already confused/disappointed

tombarton

Maybe the hardware needs to be designed to prevent a power shutdown by switch if firmware is being updated midway?  Or maybe do the physical pre-packaging tests after all the software has been updated and tweaked. Right before putting them into boxes, check for power on, operation, basic functions, etc, and shut down.  That's probably what they are doing now so it was just a slight procedural error.  Considering that these are shipped so far away, I also think dealers should do PDI inspections if they are able to in order to make sure all wheels arrive functional and don't have out of the box issues like this one mentioned.

53 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Considering that these are shipped so far away, I also think dealers should do PDI inspections if they are able to in order to make sure all wheels arrive functional and don't have out of the box issues like this one mentioned.

I think so too, and I bought from a local dealer which does indeed unpack every wheel and test it before shipping. There is nothing more frustrating than a DOA (dead on arrival) for the end customer.

9 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Flora, with chinese-english language barrier dont get that this wasn't meant literally spoken

Exactly.

Btw. I also never thought they could have forgotten to program the serial. They got the label on the wheel, and I don't know of any production line that would print a label for a device without actually programming and testing the device first. Label printing is the last step after programming and all hardware tests have passed. Not knowing what really happened, I figured the programming process went wrong and they didn't notice, so they couldn't have tested the wheel. I'm glad that this wasn't the case and they just lost the serial due to an unsafe implementation of the factory reset procedure and a tester doing it wrong. Not a good design of the factory reset, but at least they did test all wheels to their best knowledge.

• 11 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, US69 said:

that they didn't "really" forgot to program the serialnumber was quite clear to me.....That's why i have written forgotten in Quotation marks:

Flora, with chinese-english language barrier dont get that this wasn't meant literally spoken.....but seams i have to be more exact next time in General.

As coincedentally i am having the tool/Software, which is used to to "reset" -and/or even reprogram the serialnumber, i know quite well how this happend....

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering @US69 if you still have the app to change the serial number as I'm having some issues with my KS16D?

11 hours ago, Luk667 said:

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering @US69 if you still have the app to change the serial number as I'm having some issues with my KS16D?

What are those issues? Changing a serial number normally doesnt help on any issues...

1 hour ago, US69 said:

What are those issues? Changing a serial number normally doesnt help on any issues...

When I turn it on I get 4 lights and continous beeping. I can connect via the app and I can change various settings but no serial number is displayed. I did some searches and it looks like with this app I can restore the serial that is on the pedals and everything should be back in order. I bought in the US and I am now in Italy hence sending it back to solve the issue will cost me a fortune! Any chance you can help?

6 hours ago, Luk667 said:

When I turn it on I get 4 lights and continous beeping. I can connect via the app and I can change various settings but no serial number is displayed. I did some searches and it looks like with this app I can restore the serial that is on the pedals and everything should be back in order. I bought in the US and I am now in Italy hence sending it back to solve the issue will cost me a fortune! Any chance you can help?

Send me an PM, please...

7 minutes ago, Luk667 said:

As I'm new to the forum it doesn't allow me to PM you, could you be so kind to PM me? Thanks so much in advance for all the help!

send you an pm...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 6:46 AM, Luk667 said:

@Luk667 did you find a solution to the 4 lights and continuous beeping?  My buddy has a KS18L and he's seeing the same thing...just curious how you were able to resolve this...

I just found this thread where @US69 suggests that your re-seller will be able to address the problem with the red lights and beeping...currently working on that suggestion, will update if any other solution is necessary.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

I just found this thread where @US69 suggests that your re-seller will be able to address the problem with the red lights and beeping...currently working on that suggestion, will update if any other solution is necessary.

Yeah, the reseller should be able to fix that...

In Case it is not ewheels...and the seller does not know what todo...you can contact me, also!

Archived