Where can I find Ninebot tire replacement service near Los Angeles?

diegoborgh

I've been putting off tire air leak on my Ninebot S1 E+ but periodically pumping air, but I'd like to get this fixed once and for all. 

I'm having problems finding a place close to Los Angeles that can do a tire replacement, do you guys know of one that can recommend? Or what's the best instructional video to this tire replacement if I have to do it myself?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Your other option would be to put some Slime in the tire and pump it back up.  Unless it's a damaged tire, you should be good to go.

Has anyone tried Fix-A Flat?  On a small tire it would possibly overinflate it, best to completely deflate the tire and check it for overinflation.

I don’t believe fix a flat is a permanent solution. Slime is. Just be sure to let all the air out, pull the valve stem, put 4 ounces in the tire, and refill up to the pressure you prefer. After that, be sure and ride it about 15 minutes so that it coats the whole inside of the tire and wheel.

18 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I don’t believe fix a flat is a permanent solution. Slime is. Just be sure to let all the air out, pull the valve stem, put 4 ounces in the tire, and refill up to the pressure you prefer. After that, be sure and ride it about 15 minutes so that it coats the whole inside of the tire and wheel.

Thanks for that tip. I was watching the video about how to apply Slime and they puncture the tire, how you've done that?

Edited by diegoborgh

Don’t puncture the tire. Remove the valve stem using a valve stem tool and add it there. Slime normally comes with a valve stem tool  

Slime will plug a current leak, and most smaller future leaks. 

Also, inspect your tire for damage or debris. Remove any nails, etc that might be in the tire still and if your tire is damaged very much, replace the tire. You only have one, so you want to be sure it does not fail. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, diegoborgh said:

Thanks for that tip. I was watching the video about how to apply Slime and they puncture the tire, how you've done that?

How often do you have to put air in the tire?  It seems that every brand of wheel loses a little air.  Mine goes from 50psi to 40psi in about a week, so I just put more air about once a week or so.  I haven't put slime yet, but some people have said they don't have to put air as often with slime in the tire.  I think I will get some slime tomorrow and see if it slows the loss of air.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

How often do you have to put air in the tire?

I only need to add air every few months now. 

I’ve got an MSuper, and I think I added 6 oz due to the size of the tire. 

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

.prayers to everyone in Texas and surrounding states! Your state is so large I heard that the city of Dallas will not be affected.

Thanks, I was just looking at the live feed from Corpus Christi.  In Dallas we have a small chance for rain this weekend, and cooler temperatures than normal.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, steve454 said:

No, haven't used Twitter much, just Youtube, but yeah, it looks huge!

You should sign on and check it out. Here's one twitter photo in Corpus Christi of a stupid guy  surfing in a suit.

35969555654_c18ee955ac_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/25/2017 at 2:13 PM, steve454 said:

How often do you have to put air in the tire? 

After 10 days it's completely deflated. Weird thing is that started to happen after the first time I added air.

I contacted NinebotUS since I bought it from them, they told me they have a wider tire to replace it now, which makes it more stable to ride as well, but the costs to ship it and on top of that I don't have the original packaging makes it really tough to do from CA to NJ. 

Maybe I'll try Slime first, but I never removed a valve stem before, probably there are some Youtube showing this, although I'm definitely interested in the wider tire.

Edited by diegoborgh

On 8/25/2017 at 5:46 PM, Rehab1 said:

You should sign on and check it out. Here's one twitter photo in Corpus Christi of a stupid guy  surfing in a suit.

35969555654_c18ee955ac_b.jpg

Naww, that's dedication!  Must get to work!  The Bingham presentation is worth millions!

On 8/29/2017 at 5:20 PM, steve454 said:

https://segway.la/contact/ call this ninebot dealer and ask how much it would cost to change the tire and tube.  It's local.  @diegoborgh it would be interesting to know how much they would charge.  :whistling:

I called. They don't do Ninebot repairs. They recommended to call Segway but it's not that different than NinebotUS, have to ship the Ninebot to the East coast. Looks like if you're in the west coast is all DIY.

Edited by diegoborgh

2 hours ago, diegoborgh said:

I called. They don't do Ninebot repairs. They recommended to call Segway but it's not that different than NinebotUS, have to ship the Ninebot to the East coast. Looks like if you're in the west coast is all DIY.

That sucks, well, you can try slime first.  I just put some in my ninebot one E+ tire last week.  The valve core removal tool that came with the slime would not fit between the shell and tire, so I had to take off the light ring on that side to uncover an access hole in the shell that is supposed to make it easier to inflate the tire, but still couldn't fit the removal cap in there so ended up taking a small fine tooth saw and cutting the very bottom of the shell under the pedal, to make the access hole more open.  After that it was easy.  I went to speedyfeet's video library to see how to unclip the light ring, I used a butter knife in the slots to unlatch the clips.

If I had a valve core removal tool that was as long as the air filler extension tool, I could have done it without cutting the shell.

• Upvote 1