

I just realized, the tire is new! I have looked at hundreds of EUC compatible tires but haven't seen that one. Looks a bit like the CST on the MSuper V3, but the center part is wider and the side "thumbs" seem less deep.

59 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

The images in the multi color samples made the wheel look pretty good, but the ones posted by @novazeus make it look pretty fugly. Not the best looking wheel.

For me it's the opposite. On the multicolors it looks like a cheap car commercial from the 70's. The goofy colour options doesn't help.

But the closeups on the white one looks OK to me. The top corners look off, but otherwise to me it looks a lot better than the 18S. But I agree, still not the best looking wheel.

28 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I just realized, the tire is new! I have looked at hundreds of EUC compatible tires but haven't seen that one. Looks a bit like the CST on the MSuper V3, but the center part is wider and the side "thumbs" seem less deep.

??

Looks like the same Kenda tires KingSong always uses.

Kenda tires have those sharper, more distinct edges along their sidewalls, whereas CST are pretty rounded on their sidewall edges.

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

The images in the multi color samples made the wheel look pretty good, but the ones posted by @novazeus make it look pretty fugly. Not the best looking wheel. The 16S is more attractive.

At least they got rid of the violin looking design on the shell.  The 16S looks better to me also, but the 18L  kind of looks like a bigger 16S with slightly different proportions.

Image result for kingsong electric unicycle

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Looks like the same Kenda tires KingSong always uses.

It's not the same. On the left is the Kenda that's on the 18S (and IPS Lhotz). On the right on MSuper the "thumbs" are more narrow and they have more space between them. On the 18L the thumbs are small, but almost in contact with the wider center section.

KS18B-Oblique-Up.jpg KS-18L.jpg.b2f43612eb2e4262b387dd28fbe8cc93.jpggotway-msuper-v3-1600wh-12-mosfets-electric-unicycle-50kmh-motor-power-1500watts-free-shipping-custom-tax-included.jpg

Although, what ends up in the production model remains to be seen.

Archived